+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mepham to Bournemouth.

Mepham to Bournemouth.

Some good business done by Bournemouth this season. Young British players with a point to prove. Wish we would follow their model.

Re: Mepham to Bournemouth.

A fantastic move for him, he should get the chance go straight into the starting Xl as they are leaking goals.

Good signing

Still wonder why we never went in for Brooks. We paid a similar amount for Murphy and Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Some good business done by Bournemouth this season. Young British players with a point to prove. Wish we would follow their model.
    Unlikely under this manager .

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    Still wonder why we never went in for Brooks. We paid a similar amount for Murphy and Reid.
    Given the choice, I think the player would have chosen Bournemouth due to the reputation of their manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Given the choice, I think the player would have chosen Bournemouth due to the reputation of their manager.

.........and, I suspect, the reputation of ours

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    .........and, I suspect, the reputation of ours
    Yeah, that too. Brooks shines in his current environment, so if he is using it as a stepping-stone then he has made the right choice.

Good move for Wales too

I don’t think our “style” of football would suit some type of players either ! For instance, reading the article on Camarasa it said he was more suited to British game than Spanish game hence why Real Betis let him go on loan.

This is also why it would be difficult to change manager now if the board felt Warnock was not going to be able to keep us up , we simply do not have the squad to try and play a possession based game

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Good move for Wales too
    Nothing like that brummie captain we got now either....he's almost Welsh!!

" Mepham, who qualifies for Wales through his dad’s parents and has represented the country at under-20 and under-21 level. "

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Nothing like that brummie captain we got now either....he's almost Welsh!!

" Mepham, who qualifies for Wales through his dad’s parents and has represented the country at under-20 and under-21 level. "
    I know what you mean and I agree. It does my head in when I hear some of the accents of our players. Jack Collison was on 5 Live the other night - he's straight from Albert Square. However, I can't see how we'd ever field a competitive Welsh team with only full Welshmen in it. Most countries take advantage of the player eligibility criteria. Unless the rules change significantly, then we'd be at a huge disadvantage to not pick players like Mepham, who not only is eligible to play for us but who has come through the various age grades.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Pochettino to Man United or Real Madrid in the summer leads to Eddie Howe to Spurs? I'm not sure I'd sign for Bournemouth if Eddie Howe wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Young Welsh players,that’s the players we should be signing as the Capital of Wales as our own Academy cannot seem to develop local players anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Pochettino to Man United or Real Madrid in the summer leads to Eddie Howe to Spurs? I'm not sure I'd sign for Bournemouth if Eddie Howe wasn't there.
    Still a year well spent, Brooks has improved quite a bit during his time at Bournemouth. Definately a case of the right manager at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Unlikely under this manager .
    Yes his love of everything European , is clouding his judgement