+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blakey's Bootroom pre Newcastle

Blakey's Bootroom pre Newcastle

Re: Blakey's Bootroom pre Newcastle

Much better listen than any Sala transfer saga 👍

The term "Madine mark two" was used when talking about Sala and Blakey said that, having watched him on the weekend, we'll have to get lots of crosses into the box if he is going to be effective. I keep telling myself that I shouldn't judge Sala until he is playing for us, but I've got to admit that I'm not as excited as I thought I would be at the thought of a striker signing for us for a club record fee - think Niasse could be a good signing though, because his goals record in this country isn't too bad considering the number of appearances he's made.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The term "Madine mark two" was used when talking about Sala and Blakey said that, having watched him on the weekend, we'll have to get lots of crosses into the box if he is going to be effective. I keep telling myself that I shouldn't judge Sala until he is playing for us, but I've got to admit that I'm not as excited as I thought I would be at the thought of a striker signing for us for a club record fee - think Niasse could be a good signing though, because his goals record in this country isn't too bad considering the number of appearances he's made.
    Quite well summed up by Blakey in that his strengths were attacking crosses which have to be delivered from the by line and not cut back in.
    He would not go past people and would not run the channels.
    Also stated he was not an athlete, not sure what that meant to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Quite well summed up by Blakey in that his strengths were attacking crosses which have to be delivered from the by line and not cut back in.
    He would not go past people and would not run the channels.
    Also stated he was not an athlete, not sure what that meant to be honest.
    What I thought when I heard that about Sala not being an athlete was that Zohore at his best is one in that he has the speed, mobility and strength to drag centrebacks out wide and run the channels.

Niasse scored 8 goals in 22 appearances, over 1080 minutes last season. That's a goal every 135 minutes, which if he could get anywhere near replicating that here, he would keep us up I'd imagine.

What I thought when I heard that about Sala not being an athlete was that Zohore at his best is one in that he has the speed, mobility and strength to drag centrebacks out wide and run the channels.
    I think he should have used athletic rather than athlete, not sure how a proffesional sportsmen at the highest level could not be called an athlete.