+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 117 or so Tory MP's

117 or so Tory MP's

117 or so Tory MP's said May wasn't the right Conservative leader.
    117 or so Tory MP's said that May's position on Brexit wasn't right for the UK.
    117 or so Tory MP's said May was the right Prime Minister for the UK in classic power over principles, party over people decision making process.

Circa 3 months to go before crashing out and the UK still doesn't know what it wants it's starting negotiation position to be with the EU. May is finally talking about cross-party talks but this is circa 20 months after it was first called for by opposition parties and the likes of Ruth Davidson.

What a mess. Suddenly the 114 MPs who voted against triggering Article 50 at that time seem very intelligent.

Re: 117 or so Tory MP's

Did you really honest a god, expect 117 Tories risk their privilege when the chips were down , the other issues were just bluster and tomorrows chip paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Did you really honest a god, expect 117 Tories risk their privilege when the chips were down , the other issues were just bluster and tomorrows chip paper.
    At least lardy thinks the Prime Minister has got the Brexit situation under full control, but personally I think it's all Kabuki theatre. The backroom deals have been done, and the scripts have been written. Now we watch and wait. If I'm honest, I don't even know who the snakes are anymore, as there has been so much double-dealing that dodgy handshakes are probably the only way to tell who is who!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    At least lardy thinks the Prime Minister has got the Brexit situation under full control, but personally I think it's all Kabuki theatre. The backroom deals have been done, and the scripts have been written. Now we watch and wait. If I'm honest, I don't even know who the snakes are anymore, as there has been so much double-dealing that dodgy handshakes are probably the only way to tell who is who!
    You may well be near the truth might explain the lack of a plan b , alternative , or that silly "pass our 6 tests" bluff and blunder .

Lets call an election ,let's have a vote on the crisps flavours in the canteen , move over , let some else negotiate this it's not difficult , all top level stuff, in the world of screaming baboons . Let's not forget the promise of bringing a different type of politics in (also total bollocks ).

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    One thing we can all count on is that once we know the outcome, this part of history will be rewritten.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    117 or so Tory MP's said May wasn't the right Conservative leader.
    117 or so Tory MP's said that May's position on Brexit wasn't right for the UK.
    117 or so Tory MP's said May was the right Prime Minister for the UK in classic power over principles, party over people decision making process.

Circa 3 months to go before crashing out and the UK still doesn't know what it wants it's starting negotiation position to be with the EU. May is finally talking about cross-party talks but this is circa 20 months after it was first called for by opposition parties and the likes of Ruth Davidson.

What a mess. Suddenly the 114 MPs who voted against triggering Article 50 at that time seem very intelligent.
    Do you really think 117 tory mp's would vote for something that could well let Corbyn into power?

The majority of those Conservative mps are brexiteers.

They would be letting someone into power who would probably put a far softer Brexit through.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    One thing we can all count on is that once we know the outcome, this part of history will be rewritten.
    I had the same thought, 25 years from now someone will unlock the papers, and reveal the agendas and unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I had the same thought, 25 years from now someone will unlock the papers, and reveal the agendas and unknowns.
    They'll surely find out as well what a large part sheer ineptitude played in the whole shambles - for example, leaving party politics out of it, the decision to call that election in 2017 looked odd at the time and has proved to be one of the biggest political blunders of my lifetime, while two and a half years down the line no one can say for certain what the Leader of the Opposition's true thoughts are on Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The good stuff gets locked away for 100 years

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They'll surely find out as well what a large part sheer ineptitude played in the whole shambles - for example, leaving party politics out of it, the decision to call that election in 2017 looked odd at the time and has proved to be one of the biggest political blunders of my lifetime, while two and a half years down the line no one can say for certain what the Leader of the Opposition's true thoughts are on Brexit.
    Yes Indeed very badly advised , and decided on ,thinking the move to UKIP of Labour would be sustained proved a folly .

Mind you old Gordon made a few blunders.

With regards to the leader of the opposition , you only have to look at his voting record on all things Europe to know his position.