+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: NEWCASTLE UTD 3 : 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: NEWCASTLE UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Calm down moody, it was more that you were talking in the past tense - "we failed to register a shot on target" - about a game that still had 20 mins left to play
    What tense would you like me to use???

Re: FT: NEWCASTLE UTD 3 : 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    What tense would you like me to use???
    Either a wigwam or a teepee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Gunnarsson would have been pointing at someone to make the tackle.
    When he points he's usually reminding someone to cover thier position , because if he goes to that player, the player he's covering becomes free in space.

If a player gets beat though he is then obligated to move move to cover , once again promoting a pointing moment , as his man has become free.

He works like a dog on that field,and has never let us down that is the way I see it anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    When he points he's usually reminding someone to cover thier position , because if he goes to that player, the player he's covering becomes free in space.

If a player gets beat though he is then obligated to move move to cover , once again promoting a pointing moment , as his man has become free.

He works like a dog on that field,and has never let us down
    that is the way I see it anyway .
    Ok, it's all about opinions I suppose.

However, I have to disagree. Gunnarsson lacks pace and runs around in circles but to little effect, similar in many ways that Paul Bryson used to do... some fans love to see a player running non-stop, personally I'd rather they use that energy more constructively. Gunnarsson is not a good passer of the ball, which for a midfielder is a definite weakness.

We have to get better than him and Ralls, they're no better than mid to lower Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

He works like a dog on that field,and has never let us down that is the way I see it anyway .
    He's mainly been given the task of man marking unfortunately he can't keep up with the man he's usually marking then leaves space for the man he's not marking then decides to follow the ball then leave the man he's supposed to be marking free