+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: NEWCASTLE UTD 3 : 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: NEWCASTLE UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

-25 Goal Difference. It’ll be -45 or more by the end of the season. We are a Championship squad playing like one sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    We're ****ing pathetic. The announcement of Sala signing will not lighten my mood. Grumpy tonight.
    Sala is going to have to be a miracle worker!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Unless this Sala guy can perform miracles on his own (with no service from midfield) then this seems like the end of the road. I wonder if he is regretting his decision already?
    This all day. Also what's the points of setting up with wingers that don't use width and speed and provide balls for strikers? Sala needs service, so for this to work NW needs to change tactics or its going to be a bleak run in.

3-0 defeat against these lot says it all
    Who’s going to want to come and play for us , Sala might change his mind based on what he would have seen
    Don’t want to see ralls in our team again , I know you’ll say it was down to injuries he was playing but he offers nothing and he’s been like that all season
    Completely out of his depth

This season is ruining MOTD for me

That was shambolic

Ah well, no game next weekend, a week to get players fit and focus on improving the squad. Onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    This season is ruining MOTD for me
    I'm never up that late ...as we're always on last

This all day. Also what's the points of setting up with wingers that don't use width and speed and provide balls for strikers? Sala needs service, so for this to work NW needs to change tactics or its going to be a bleak run in.
    The wingers are on the pitch to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Gunnarsson would have been pointing at someone to make the tackle.
    Fair enough. But at least he would have kept Ralls out of the team.
    That has to be worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The winters are on the pitch to defend.
    😂 At least that's keeping the scores down.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I don't post often full stop mate. Disgraceful? Grow up. I've been a season ticket holder since the mid 90s so am quite entitled to air my opinion. If you're okay with being all happy clappy watching this then good for you. But this is dire.
    There a difference between airing your opinion and calling the team 'a bag of shite'. Overall this season we have played ok but in the last two games poorly. There are two teams below us and we are within three points of 14th. You obviously need to grow up and take defeat graciously.Did you actually think that we would beat Newcastle away. I suppose you are also expecting us to beat Arsenal on Tuesday.

Major surgery required. Team just isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    Fair enough. But at least he would have kept Ralls out of the team.
    That has to be worth something.
    For that we have mutual agreement! I never want to see Ralls in a City shirt again.

I'm never up that late ...as we're always on last
    It's 3.30 am where I am.
    The only positive from staying up is I don't have to watch that in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There a difference between airing your opinion and calling the team 'a bag of shite'. Overall this season we have played ok but in the last two games poorly. There are two teams below us and we are within three points of 14th. You obviously need to grow up and take defeat graciously.
    There is zero difference between my opinion and calling the team a "bag of sh!te" .....as that is my opinion of today's dire performance.

Because Warnock picks them and tells them their first responsibility is to defend, and he doesn’t trust Murphy (in particular) to track back. He has set us up in almost every game playing for 0-0 and even when we’re 1-0 down we hope to keep it that way until 75 mins and then have a go. I’d much rather see is having a go and providing some entertainment. At this stage what’s the difference between losing 3-0 or 5-2. Palace showed us how to do it today and at Man City but they’re much better than we are

I don't post often full stop mate. Disgraceful? Grow up. I've been a season ticket holder since the mid 90s so am quite entitled to air my opinion. If you're okay with being all happy clappy watching this then good for you. But this is dire.
    I'm not going to pretend I'm happy with the latest performance - does any team need a winter rest period like ours does? - but we knew at the start of the season that there will be bad runs and bad games where fans need to show up twice as much because players are struggling. We're in one of those periods now but if we could put together a run like we had earlier in the season (3/4 home wins on the bounce) then we'll be in a competitive position.

It's not about being a happy-clapper, it's recognising that we need to keep positive and pull 'em over the line because they're struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There a difference between airing your opinion and calling the team 'a bag of shite'. Overall this season we have played ok but in the last two games poorly. There are two teams below us and we are within three points of 14th. You obviously need to grow up and take defeat graciously.
    Three points? You're having a ****ing laugh. Where the **** are we getting three points from? We just took one point out of six from Huddersfield and Newcastle. Get ****ing real.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm not going to pretend I'm happy with the latest performance - does any team need a winter rest period like ours does? - but we knew at the start of the season that there will be bad runs and bad games where fans need to show up twice as much because players are struggling. We're in one of those periods now but if we could put together a run like we had earlier in the season (3/4 home wins on the bounce) then we'll be in a competitive position.

It's not about being a happy-clapper, it's recognising that we need to keep positive and pull 'em over the line because they're struggling.
    Next home game I'll be cheering and shouting as always. But on here or down the pub if they've been poor then I'll say so. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Three points? You're having a ****ing laugh. Where the **** are we getting three points from? We just took one point out of six from Huddersfield and Newcastle. Get ****ing real.
    No, he has a point - if everyone above us loses and we win 15-0 we will be in 14th. Let's all hold hands and pray to the baby Jesus.

Very disappointed with today, but we all knew it was going to be tough this season.
    Looking at our squad, no way should we even be where we are.
    Enjoy the break all.
    CTID

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    Very disappointed with today, but we all knew it was going to be tough this season.
    Looking at our squad, no way should we even be where we are.
    Enjoy the break all.
    CTID
    Reading your post, are you suggesting we have a squad that should not be in the bottom 3 ?
    I think you are giving these players far too much credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Reading your post, are you suggesting we have a squad that should not be in the bottom 3 ?
    I think you are giving these players far too much credibility.
    And the manager. And the owners. Premier League in name only.

No, he has a point - if everyone above us loses and we win 15-0 we will be in 14th. Let's all hold hands and pray to the baby Jesus.
    I just properly LOL'd. Thank you. I needed that.

Sorry, didn't know the rules boss. I'm pretty sure the players aren't reading this. Whether we're 75 or 90 minutes in - we are a bag of sh!te. Get you head out the ground.
    Calm down moody, it was more that you were talking in the past tense - "we failed to register a shot on target" - about a game that still had 20 mins left to play