+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anything interesting and family suitable to do in Amsterdam

Anything interesting and family suitable to do in Amsterdam

Putting this out to the good folks of CCMB

I am of to Bogota next month for some business, the flights i have seen are via Amsterdam as i see the KLM flights change at Panama city ( a place i have always fancied to go, my Dad was a merchant sailor and used the panama canal, so it has always interested me )

so today the Wife says " why dont we all go to amsterdam and then coincide flights that we come home and you fly onto bogota "

so anything interesting to do with the family ? ? ? i have been three times before but never as a family

Heisenberg

Re: Anything interesting and family suitable to do in Amsterdam

It might not be your cup of tea, but if you don't mind going out of your way a little bit - you can get a train/hire a car, travel to Paris and spend a day at Euro Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I am of to Bogota next month for some business, the flights i have seen are via Amsterdam as i see the KLM flights change at Panama city ( a place i have always fancied to go, my Dad was a merchant sailor and used the panama canal, so it has always interested me )

so today the Wife says " why dont we all go to amsterdam and then coincide flights that we come home and you fly onto bogota "

so anything interesting to do with the family ? ? ? i have been three times before but never as a family
    https://www.duinrell.com/ ??

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It might not be your cup of tea, but if you don't mind going out of your way a little bit - you can get a train/hire a car, travel to Paris and spend a day at Euro Disney.
    not a bad idea seriously though, we did DLP a few years back, never again

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Bookmarked for our Europe trip later in the year , looks decent enough, and will be great for a few nights between some WW stuff , cheers

I was thinking more of a hotel for 2 nights in amsterdam and doing sight seeing type of things though

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Or if you fancy a more 'indigenous' theme park 'De Efterling' can be reached from Amsterdam:

https://www.efteling.com/en/park/whole-family

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Or if you fancy a more 'indigenous' theme park 'De Efterling' can be reached from Amsterdam:

https://www.efteling.com/en/park/whole-family
    we are already booked to go in Aug looking forward to it aswell

we are already booked to go in Aug looking forward to it aswell
    I have only a hazy memory of it, having visited in the late 1970's.......

The resistance museum is aimed at children but completely fascinating. So much so we almost got locked in. Much better than Anne Franks house.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    The resistance museum is aimed at children but completely fascinating. So much so we almost got locked in. Much better than Anne Franks house.
    Did you resist?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have only a hazy memory of it, having visited in the late 1970's.......
    I have fancied it for a few years now, but never got around to it, this year being my year to do the WW sites i want to see, the VW museum in germany, i thought it a ideal time to see Efteling, so its booked

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    cheers, just googled it, its currently top of the list

I have fancied it for a few years now, but never got around to it, this year being my year to do the WW sites i want to see, the VW museum in germany, i thought it a ideal time to see Efteling, so its booked
    I visited De Efteling in the 90s with my children and my abiding memories are of being stung by a wasp and the very odd dioramas and fantasy scenes. It is worth a visit as long as you can tolerate the creepy scenes that, to me, appeared to have been designed by people under the influence of LSD.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    This can sometimes be booked through sun £9.50 holkdays (if you're lucky)

Bookmarked for our Europe trip later in the year , looks decent enough, and will be great for a few nights between some WW stuff , cheers

I was thinking more of a hotel for 2 nights in amsterdam and doing sight seeing type of things though
    I worked on Duinrell for Eurocamp as a campsite courier for 6 months in 2003. Met the Danish girl I moved to Copenhagen for that summer. Most of what I can tell you wouldn't be family oriented, but I imagine it's great for a holiday with kids.

If you can get to Arnhem there is an interesting St Fagan's sort of museum there:

https://openluchtmuseum.nl/en/ontdek...penluchtmuseum

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    I worked on Duinrell for Eurocamp as a campsite courier for 6 months in 2003. Met the Danish girl I moved to Copenhagen for that summer. Most of what I can tell you wouldn't be family oriented, but I imagine it's great for a holiday with kids.
    Your relationship with her should be private anyway

cheers, just googled it, its currently top of the list
    It was eye opening , for everyone who hated the occupiers , there was someone who would be in their pocket making it hard to trust anyone. Well presented and kid friendly , cannot say Any more but you get shot at the end

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I visited De Efteling in the 90s with my children and my abiding memories are of being stung by a wasp and the very odd dioramas and fantasy scenes. It is worth a visit as long as you can tolerate the creepy scenes that, to me, appeared to have been designed by people under the influence of LSD.
    I lived on the Dutch/German border in the late seventies and it seemed that the German media was run by eighty-year-olds in pin-stripe suits while the Dutch media was run by very young people on drugs. A total contrast although things have changed in the meantime...

If you happen to be there on the 27th Jan, my son, Dylan, will be there representing Wales in an international fencing competition.....spectating is free and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonccfc1927 View Post
    If you happen to be there on the 27th Jan, my son, Dylan, will be there representing Wales in an international fencing competition.....spectating is free and welcome!
    My neighbour's fence blew down a few weeks ago. About 5 panels of 6x4 feather edge. How much does he charge?

Duinrell's great for kids & an easy drive.

Have a look at https://www.walibi.nl/en used to be Six Flags.

Try:
    https://www.nemosciencemuseum.nl/en/
    A good half day out.