+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anything interesting and family suitable to do in Amsterdam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anything interesting and family suitable to do in Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have only a hazy memory of it, having visited in the late 1970's.......
    I have fancied it for a few years now, but never got around to it, this year being my year to do the WW sites i want to see, the VW museum in germany, i thought it a ideal time to see Efteling, so its booked

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have fancied it for a few years now, but never got around to it, this year being my year to do the WW sites i want to see, the VW museum in germany, i thought it a ideal time to see Efteling, so its booked
    I visited De Efteling in the 90s with my children and my abiding memories are of being stung by a wasp and the very odd dioramas and fantasy scenes. It is worth a visit as long as you can tolerate the creepy scenes that, to me, appeared to have been designed by people under the influence of LSD.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I visited De Efteling in the 90s with my children and my abiding memories are of being stung by a wasp and the very odd dioramas and fantasy scenes. It is worth a visit as long as you can tolerate the creepy scenes that, to me, appeared to have been designed by people under the influence of LSD.
    I lived on the Dutch/German border in the late seventies and it seemed that the German media was run by eighty-year-olds in pin-stripe suits while the Dutch media was run by very young people on drugs. A total contrast although things have changed in the meantime...

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    If you can get to Arnhem there is an interesting St Fagan's sort of museum there:

https://openluchtmuseum.nl/en/ontdek...penluchtmuseum