+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No Additions Then

No Additions Then

Looks like we go with the same lot up north on Saturday, all a bit late now for a new face or two. Will next week be a ‘will he, won’t he’ week as well? All a bit of a piss off now, so frustrating😡😡😡

Re: No Additions Then

Very, very disappointing. Maybe if someone is registered by midday tomorrow (I'm sure someone mentioned that is the cut off for newly registered players to play on saturday) then it is possible they'll make an appearance. Same old story though, the club is far too hand fisted to get stuff through early doors.

The squad will be up there tomorrow no doubt, in the unlikely scenario of someone coming in, it’ll be poor preparation to hook up with teammates 24 hours before a game, most probably not speak English and be expected to make a difference alongside a bunch of strangers that you don’t understand. Saying that it’s not something I’d put beyond the City.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Looks like we go with the same lot up north on Saturday, all a bit late now for a new face or two. Will next week be a ‘will he, won’t he’ week as well? All a bit of a piss off now, so frustrating😡😡😡
    I'm not checking anymore. I'm searching every 20 minutes FFS. Thought something would have happened before the Newcastle match as it's such an important game. We looked knackered last week, needed some new blood.

See below

The squad will be up there tomorrow no doubt, in the unlikely scenario of someone coming in, it’ll be poor preparation to hook up with teammates 24 hours before a game, most probably not speak English and be expected to make a difference alongside a bunch of strangers that you don’t understand. Saying that it’s not something I’d put beyond the City.
    Maybe you may be surprised tomorrow with some good news! Maybe somone should go to the traing ground in the morning brfore they fly up to Newcastle to see who is training

Football is a metaphor for life

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Maybe you may be surprised tomorrow with some good news! Maybe somone should go to the traing ground in the morning brfore they fly up to Newcastle to see who is training
    Would be a lovely surprise to learn of a newcomer before I fly up tomorrow, I can leave my boots home then👍

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Very, very disappointing. Maybe if someone is registered by midday tomorrow (I'm sure someone mentioned that is the cut off for newly registered players to play on saturday) then it is possible they'll make an appearance. Same old story though, the club is far too hand fisted to get stuff through early doors.
    Love the way the club is being blamed when we have no idea one, how transfers work and two, what has gone. Never mind let's kick the club anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Love the way the club is being blamed when we have no idea one, how transfers work and two, what has gone. Never mind let's kick the club anyway.
    I’m certainly not kicking the club, I’d imagine our hierarchy are just as pissed off & frustrated as we are.

Sky reporting that an £18 mil deal has been agreed for Sala but Nantes wants him to play one more game for them on Sunday. FFS

I mean, it is the same old story though, isn't it ? Not claiming I know how they go down, other clubs don't have this issue however. We've been taken for a very public ride, by NANTES, over a player who people are utterly desperate for, yet wouldn't raise their eyebrows at if someone else was signing him. Any normal club, with a normal set of principles would've taken their money elsewhere in this time and got someone else in.

Be very shocked it Niasse isn't on that flight up to Newcastle tomorrow.

Everything was/is done. Maybe waiting on paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Be very shocked it Niasse isn't on that flight up to Newcastle tomorrow.

Everything was/is done. Maybe waiting on paperwork.
    International clearance I guess. Can take a while from Senegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Sky reporting that an £18 mil deal has been agreed for Sala but Nantes wants him to play one more game for them on Sunday. FFS
    Club needs to Man up. Tell them to do one or we'll go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Club needs to Man up. Tell them to do one or we'll go elsewhere.
    Aha, the old bar stool response. If only life were that black and white....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Aha, the old bar stool response. If only life were that black and white....
    I'm being serious. There's other options out there.

I wouldn't rule out Sala just yet either; no idea if it's too late for tomorrow though.

Our agent's plane has just arrived in Nantes; let's hope we're picking him up!

As frustrating as it seems, we aren’t playing a top 6 team away on Saturday. As the ToBW has touched on, Newcastle’s home record so far this season isn’t very good. If we have no new signings for the game, then we should still be capable of picking up at least a point if we approach it in the manner that even with our limitations, we are capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    As frustrating as it seems, we aren’t playing a top 6 team away on Saturday. As the ToBW has touched on, Newcastle’s home record so far this season isn’t very good. If we have no new signings for the game, then we should still be capable of picking up at least a point if we approach it in the manner that even with our limitations, we are capable of.
    No disrespect but after the way we played at home against Huddersfield I'm not very skeptical about our chances at Newcastle ..... I just hope the lads go up there and prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    No disrespect but after the way we played at home against Huddersfield I'm not very skeptical about our chances at Newcastle ..... I just hope the lads go up there and prove me wrong
    Surely they can’t be as bad as that again 😂

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I'm being serious. There's other options out there.
    It's a pity that the club don't have the benefit of your wisdom regarding their multi-million pound contractual negotiations at this fraught time.

THis is also true. But we also know that 1) other clubs do manage to sign players so it cannot be rocket science; and 2) the Huddersfield and Newcastle games are huge and new blood could have been a huge boost

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    I'm not checking anymore. I'm searching every 20 minutes FFS.
    That didn't work then. Checking every 10 minutes today. 😂

Kick the club is a regular passtime on here.