+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeling shite

Re: Feeling shite

please try talking therapies run by the nhs. i attended their sessions in reading and they were very helpful. depression is miserable and not visible like a physical injury but there’s help and hope. good luck and keep talking.

Think we're all feeling shite today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My only advice is don't forget that stat which says that one in four people will suffer from a mental illness at some time in their life - that brings home the fact that, although you may feel alone, there are plenty of people around who have or are going through the same as you and it also means that there are plenty of people around who are qualified to help you through it.

Best of luck.
    And that 1 in 4 are the ones that admit to it.

I wouldn’t be surprised that most people suffer to one degree or another at some point.

Respect to those brave enough to share their experiences and advice with you on here.

One thing that hasn’t been said is please don’t turn to drink. It screws with your mind, especially if you are vulnerable.

I’ve seen so many people spiral when drink has mixed with depression

Some great positive advice on here .

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Been to the GP, they're going to run blood tests to try and rule out anything that is going on physically i.e. anaemia leading to lack of sleep leading to low mood.
    It could be something like that, or stress related, or depression.
    The journey has begun.
    Make sure you get your thyroid tested too as this can have an effect on moods, depression etc. Hopefully that will be included in blood tests but it's worth asking to make sure that is one line of enquiry. On another tack....in addition to all the other good advice on here.....singing! Apparently it's good for the old spirit/feelgood factor. Are you in the Canton for home matches? I'm not a proper singer but do enjoy a good chant. Good for stress relief, even if we don't score.
    Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Make sure you get your thyroid tested too as this can have an effect on moods, depression etc. Hopefully that will be included in blood tests but it's worth asking to make sure that is one line of enquiry. On another tack....in addition to all the other good advice on here.....singing! Apparently it's good for the old spirit/feelgood factor. Are you in the Canton for home matches? I'm not a proper singer but do enjoy a good chant. Good for stress relief, even if we don't score.
    Best of luck.
    Once again thanks everybody, will be trying plenty of things suggested.
    Hobbies and time to myself is high up on the list.

Thyroid is being checked.

Once again thanks everybody, will be trying plenty of things suggested.
    Hobbies and time to myself is high up on the list.

Thyroid is being checked.
    Keep us updated pal

Wow, strange reading back on this thread, seems so prescient.
    Went to the doc and all was fine physically, though two and a half years later I can give an update in that it all went to rat shit. Wife left me, sold and moved house, pandemic, dad died, and more, no wonder I was diagnosed with depression this week.

Wow, strange reading back on this thread, seems so prescient.
    Went to the doc and all was fine physically, though two and a half years later I can give an update in that it all went to rat shit. Wife left me, sold and moved house, pandemic, dad died, and more, no wonder I was diagnosed with depression this week.
    Can't give any personalised thoughts here, but the fact is a lot has happened and you are still here fighting on. That says a lot