+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coventry back at The Ricoh

Coventry back at The Ricoh

or Coventry Building Society Arena as it's known now.

Coventry v Forest.
    ko 4:30pm, live on Sky.

Re: Coventry back at The Ricoh

Good for them. They were a first division team when I was growing up. Loved it when they won the cup in '87. It's sad what's happened to them in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Good for them. They were a first division team when I was growing up. Loved it when they won the cup in '87. It's sad what's happened to them in the last 20 years.
    I was seeing some girl from school on the day of that 1987 final. I'd never missed an FA cup final, but she wanted to meet up on that Saturday and do some shopping in Town. I ended up meeting her, did a few shops etc, although temptation got the better of me and i ended up watching the whole game outside Dixons on queen St, they had a Tele with the game on! She actually watched it with me. It worked out well, because we've been together even since that first date, 34 years, married for 24. Who said romance is dead

Must feel good for the fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I was seeing some girl from school on the day of that 1987 final. I'd never missed an FA cup final, but she wanted to meet up on that Saturday and do some shopping in Town. I ended up meeting her, did a few shops etc, although temptation got the better of me and i ended up watching the whole game outside Dixons on queen St, they had a Tele with the game on! She actually watched it with me. It worked out well, because we've been together even since that first date, 34 years, married for 24. Who said romance is dead
    What a great story!!

I’m coming home next week for a few weeks.
    Bit of a pain trying to get a test booked with results back within 3 days.

Got my 2nd day test sorted and going to try and take one over with me for my return.

My Mate is getting Millwall tickets sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    What a great story!!

I’m coming home next week for a few weeks.
    Bit of a pain trying to get a test booked with results back within 3 days.

Got my 2nd day test sorted and going to try and take one over with me for my return.

My Mate is getting Millwall tickets sorted!
    Thanks mate, It was a lovely sunny day, as seemed the case on all FA cup finals back then! Hope that you have a great time back in Wales and watching The City

👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    ����
    Cheers, Tim. Nice to see you back

That's quality.

I think that is the way men should go. Rather than wine and dine them test them by forcing them to watch the football or something that you would do on a regular weekend.
    If they hang around then you know they're a keeper.

I remember that day well.
    I was in the snooker hall above Bananas on high street, watching it on the telly, waiting for my girlfriend to finish work. dropped £60 on the bandit with 4 melons, which was a decent amount back then. we're not together anymore, fortunately!!

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That's quality.

I think that is the way men should go. Rather than wine and dine them test them by forcing them to watch the football or something that you would do on a regular weekend.
    Me and the Mrs Have a special place in our hearts for Dave Bennett and Keith Houchen

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That's quality.

Doesn't always work. I remember taking a Howells girl that I had started dating to NP to see us lose 0-4 to Newcastle. She dumped me very shortly afterwards.

Back to the Ricoh - saw us a few times there. Strange place. I just have memories of canal-side walks back to some Motorway junction where everyone parks. I'm sure Coventry has more to offer than that

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Doesn't always work. I remember taking a Howells girl that I had started dating to NP to see us lose 0-4 to Newcastle. She dumped me very shortly afterwards.

Back to the Ricoh - saw us a few times there. Strange place. I just have memories of canal-side walks back to some Motorway junction where everyone parks. I'm sure Coventry has more to offer than that
    It wasn't meant to be.

I choked on my sandwich reading this. When her mates asked her where she went on her romantic first date she replied by saying she stood in Queen St watching the footie through Dixon's window. The age of romance certainly died on that day.

I've heard of some first dates but this is the funniest of the lot. Tuerto must have a lot going for him if she agreed to see him again let alone the relationship lasting to this day.

Great story!

Coventry winner 90+6

2 - 1 after being a goal down

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I choked on my sandwich reading this. When her mates asked her where she went on her romantic first date she replied by saying she stood in Queen St watching the footie through Dixon's window. The age of romance certainly died on that day.

I've heard of some first dates but this is the funniest of the lot. Tuerto must have a lot going for him if she agreed to see him again let alone the relationship lasting to this day.

Great story!
    Thanks Vindec. Things were simpler then, or so it seemed. We weren't alone outside of Dixons, plenty of blokes trying to catch a glimpse of the game but being ushered on by their wives We were both 15 at the time, or coming up to. I've not got much going for me, so god knows why she stayed. She's ace

True love story. Suppose its the 80s equivalent of when you see couples having dinner scrolling on their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Coventry winner 90+6

2 - 1 after being a goal down
    Pleased for Coventry fans, after all they've been through.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    True love story. Suppose its the 80s equivalent of when you see couples having dinner scrolling on their phones.
    Nah, i told her all about Dave Bennett when he was with us He was MOM in that game, scored 1 and set up Houchen, i think.

Wow. Great story. Congratulations to you and the Mrs.