If these signings come off.
    Would we see him maybe as right back tomorrow?, As Morrison injured

Re: Will Patterson return to right back/ defence

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    If these signings come off.
    Would we see him maybe as right back tomorrow?, As Morrison injured
    No. He can't defend.

If we get one across the line and into the squad for tomorrow, then he’ll probably be on the bench. If we get 2 in before 12pm, then I would give him a rest. He was struggling physically last week and couldn’t do the basics.

Ultimately he have to be an option for central midfield, as he would be a defensive liability at right back/right wing back.

Central midfield enforcer and provider I guess ,would be so cruel to drop the lad , or it maybe he plays right wing back ?? Cant drop him after effort over the last two years ??????

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Central midfield enforcer and provider I guess ,would be so cruel to drop the lad , or it maybe he plays right wing back ?? Cant drop him after effort over the last two years ??????
    No time for sentiment in our position. He'd be great coming on anyway, he'd be the last thing you'd want to see when you're tired, Pato smashing you and winning headers.

I think Callum's best position is attacking midfielder. His timing of runs into the box is brilliant and he's able to create for our forwards and wingers to run onto. It would mean dropping one of Artur, Camarasa or Gunnars to accommodate him though, so I see him coming on at about the 60 minute mark when we're chasing games - probably at the expense of Artur or Gunnars I'd think.

He'll never play in defence for us again, he doesn't feel comfortable there, he said as much himself after that Scotland game. I think he'd get ripped a new one in the Premiership

Heisenberg

He was getting ripped to shreds in the Huddersfield away game when: 1) they were down to 10 men & 2) he wasn't even at right back - he was playing in front of Peltier.

He's definitely not a defender and I don't think he offers anything out wide either. He needs to be played centrally or not at all, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He was getting ripped to shreds in the Huddersfield away game when: 1) they were down to 10 men & 2) he wasn't even at right back - he was playing in front of Peltier.

He's definitely not a defender and I don't think he offers anything out wide either. He needs to be played centrally or not at all, imo.
    Best post I’ve seen from you. Not at all it is then..

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think Callum's best position is attacking midfielder. His timing of runs into the box is brilliant and he's able to create for our forwards and wingers to run onto. It would mean dropping one of Artur, Camarasa or Gunnars to accommodate him though, so I see him coming on at about the 60 minute mark when we're chasing games - probably at the expense of Artur or Gunnars I'd think.
    I agree.

Great bench option - he can do everything (and some things well)! Callum Paterson: Position - anywhere.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

The system we currently play will have to change to accommodate Sala.
    Patterson back to the #10 role he played so well last season

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

He played 137 times for Hearts mainly as a right back and always as a right back for Scotland but is an ideal utility player perhaps on the bench?

Our top scorer again. I'd be disappointed if he's not played in a forward midfield role.

Every night when I go to sleep, I play in this fantastic mini league. 3x3 and goalies. We won the World Cup this year! 🕺🕺🕺
    Mostly becouse I’m fat, and Neymar couldn’t get passed my chicken are without getting flored 👏👏

Seeing as he’s been struggling with a knock I would try and rest him if possible

I would put him in a 4-2-2-2 personally paired with Gunnar or coming on after 70.

He will run himself into the ground and I love him for that

If Morrison is out make him captain