+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sala on a huge salary

Sala on a huge salary

Sala will earn 7-times what he was on at Nantes, according to the Nantes manager in these translated Tweets...

https://twitter.com/FCNantes

"@ EmilianoSala1 is 28. Cardiff offers him six to seven times his salary, and I might have made the same decision if I had been in his shoes."

@ EmilianoSala1 was very appreciated. He is a very endearing boy. I have no resentment towards him. I really enjoyed this player. But the proposed salary weighs in a decision. "

Heisenberg

Re: Sala on a huge salary

Unlikely that the Nantes manager will know exactly what Sala was offered ("six to seven times" kinda shows that) - but in the interest of speculation; say he was on £10k p/w in Nantes and is now on £60k - that would be fine with me as long as there's a relegation clause in his contract.

Without knowing the numbers it just shows what inflated salaries footballers can get over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Unlikely that the Nantes manager will know exactly what Sala was offered ("six to seven times" kinda shows that) - but in the interest of speculation; say he was on £10k p/w in Nantes and is now on £60k - that would be fine with me as long as there's a relegation clause in his contract.
    Rubbish. When you work somewhere, and someone offer you better. You bring that to your boss looking for negotiation. You should really get a job!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Rubbish. When you work somewhere, and someone offer you better. You bring that to your boss looking for negotiation. You should really get a job!
    Wolff... I just made a post trying to be civil with you on another thread, but it appears that you're too much of c**t to reason with.

I like how you think Sala would go back and say "I've been offered 6x my salary... wanna match it? I know you are looking to make a profit on me anyway and I'm 28 - but come on boss!"

Deluded.

Depends what type of work you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wolff... I just made a post trying to be civil with you on another thread, but it appears that you're too much of c**t to reason with.

I like how you think Sala would go back and say "I've been offered 6x my salary... wanna match it? I know you are looking to make a profit on me anyway and I'm 28 - but come on boss!"

Deluded.
    You tried to what?
    Let’s hope his old boss offered him a pay raise, so we can at least agree on something..

You’re chatting utter shit just because you were arguing in another thread with him, silly wanker

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re chatting utter shit just because you were arguing in another thread with him, silly wanker
    So when you get offered another job, you don’t get back to your boss talking to him? Seriously? That would both double your salary and get you some cred man 🙄

Yes, but playing in Ligue 1 is not the same as playing in the Premier League. Do you always want to be contrary?

He's on peanuts in France, and he'll be well paid here.

So when you get offered another job, you don’t get back to your boss talking to him? Seriously? That would both double your salary and get you some cred man ��
    Football isn't the same as a normal job. Surely you can realise this?

He's a striker and they're usually amongst the better paid in a club. Offering him 6 times his old salary would almost certainly mean he'd be on 6-7 times more than anybody else in the club. It's easy to see how the next round of negotiations from other players would go. French papers say he's on ~ E10k/week so 60-70k here would seem to be a fair guess.
    Nantes used to be one of the richer French clubs but other 'paper reports say that this transfer fee is now about 1/4 to 1/3 of their last year's income.
    Nantes were not going to refuse any offer in the 15-20m range and then have to shell out on his wages. They only paid 1m for him not so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    He's a striker and they're usually amongst the better paid in a club. Offering him 6 times his old salary would almost certainly mean he'd be on 6-7 times more than anybody else in the club. It's easy to see how the next round of negotiations from other players would go. French papers say he's on ~ E10k/week so 60-70k here would seem to be a fair guess.
    Nantes used to be one of the richer French clubs but other 'paper reports say that this transfer fee is now about 1/4 to 1/3 of their last year's income.
    Nantes were not going to refuse any offer in the 15-20m range and then have to shell out on his wages. They only paid 1m for him not so long ago.
    We have been cutting budget for the last 4 1/2 years. Why would we even consider that amount on a player that doesn’t fit our player philosophy? And besides. Nantes is driving the price up becouse of a sell on clause. Dosent mean we have to be idiots. It’s a simple word! NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Football isn't the same as a normal job. Surely you can realise this?
    I can. Played a few games. Even with the flag on my chest. And it’s the same. IF you have anything to offer..

We have been cutting budget for the last 4 1/2 years. Why would we even consider that amount on a player that doesn’t fit our player philosophy? And besides. Nantes is driving the price up becouse of a sell on clause. Dosent mean we have to be idiots. It’s a simple word! NO!
    We have to find a striker and they cost a lot of money. We have found one that we think is good enough, and that we can afford. That, I'd imagine is a pretty small group. We've negotiated down the transfer cost to compensate for the extra wages we'll have to pay. The club have done well, and hopefully Warnock has spotted a gem.

I can. Played a few games. Even with the flag on my chest. And it’s the same. IF you have anything to offer..
    You’re off your ****ing head

Why doesn't everyone go to China then?

If you've been working with delinquents or whatever for the last 30 years then this so called football career of yours must have been before that, so assuming that this isn't all bullshit, which is a stretch, I think it's fair to say that the game will have changed a lot in that time

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We have to find a striker and they cost a lot of money. We have found one that we think is good enough, and that we can afford. That, I'd imagine is a pretty small group. We've negotiated down the transfer cost to compensate for the extra wages we'll have to pay. The club have done well, and hopefully Warnock has spotted a gem.
    Hmm. I don’t know if Warnock has the ability to spot a gem! I know he has the ability to make a misfit feel like a giant and work for the course, but gem? Nah.. Blakey got his faults, but he know how to spot a player. At least in the same fashion i do. Balance, movement and athleticism. Right or wrong. I believe him when saying City needs to change their system to get the best out of Sala. And there is nothing more I want than changing our system 👍

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If you've been working with delinquents or whatever for the last 30 years then this so called football career of yours must have been before that, so assuming that this isn't all bullshit, which is a stretch, I think it's fair to say that the game will have changed a lot in that time
    It has. Massively! Only.. Warnock play it the same way we did back then. I used to love getting a hairdryer getting told what not to do. Quality players don’t anymore, and they don’t like straight lines. They want to dance and be adored.

So when you get offered another job, you don’t get back to your boss talking to him? Seriously? That would both double your salary and get you some cred man ��
    I don't. I don't work in an envirnoment where that can be done. I'd be told, "If you don't like what we pay you, go elsewhere."

It has. Massively! Only.. Warnock play it the same way we did back then. I used to love getting a hairdryer getting told what not to do. Quality players don’t anymore, and they don’t like straight lines. They want to dance and be adored.
    I’ll have what this **** is on

Who did you play for then?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Who did you play for then?
    Country or clubs? 🤪 Not saying. My is anonymous. But two of them did well in Europa league this year. And I’m old. So it’s not important. But by god city fans. ****ing wake up, will you?

A bit out of order.