+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala spotted outside stadium - city shirt in hand

Sala spotted outside stadium - city shirt in hand

https://twitter.com/josh_wats09123/s...32985803038720

Shirt from his announcement video apparently, and the rest of the story from sky seems correct

Re: Sala spotted outside stadium - city shirt in hand

Great News!! Did the shirt tell you anythig about him running channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Great News!! Did the shirt tell you anythig about him running channels?
    Was it definitely a shirt with sala on? Could have just bought himself a camarasa shirt at the cub shop.

Fairplay to the youngsters for getting that photo propper reporting live from the CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Fairplay to the youngsters for getting that photo propper reporting live from the CCS
    Doing sky's job better than them. Best think about supporting a club that's not in top half, fans can actually know the stuff going on inside their club, just ask ccfcwelshlad

Why didn't they ask him if he had actually signed ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Think they did and he said yes but think they've been told not to say, city shirt speaks volumes imo

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Can he speak English?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Can he speak English?
    Don't worry, they probably have GCSE Spanish

He looks short. Thought we were signing a Geoff horsefield type to try to bounce the ball into the goal off. He looks too athletic.

A closer look!
    ZPNA9W3_d.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    He looks short. Thought we were signing a Geoff horsefield type to try to bounce the ball into the goal off. He looks too athletic.
    And he has pipe-cleaners for legs....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And he has pipe-cleaners for legs....
    His stature is not what I was expecting, he looks frail almost!

Can confirm he's a big clumsy lump who can't be shoved off the ball and is both crap and world class in one, don't worry I've seen all his highlights on youtube In all seriousness, he's 6'2, stronger than he looks and scores scruffy goal akin to Paterson, and stikers goals like oh wait no one we currently have as we have no strikers fit or playing

Never heard of him.

How can we give a player a medical, allow them to play a game not under our control and then sign? Surely it would be prudent to do another medical?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    How can we give a player a medical, allow them to play a game not under our control and then sign? Surely it would be prudent to do another medical?
    He won't be playing for Nantes again.

The only way he can play for Nantes again is if he immediately goes back out to them on loan. That is fairly common but usually for youngsters when the so-called big boys want to snap up young talent but they're too inexperienced to play for the first team.

The rumour of him going back to play another match seems like something WalesOnlne would come up with, although I've no doubt he's gone back over for the weekend to sort out whatever it is he needs to do etc.

He has signed so cannot play for Nantes!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He won't be playing for Nantes again.
    Why haven't we announced it yet then?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Why haven't we announced it yet then?
    I don't know... making sure every part of the deal is sorted before jumping the gun?

What benefit would it have for either team if he played another game for Nantes? We risk the player getting injured for them and the transfer collapsing. They risk the player getting injured and the chairman/owner missing out on cashing in on him. The player risks getting injured and missing out on hugely increasing his income.

Doesn't seem to benefit anyone, really.

International

It appears Nantes were holding out hoping he would go to a Chinese club that offered more for him and wanted to see him today, but the player has refused to go to China.
    Goood lad!! But once he#d experienced the Culver and Greggs, all in the same day who could blame him!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It appears Nantes were holding out hoping he would go to a Chinese club that offered more for him and wanted to see him today, but the player has refused to go to China.
    Goood lad!! But once he#d experienced the Culver and Greggs, all in the same day who could blame him!!
    I reckon it was Greggs "wot done it" and clinched the deal. Coffee and bacon roll readily available opposite the stadium for £2 - what more could a £12 million/£50K per week football player ask for?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I read that in the other thread, and once again, it doesn't make any sense to me. It was quoted that the Chinese team offered €35m for him, despite it being public knowledge that we've had a bid accepted of approx £18m. The owner would obviously accept any higher offer and then it would have been up to the player.

The only stories I can find about Sala and a Chinese team are from February 2018 which say that he rejected €3.5m a year to join Beijing Renhe. I wonder if this is the story in question and there has been some confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I read that in the other thread, and once again, it doesn't make any sense to me. It was quoted that the Chinese team offered €35m for him, despite it being public knowledge that we've had a bid accepted of approx £18m. The owner would obviously accept any higher offer and then it would have been up to the player.

The only stories I can find about Sala and a Chinese team are from February 2018 which say that he rejected €3.5m a year to join Beijing Renhe. I wonder if this is the story in question and there has been some confusion.
    I started that thread, and it wasn't about that article, although the one posted this morning has since been taken down, so they may have made a mistake.