+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Morrison’s injury going to prove to be a good thing.

Is Morrison’s injury going to prove to be a good thing.

I have nothing against Morrison. He has got caught out a few times this season, not always been at his best and missed a few chances but in that sense he’s no different to any other of our players bar Etheridge.

But today we are playing with two centre backs not three and presumably two full backs. Will that work better than having a centre back at right back? I have always felt that the issue wasn’t so much that we didn’t have a right back but that NW wanted to play the big three.

Is this the time for 4-4-2 or will it remain 4-5-1.

Re: Is Morrison’s injury going to prove to be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I have nothing against Morrison. He has got caught out a few times this season, not always been at his best and missed a few chances but in that sense he’s no different to any other of our players bar Etheridge.

But today we are playing with two centre backs not three and presumably two full backs. Will that work better than having a centre back at right back? I have always felt that the issue wasn’t so much that we didn’t have a right back but that NW wanted to play the big three.

Is this the time for 4-4-2 or will it remain 4-5-1.
    I just hope we don’t miss him ! I know some on here feel he hasn’t been good this sesason but think back to last season and that dreadful run of losses over Christmas period , who was missing .........Morrison.

I think Morrison absence will make the team weaker. Of course he's not the perfect defender but he's not a week link in the team. I know he hasn't scored and should have 3 by now but he's definitely a threat in the opposition's box.

Will nice to see some variation in throws

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think Morrison absence will make the team weaker. Of course he's not the perfect defender but he's not a week link in the team. I know he hasn't scored and should have 3 by now but he's definitely a threat in the opposition's box.

Will nice to see some variation in throws
    Ironic that we did score from a throw when it was aimed at Manga and not Morrison

However, he is our main threat at set pieces and it seems the others struggle to win the ball in the air. We will miss him.

I also worry about communication as Manga is a mouse and Bamba is just mad

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ironic that we did score from a throw when it was aimed at Manga and not Morrison

However, he is our main threat at set pieces and it seems the others struggle to win the ball in the air. We will miss him.

Couldn't agree more!

‘No’ to the OP

We could see a unique looking back 4 today!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I honestly can't remember Manga going up for a set piece/long throw. When was this?

I think it might. Having Manga at full back is a big disadvantage as whoever plays in front of him is very isolated in attack and at this level that's a big problem.

That being said I think he's the best defender at the club so I'd like to see him and Bamba in the middle with a proper full back outside. Also I think morrison has struggled this season

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I just hope we don’t miss him ! I know some on here feel he hasn’t been good this sesason but think back to last season and that dreadful run of losses over Christmas period , who was missing .........Morrison.
    Yes his influence as a leader is very important as his presence in the oppositions box , he may not be the most cultured creature but he does scare attackers by his effort and conviction ,so yes he will be missed.

We have Sol and Manga however as as an old center half myself ,both are too nice for my liking ,football was meant to be brutal and physical .

Heisenberg

The Bamba/Morrison debate will rage on. They have both been terrible at times this season but the only thing I will say is that I can think of a couple of games where Bamba has been outstanding - which I can't say about Morrison, sadly. For that reason, Bamba gets the nod over the two... if there was a choice to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I honestly can't remember Manga going up for a set piece/long throw. When was this?
    Manga is always the player who stays near the halfway line.
    Only remember this cos once had a bet on him to be first goal scorer as the odds were much higher than the other defenders. Didn't take long to realise why 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    nearly got the second against Leicester ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Manga is always the player who stays near the halfway line.
    Only remember this cos once had a bet on him to be first goal scorer as the odds were much higher than the other defenders. Didn't take long to realise why 🙄
    Manga did score a good header in the cup. Manga is a strange one when he came he looked unbelievable I remember him getting the run around from Craig Davies which seemed strange.