+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I’d save the money we’re going to spend on Sala

I’d save the money we’re going to spend on Sala

Seriously. Pull out of the transfer and bank the money. He’s decent in the air but it’s not as if we put lots of crosses in the box from wide areas, as we don’t let our build up go that far.

Don’t necessarily think it’s an over reaction. We were woeful last week, created nothing and surprising were out battled, which has been our strength.

I honestly expected a reaction today after last week. But it was as bad a performance, if not worse. I can’t believe that Warnock has coached the ability out of the players to pass the ball to each other and do the basics when defending. I can not find one positive aspect to take out of the last 2 games.

Embarrassing.

Re: I’d save the money we’re going to spend on Sala

I think Warnock needs to go on one of his rants in the dressing room , think it’s all too nicey nicey , a few of the players need a boot up the arse

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Seriously. Pull out of the transfer and bank the money. He’s decent in the air but it’s not as if we put lots of crosses in the box from wide areas, as we don’t let our build up go that far.

Don’t necessarily think it’s an over reaction. We were woeful last week, created nothing and surprising were out battled, which has been our strength.

I honestly expected a reaction today after last week. But it was as bad a performance, if not worse. I can’t believe that Warnock has coached the ability out of the players to pass the ball to each other and do the basics when defending. I can not find one positive aspect to take out of the last 2 games.

Embarrassing.
    Has Sala actually signed for us yet? With 15 games left he would certainly have to hit the ground running.

I'd agree with this.

1 shot on target in 180 minutes plus of football is nothing short of awful.

Ralls looks so far out of his depth it is unreal but that is the tip of the iceberg.

I am grateful for what Warnock has done but he seems out of his depth in this league both tactically and with regards to signing players to improve us.
    Yes, we would have a decent squad if we went back down and give it a good go no doubt but the football leaves a lot to be desired and I wouldn't relish coming up to try to defend for a 0-0 every game.

It is one thing playing the hard luck card in relation to transfers but we have known we needed players in these positions since last May but still some positions we are woefully short in.

The last two games haven't done a great deal for my optimism but the manner of the performances is worrying.
    The worst part for me, especially away, is that we set up for a 0-0 and once we go down we seem devoid of any ideas of how to muster an attack.
    All of this while our two most expensive signings of pre season languish on the bench.

I wonder if there is some sort of 'relegation clause' built into Sala's contract (if it is ever announced)?

If he has come for the money (even if it drops in the Championship) I expect he will stay and hopefully prosper.

If we want to get crosses in to him Warnock should pick Kadeem - the best at the wide players for that kind of thing!

There are 4 teams above us within 3 points but if performances don't improve from last week and this that becomes irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    I think Warnock needs to go on one of his rants in the dressing room , think it’s all too nicey nicey , a few of the players need a boot up the arse
    I think he does. Unfortunately our players lack something very important..

Ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I think he does. Unfortunately our players lack something very important..

Ability.
    Or do our players look like they have a lack of ability because of the tactics they are told to implement?

I'd put recent struggles down to a lack of squad depth which has lead to fatigue and opposition being able to pick at our weaknesses more effectively. Sala is going to give us a boost but if our signings stop at Sala then we're going to find it a bit difficult anyway; we need a RB and one extra midfielder as a minimum.

Ultimately we set up to try and get a 0-0 gain a point and still ship a load of goals , I would rather us have a go give them something to think about and at least we’ve given them a game , against Leicester I thought we were good at doing that and came away with a win so why change

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Or do our players look like they have a lack of ability because of the tactics they are told to implement?
    No, they are told to implement those tactics because they lack ability. Half of the squad are players who were here when Warnock got the job and we were in the relegation zone of the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    No, they are told to implement those tactics because they lack ability. Half of the squad are players who were here when Warnock got the job and we were in the relegation zone of the Championship.
    If this Sala transfer ever goes through, we will have spent in the region of £50 million in transfer fees in the past twelve months with all but £6 million of it spent since the summer - not a fortune in Premier League terms, but all of this "poor little old Cardiff" stuff we've heard for the last five months is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If this Sala transfer ever goes through, we will have spent in the region of £50 million in transfer fees in the past twelve months with all but £6 million of it spent since the summer - not a fortune in Premier League terms, but all of this "poor little old Cardiff" stuff we've heard for the last five months is rubbish.
    The vast majority of those signings are not in the starting 11 either.

Given our lack of money, or so they have had us believe, signings at the level of Murphy and Reid should at the very least be starting and you would hope improve the team.
    Sadly they do not start and have little influence on games given their bit parts at the end of games.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    50 million? ohh i would do some good balkan, german and spanish shopping with that money..