+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Reid

Bobby Reid

Looked good when he came on, lively and we immediately improved going forward. Woefully mis-managed this season. Why he persists with Paterson when a natural attacker in Reid sits on the bench is beyond me

Bringing on Murphy with about 8 minutes left and then Ward for the last 2 or 3 minutes was just pointless. Its almost like he forgets we can make subs at times

Re: Bobby Reid

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Looked good when he came on, lively and we immediately improved going forward. Woefully mis-managed this season. Why he persists with Paterson when a natural attacker in Reid sits on the bench is beyond me

Bringing on Murphy with about 8 minutes left and then Ward for the last 2 or 3 minutes was just pointless. Its almost like he forgets we can make subs at times

Yup, I don't think Warnock has managed Reid well at all.

We always start off playing too deep, waiting for the opposition to score a goal or two before we show any attacking intent.

For the first time this season I’m resigned to us going down. There was hardly any fight today. 2-0 down with 20 to go and no hint of changing it from the bench. Camarasa is not up to this level, gave the ball away nearly every time he had it today. Ralls is a tryer but isn’t up to it either.

Build up play us too slow and decision making us poor. Why we continue to lump it forward when up against big centre halves is baffling.

Reid at least seemed to be trying, lots of movement and looked to go forward. Chap from Everton did nothing. Patterson worked hard with good knock-downs/flick-ons but no-one capable of picking them up afterwards.

Bang on.

I love Paterson but he only offers flick ons and closing downs when played that advanced. He’s not a striker. I agree Reid had a few good touches and better movement.

Why Murphy didn’t get on last week (presuming he was on the bench) and only getting a few minutes when we 2-0 down today, is a joke.

If Sala watched that today, I wouldn’t blame him for pulling out.

Ralls is pointless. He just lobs it on or passes it back. He’s too slow as well.

How is Pelts starting a game in the premier league ffs. Surely Paterson could play that position better, and probably be useful going forward facing their goal.

It looks a bit grim don’t it

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    Camarasa is not up to this level
    He had a poor first half, but you’re wrong saying he’s not up to this level. He’s class. He’d walk into their team.

For the first time this season I’m resigned to us going down. There was hardly any fight today. 2-0 down with 20 to go and no hint of changing it from the bench.
    That's what I don't understand. Teams don't really wait til 80+ minutes to make a sub unless looking to kill time, shore up a lead or go gung-ho. Why are we allowing ourselves the need to gung-ho in final 10 minutes?

For the first time this season I’m resigned to us going down. There was hardly any fight today. 2-0 down with 20 to go and no hint of changing it from the bench. Camarasa is not up to this level, gave the ball away nearly every time he had it today. Ralls is a tryer but isn’t up to it either.

Build up play us too slow and decision making us poor. Why we continue to lump it forward when up against big centre halves is baffling.

Reid at least seemed to be trying, lots of movement and looked to go forward. Chap from Everton did nothing. Patterson worked hard with good knock-downs/flick-ons but no-one capable of picking them up afterwards.
    I am also resigned to relegation. I realise that it is difficult to be critical of Warnock after what he has done for the club, but he is clearly out of his depth in the Premiership. Our ability in open play is extremely poor and I have some sympathy for both Niassa and Sala as chances will be few and far between.
    We need a playing style to aim for, however, I am sure a new manager would probably see at least 6 players released from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We always start off playing too deep, waiting for the opposition to score a goal or two before we show any attacking intent.
    It is worrying that we have such a defensive mindset that we have difficulty snapping out of it too.

Can you honestly say at any stage away from home we have showed anything close to having a go and deserving an equaliser when we have gone one behind?

It almost seems pointless watching the rest of the game when we go one behind away.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It is worrying that we have such a defensive mindset that we have difficulty snapping out of it too.

Can you honestly say at any stage away from home we have showed anything close to having a go and deserving an equaliser when we have gone one behind?

It almost seems pointless watching the rest of the game when we go one behind away.
    We have a defensive mindset yet can’t do the basics when defending. So many of the goals this season have come from poor mistakes, that would be punished at any level. The 1st goal today, for a supposedly defensive minded team was embarrassing. Not one player made a challenge on Schlar as he ran 40 odd yards with the ball.

One week ago Warnock said Patterson and Camarasa were playing despite ideally having a rest, one week later and same two are asking to start again. I understand lack of depth in midfield but Reid can surely start ahead of one of them?!? Where was Arter given that he's about to have a two matchday rest himself? We need another midfielder in.

He is the one player we have who's definitely up to this level

We needed Reid and Murphy on from the off....just plain weird

Let’s face it, Reid has little chance of making the team with Neil’s favourite (Hoilett) getting the nod.
    Hoilett now offers virtually nothing and should be nowhere near the first team.

I honestly question Warnock's ability to set the team up other than to park the bus at this level.
    I also question his reading of a player and his scouting team.

I am grateful of what he did for us in the Championship but if you look at this season only it has not been great.
    We have spent over £30 million to sit on the bench and have not improved. Add to this the fact we have more than one position where we are plugging them with players out of position and it really isn't great.

Warnock is for many above criticism but if we're less sentimental and look at the facts it is not great.
    Spending that money, which is scarce for us, and not improve the team any great deal and leave glaring gaps that we have to have to plug is criminal.

I never thought I would say something like this: but I honestly hope we don't sign Sala. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I never thought I would say something like this: but I honestly hope we don't sign Sala. What's the point?
    Goals?

Think the point is that it’s too late, especially given the style of play. May as well save the cash!!!

If Warnock is going to be so stubborn that he’s got to play Patterson then play him ****ing right back.

The guy is not a forward at this level ffs and catching a couple of teams cold when we first started using that tactic don’t excuse the fact he’s been crap for best part of 2 months. ITS NOT WORKING.

Criminal that we’ve got a footballer in Reid who can’t get a start ahead of him.

Nathan Blake says the strikers should be embarrassed because Patterson is starting upfront ahead of them, but the only one who should be embarrassed is Warnock persisting with this utter bollox of a tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If Warnock is going to be so stubborn that he’s got to play Patterson then play him ****ing right back.

The guy is not a forward at this level ffs and catching a couple of teams cold when we first started using that tactic don’t excuse the fact he’s been crap for best part of 2 months. ITS NOT WORKING.

Criminal that we’ve got a footballer in Reid who can’t get a start ahead of him.

Nathan Blake says the strikers should be embarrassed because Patterson is starting upfront ahead of them, but the only one who should be embarrassed is Warnock persisting with this utter bollox of a tactic.
    Agreed. Paterson has done nothing since he scored against Southampton.

Paterson can only play where he is asked to play.
    Lets not forget he probably won us promotion with his goals but needs to revert to playing behind a front man.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    My point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He had a poor first half, but you’re wrong saying he’s not up to this level. He’s class. He’d walk into their team.
    He started reasonably well at the start of the season but is getting worse with each game. Gave the ball away cheaply again so many times today, beginning in the 1st minute.

He is the one player we have who's definitely up to this level
    Massively over rated by City fans in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Massively over rated by City fans in my opinion.
    Plenty in the ground today saying that too.