+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Subs and tactics

Subs and tactics

Please, anyone who is at the game or watching it on a live stream, can they tell me why, when Newcastle went 2 0 up in the 63rd minute, two wingers were not sent on to service Niasse as the target man ? Surely it would have been better to have not sub'd him when Warnock did and waited a bit longer?
    Is he not fit? was he not adjusting to the pace of the game?
    Please someone enlighten me.

Re: Subs and tactics

I suspect he took him off as he hadn’t played much this season , in fact the commentator did mention that he has played more minutes in this game than he has all season

Quote Originally Posted by Grange end 1975 View Post
    Please, anyone who is at the game or watching it on a live stream, can they tell me why, when Newcastle went 2 0 up in the 63rd minute, two wingers were not sent on to service Niasse as the target man ? Surely it would have been better to have not sub'd him when Warnock did and waited a bit longer?
    Is he not fit? was he not adjusting to the pace of the game?
    Please someone enlighten me.
    We had two wingers on the pitch already. Plus he's not really a target man. And he'd only played 70 mins of football this season.

Fair comment

He was probably knackered then!

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    We had two wingers on the pitch already. Plus he's not really a target man. And he'd only played 70 mins of football this season.
    That’s 70 minutes of playing football more than he’ll get playing Warnocks tactics!

subs?? oh you mean in the last 10 minutes...

tactics?...

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    subs?? oh you mean in the last 10 minutes...

tactics?...
    😄😂

😂😂😯😕if that's true about Arter going back then we are in a bit of a tough situation.
    We need some proven premier league midfielders fast or we'll be spending a lot more time in the bottom three!
    For me it's all out attack from here on in, if Warnock establishes what he thinks to be his best midfield then 4 4 2 using wingers to supply Sala and Niasse might give us a fighting chance?