+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Neil but goodbye

Thanks Neil but goodbye

Absolutely awful. Newcastle have been crap all season, and they stroll past to an easy win. Defensively we conceded a pile of easy goals over recent weeks.

No goals against Huddersfield. None against Newcastle. One goal in 5 games. £6m Madine, no goals. £18m refused for Zohore, no goals. £12m for Reid, two goals. Top scorer, a converted right back.

Going into games against the big teams with a defeated attitude. Tactics that would have been outdated in 1992 when the Premier League started.

It is a shambles. All this bullshit about "enjoying the ride", ****ing easy to say when you are on huge wages. Deflecting blame to refs, players who didn't sign, and even Brexit?

No room for sentimentality at this club, and no room for prehistoric tactics in the Premier League. Get rid, before his fine work last season becomes irrelevant.

Re: Thanks Neil but goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Absolutely awful. Newcastle have been crap all season, and they stroll past to an easy win. Defensively we conceded a pile of easy goals over recent weeks.

No goals against Huddersfield. None against Newcastle. One goal in 5 games. £6m Madine, no goals. £18m refused for Zohore, no goals. £12m for Reid, two goals. Top scorer, a converted right back.

Going into games against the big teams with a defeated attitude. Tactics that would have been outdated in 1992 when the Premier League started.

It is a shambles. All this bullshit about "enjoying the ride", ****ing easy to say when you are on huge wages. Deflecting blame to refs, players who didn't sign, and even Brexit?

No room for sentimentality at this club, and no room for prehistoric tactics in the Premier League. Get rid, before his fine work last season becomes irrelevant.
    Are you for real

after watching that i've lost all hope of staying up, absolutely pathetic i just don't understand what we're trying to achieve in these games, we had to make sure the worst result today was a draw yet there was no fight at all in any of them excluding Reid as at least he tried when he came on, teams have worked out that camarasa is our only ball player so get enough people around him, that first goal probably summed us up. although it would be unfair to sack Neil he's not keeping us up but i doubt we could afford anyone decent enough to do it

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Are you for real
    I am not calling for his head but what have you made of the teams performances and the way we have set up for games over the past month or so?

Let's not forget too that he has wasted well over £30 million on Murphy, Reid, Cunningham and Madine.

The first two rarely feature and certainly do not start and the last two are worse than what we have with Madine now at Sheffield United.

I appreciate what he has done but given the money he has been given we should be producing a lot more than we have against Huddersfield and Newcastle in the last two games. It has been woeful. The last two performances have been worse than most of what we churned out last season even.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Let's not forget too that he has wasted well over £30 million on Murphy, Reid, Cunningham and Madine.

The first two rarely feature and certainly do not start and the last two are worse than what we have with Madine now at Sheffield United.

I appreciate what he has done but given the money he has been given we should be producing a lot more than we have against Huddersfield and Newcastle in the last two games. It has been woeful. The last two performances have been worse than most of what we churned out last season even.
    you'd like to think 30 million would have you a good championship side yet we don't even look like a decent league 1 side

Who was it that said "Good management is about good scouting"?

We just haven't recruited well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    you'd like to think 30 million would have you a good championship side yet we don't even look like a decent league 1 side
    I'd like to think it would at least improve us to some extent. It hasn't for me.
    Especially so when the money spent doesn't feature in our starting 11.

Comments like Patterson can't defend so we don't play him there and Murphy doesn't track back so we pick Hoilett or NML over him do not fill me with confidence either. Did they stop being able to defend of tracking back once they got here?
    Why are we shelling out millions (at least in Murphys case) if we feel the player can't do a fundamental part of the job we have signed them for?

Even taking the above out of the equation the performances in the last two games have been nothing short of embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Are you for real
    Maybe you are happy taking a sentimental journey. I'm not. If you get in the league, you have to earn your place in the league. We didn't last time, and we aren't now.

Newcastle haven't been getting dicked 5-0 and 5-1 by the top teams. We have. If your gaffer isn't being competitive in the pre-match ramblings, then what do you expect when players go on the pitch with heads full of excuses.

I don’t think he should go but I don’t see the point in wasting 15 million on Sala, he will be looking to leave in a few months when we go down and we wont get anywhere near that for him! Madness. Two shocking performances when we needed really big ones says it all.
    Save your money vince and prepare a team for next year like Neil has been doing all along.....

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That's the club plan isn't it. Build a team to get them back up. ****ing defeatist attitude plus any players in form won't be playing here next season in the Championship.

No room for sentiment look at Southampton, they changed their manager at the right time.
    Is it too late for us to do the same?

Why come back up though if we don't give it a proper go when we get here?

It seems pointless other than the financial benefits obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    No room for sentiment look at Southampton, they changed their manager at the right time.
    Is it too late for us to do the same?
    On the other hand look at Fulham and it’s hardly done them wonders. I think it’s too late personally. A new manager would want to bring in at least 1 or 2 of his own players and it looks like our transfer business is set probably bar getting a right back in.

I also think Warnock has earned the right to have a full season in the premier league for what he did with the squad he had last season. But it’s going to take something amazing to keep us up.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post

No one was complaining when we turned down £18million for Zohore

The time to say 'thanks Neil and goodbye' was probably last May and a more football-savvy owner and board would have done that. At this stage I'm not sure it would make a lot of difference unless a new manager came in with a huge budget to strengthen throughout the side. I too have major doubts on the wisdom of spending £18 million on a 28 year old striker who appears to have only come good this season.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No one was complaining when we turned down £18million for Zohore
    Absolutely and he still scored some crucial goals which helped us to get promoted. You would have had some foresight to see that Zohore was going to lose his hunger and motivation when we got into the premier league.

If anything Watford has shown the problem with showing too much respect for teams and parking the bus.

When we went with the two banks of four (and more at times) Watford came on and cut through us with ease.
    When we showed more intent and had a go we got a few goals back and almost pulled off a draw from the death.

Surely having a go and giving them something to think about at least gives less chance for the home side to push on fully and expose our defensive frailties. You would think we might have realised we can't defend and get a point without a large slice of good fortune but we show no sign of changing the way we set up.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    The time to say 'thanks Neil and goodbye' was probably last May and a more football-savvy owner and board would have done that. At this stage I'm not sure it would make a lot of difference unless a new manager came in with a huge budget to strengthen throughout the side. I too have major doubts on the wisdom of spending £18 million on a 28 year old striker who appears to have only come good this season.
    Unfortunately I have to agree. The fact that they kept faith with Warnock really should mean the whole season.
    I think he will leave of his own volition at the end of the season but we will be in the championship.
    A football savvy board may have seen through some of the poor football we played last year, even though we managed to achieve promotion.
    Unfortunately for Tan, the fact that we had a manager who made poor signings and to an extent wasted plenty of money.
    I am sure it will make him nervous to invest more big sums although he can only blame himself.
    A knowledgeable director of football has been missing for many years

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Absolutely and he still scored some crucial goals which helped us to get promoted. You would have had some foresight to see that Zohore was going to lose his hunger and motivation when we got into the premier league.
    Neil threw him under the bus to mask his own failings.

Spending most of your time chasing about because we can’t keep possession, and when we do have possession having the ball hoofed up to your head from 50/60 yards is enough to demotivate the best of strikers.

If I was Sala I’d see if that move to China is still on the table.

The op isnt even a Cardiff fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And yet he raise a valid question. I'm still torn about keeping man managing horses, or getting someone in being able to change a few tactical tweaks.. Dont know what manager who would touch this club, so keep him...

I won't normally defend DML's one-eyed view of the club but some of the comments on this thread are pathetic. We've just lost our captain and defence organiser and were always going to be up against it today.

So we lost. We were always going to struggle this season and knew it before we started. We all knew we couldn't change the entire team and style over one summer so NW went with trying to keep the spirit instead. We had virtually no chance yet have really punched above our weight anyway.

We're playing Premier League football due to a footballing miracle last season that has without doubt given the club hope of playing a further few years in the top two divisions and some of you want to ditch the man that has enabled that? I'd hate to have any of you playing in a team with me when the going got tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Because I weren't at the game? I live in Hong Kong what's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I won't normally defend DML's one-eyed view of the club but some of the comments on this thread are pathetic. We've just lost our captain and defence organiser and were always going to be up against it today.

So we lost. We were always going to struggle this season and knew it before we started. We all knew we couldn't change the entire team and style over one summer so NW went with trying to keep the spirit instead. We had virtually no chance yet have really punched above our weight anyway.

We're playing Premier League football due to a footballing miracle last season that has without doubt given the club hope of playing a further few years in the top two divisions and some of you want to ditch the man that has enabled that? I'd hate to have any of you playing in a team with me when the going got tough.
    Lots of truth here. Punching above weight both last year and this. Dosent mean we can't expect to evolve and setting higher goals. This exactly the mediocre, "I'm happy to be alive" mentality I'm talking about. And i can promise you. You would love to have some of us in your corner..