+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Neil but goodbye

Re: Thanks Neil but goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    On the other hand look at Fulham and it’s hardly done them wonders. I think it’s too late personally. A new manager would want to bring in at least 1 or 2 of his own players and it looks like our transfer business is set probably bar getting a right back in.

I also think Warnock has earned the right to have a full season in the premier league for what he did with the squad he had last season. But it’s going to take something amazing to keep us up.
    My sentiment as well , we are planning I hope to survive and return next year without being over burdened.

Need two midfielders and a right back and perhaps another defender .

Not easy were not ducking Wolves or Fulham they got dosh to burn and survive we ain't, were small fry in q big world ,with an adequate manager for our standards.

Crickey we will have the Pullis for manager nutters back soon .

We need to keep NW he has worked miracles, not great so far this year but sala to come in and niasse to gain match fitness will help considerably

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My sentiment as well , we are planning I hope to survive and return next year without being over burdened.

Not easy were not ducking Wolves or Fulham they got dosh to burn and survive we ain't, were small fry in q big world ,with an adequate manager for our standards.

Do you honestly think Pulis would not have us set up better and be achieving more with this squad than Warnock?

Warnock has spent almost £50 million in the last 12 months that doesn't feature for us very often too.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I won't normally defend DML's one-eyed view of the club but some of the comments on this thread are pathetic. We've just lost our captain and defence organiser and were always going to be up against it today.

So we lost. We were always going to struggle this season and knew it before we started. We all knew we couldn't change the entire team and style over one summer so NW went with trying to keep the spirit instead. We had virtually no chance yet have really punched above our weight anyway.

We're playing Premier League football due to a footballing miracle last season that has without doubt given the club hope of playing a further few years in the top two divisions and some of you want to ditch the man that has enabled that? I'd hate to have any of you playing in a team with me when the going got tough.
    This with bells on it

Neil came here with us in a relegation spot - 5 months later there was even whisper of a late tilt at the play offs as we shake our heads in disbelief
    A year later he has more or less the same team fighting with Wolves, Derby, Fulham, Villa and Middlesbrough for promotion who have spent a fortune and we are shaking our heads in disbelief if he can keep it up
    18 months later I'm surrounded by 30,000 Cardiff fans in the heat of a scorching May Day shaking my head in disbelief that a team of free transfers from Walsall and Rochdale have won promotion
    24 months later despite the predictions of every 'expert' we'd be down by Xmas. At the end of January we are only one result from being out of the bottom 3.

I now shake my head in disbelief that our manager should even be questioned.

Yes we were shocking - we have been for a while but the man has worked bloody miracles to get this club to this position and deserves our respect not social media swipes.

Klopp couldn't make Peltier a flying full back or make Joe Ralls pass a football so feck knows who you think is going to come in and do a better job.

Truth was we were down before the season started but if there was one person who could have given us half a chance as he is actually doing it was Neil.

There are worse results to come - suck it up

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Not a chance of us returning next yr. we’ve probably seen the last of the Premiership for a good while now. I prefer the championship anyway. At least the majority of games are close. Even when top plays bottom. I definitely agree with the saying “ the journey was better than arriving at the destination”

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    This with bells on it

Neil came here with us in a relegation spot - 5 months later there was even whisper of a late tilt at the play offs as we shake our heads in disbelief
    A year later he has more or less the same team fighting with Wolves, Derby, Fulham, Villa and Middlesbrough for promotion who have spent a fortune and we are shaking our heads in disbelief if he can keep it up
    18 months later I'm surrounded by 30,000 Cardiff fans in the heat of a scorching May Day shaking my head in disbelief that a team of free transfers from Walsall and Rochdale have won promotion
    24 months later despite the predictions of every 'expert' we'd be down by Xmas. At the end of January we are only one result from being out of the bottom 3.

Yes we were shocking - we have been for a while but the man has worked bloody miracles to get this club to this position and deserves our respect not social media swipes.

Klopp couldn't make Peltier a flying full back or make Joe Ralls pass a football so feck knows who you think is going to come in and do a better job.

Truth was we were down before the season started but if there was one person who could have given us half a chance as he is actually doing it was Neil.

Klopp and Guardiola would struggle to get an average team automatically promoted from the championship, just as much as Warnock would struggle to win the premiership with a £500m budget. It comes down to horses for courses.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Do you honestly think Pulis would not have us set up better and be achieving more with this squad than Warnock?

Warnock has spent almost £50 million in the last 12 months that doesn't feature for us very often too.
    I don't think there are many managers who could get more out of the current squad than Warnock, but there are probably several managers who would have spent that £50 million more effectively than Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    This with bells on it

Spot bloody on. Look, Pulis is better at keeping teams up. As is Big Sam. We couldn't afford either and in rare case of Wolff making a good point, neither would come to us. And besides, this team is awful. Whilst I question the money spent, the tactics, etc, without eleven new players no manage would have a better chance. The current team are only remotely good enough for playing Prem football because of the man management of Warnock, this lot would be well below Huddersfield with anyone else, and whilst I'm not one for sentiment, Warnock has proven himself enough that something big would have to happen for him to deserve the sack.

Perhaps the biggest downfall so far this season is not signing the players we have this week, in August

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't think there are many managers who could get more out of the current squad than Warnock, but there are probably several managers who would have spent that £50 million more effectively than Warnock.
    I think that there are managers who could get more out of the current squad. I think that people miss the point. Warnock has no intention of trying to 'play' He lines up in a way that stops it. The players at the club have become worse footballers since his style really took a hold, we play in the most unimaginative and basic way possible. Players can't control the ball, make a pass, support the man on the ball, create chances, no freedom to make runs or leave space. As crazy as this sounds, Warnock has made a lot of these players worse. Warnocks way is short term, he doesn't leave a legacy, he doesn't implement anything that can be carried forward. The next person who walks through the door is going to have to rip it up and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    Spot bloody on. Look, Pulis is better at keeping teams up. As is Big Sam. We couldn't afford either and in rare case of Wolff making a good point, neither would come to us. And besides, this team is awful. Whilst I question the money spent, the tactics, etc, without eleven new players no manage would have a better chance. The current team are only remotely good enough for playing Prem football because of the man management of Warnock, this lot would be well below Huddersfield with anyone else, and whilst I'm not one for sentiment, Warnock has proven himself enough that something big would have to happen for him to deserve the sack.
    This team is 'Awful' because of the manager. I'm not saying that they were great to start with, but Warnock has little or no faith in them as individuals to try and play. Apart from Etheridge (and that would be Andy Dibble) who has improved under him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that there are managers who could get more out of the current squad. I think that people miss the point. Warnock has no intention of trying to 'play' He lines up in a way that stops it. The players at the club have become worse footballers since his style really took a hold, we play in the most unimaginative and basic way possible. Players can't control the ball, make a pass, support the man on the ball, create chances, no freedom to make runs or leave space. As crazy as this sounds, Warnock has made a lot of these players worse. Warnocks way is short term, he doesn't leave a legacy, he doesn't implement anything that can be carried forward. The next person who walks through the door is going to have to rip it up and start again.
    Which of our players has Warnock made worse?

Spot ****ing on

It’s one of the reasons Trollope struggled so much to implement his style following on from Slade.

Joe Bennet for starters. The guy is comfortable on the ball and could be a good attacking weapon for us but Warnock won’t let him cross the half way line and just wants him to smash it up the line.

He would be a much better player for a manager who played attacking full backs.

Can see him telling him in training “Look son, forget all this getting forward nonsense you need to be more like this guy” and points at Lee Peltier.

This team is 'Awful' because of the manager. I'm not saying that they were great to start with, but Warnock has little or no faith in them as individuals to try and play. Apart from Etheridge (and that would be Andy Dibble) who has improved under him?
    Bamba? Morrison? Ralls? (still not good enough but better) Camarasa?

Bamba? Morrison? Ralls? (still not good enough but better) Camarasa?
    He’s made Harry Arter look a worse player than the one who played football at Bournemouth

Blimey, Warnock’s taken us from 21st in The Championship to The Premier League, but we want a legacy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No one was complaining when we turned down £18million for Zohore
    I did.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s made Harry Arter look a worse player than the one who played football at Bournemouth
    We play a different style, and they probably knew he was on his way down otherwise they would have kept him

We play a different style, and they probably knew he was on his way down otherwise they would have kept him
    Yes we play a different style that turns good footballers into bad ones because they are not encouraged to play any football.

It’s an outdated system, one that is never going to work over 38 games at the top level.

It’s not 1988.

As for Arter, Bournemouth have upgraded him with a 26m signing. They were able to do this as they play a brand of football that helped them adapt to the Premier League, build on that style and kick on to a middle tier club that can then attract better players.

Joe Bennet for starters. The guy is comfortable on the ball and could be a good attacking weapon for us but Warnock won’t let him cross the half way line and just wants him to smash it up the line.

He would be a much better player for a manager who played attacking full backs.

Can see him telling him in training “Look son, forget all this getting forward nonsense you need to be more like this guy” and points at Lee Peltier.
    Disagree. Bennett isn't particularly comfortable on the ball, but Warnock doesn't stop him from crossing the half way line. We've got ourselves into trouble several times this season by giving the ball away with our full backs in advanced positions.

Perhaps Harry Arter was playing with better players at Bournemouth.

I don't agree with the thread heading I think Warnock should be here to the end of the season.
    But he aint keeping us up and when he apportions blame he should load a lot on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Blimey, Warnock’s taken us from 21st in The Championship to The Premier League, but we want a legacy as well.
    Most managers that turn things around as quickly as Warnock did ( although i don't believe that we were as bad as some think) have done something revolutionary-In most cases the playing staff have become more football intelligent with a few additions added to the squad. Warnock did do something different, he decided on playing with wingers and to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. In most cases this wouldn't be enough, i believe that Warnocks man management and belief in players makes them give that extra 10%, and that, along with the implementation of a no nonsense approach can be affective at Championship level. But what is there when it doesn't work-What's the plan b? If we go down it will take another manager years to put things in place where we have a style and system that's sustainable.

Well, seeing as the majority of our squad seem incapable of doing the basics, and the evidence is there, then i'd say most of them. Who has improved as a footballer under Warnock?