Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thanks Neil but goodbye

Re: Thanks Neil but goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oh **** off, stop turning every thread about Ole ffs you boring ****

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Go figure Ole helped us finish bottom.
    Dont know who helped who. Bottom seem to be the trade. And proudly we will be there again..

We're out of idea's. Simple as. We've just passed up the opportunity of 5 points and now have the task of getting them against tougher sides.

The points required has now moved up to 35, the highest it's been for 3 months (it was only 32 on Jan 1st). We need 16 points from 15 games. We need a minimum of 4 wins & 4 draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    We're out of idea's. Simple as. We've just passed up the opportunity of 5 points and now have the task of getting them against tougher sides.

The points required has now moved up to 35, the highest it's been for 3 months (it was only 32 on Jan 1st). We need 16 points from 15 games. We need a minimum of 4 wins & 4 draws.
    In fairness, we've been mainly out of ideas on how to break down teams all season when there's been any sort of onus on us.

I make it 6 goals from set pieces, 1 penalty, 3 worldies from outside the box, 4 thanks to gifts from Fulham. I can't recall that many really decent team goals all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Malky ruined Whittingham. I remember an interview with them where Malky apparently kept showing Whitts a video of him tracking back and making an excellent defensive tackle. Jones didn't burden Whitts with too much defensive responsibility and we had a 20 goal a season midfielder. Under Malky, Whitts had to become a team player who put a shift in. The goals dried up and, I reckon, his confidence.
    But we got promoted.
    Whitts played his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    But we got promoted.
    Whitts played his part.
    Of course. I didn't say any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

5 of those games against the big boys who we dont look like even making a game of it, let alone take a point, so we need 16 from 10 according to your calculations.

1.6 a game and we’ve been taking 1.18 against sides outside top 6, albeit we’ve played most at home already.

Need a 35% improvement or rely on another team completely capitulating.

Not looking great

5 of those games against the big boys who we dont look like even making a game of it, let alone take a point, so we need 16 from 10 according to your calculations.

1.6 a game and we’ve been taking 1.18 against sides outside top 6, albeit we’ve played most at home already.

Need a 35% improvement or rely on another team completely capitulating.

Not looking great
    I feel the euphoria surrounding the Palace and Leicester away surprises has totally evaporated.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I feel the euphoria surrounding the Palace and Leicester away surprises has totally evaporated.
    Absolutely.

I think in hindsight after Leicester everyone, myself included, has gone a bit overboard on Camarasa.

I tend to agree with Tuerto that we are so starved of actual footballers that the a player who shows the slightest little bit of technical skill and we are going overboard.

Absolutely.

I think in hindsight after Leicester everyone, myself included, has gone a bit overboard on Camarasa.
    I like Camarasa. In fairness, he did have Ralls alongside him today and Ralls isn't having the greatest of seasons to put it mildly.

Warnocks post match interview on motd ... #vomit

Some bollocks about the game not being a true 3-0 and there were many positives to take out of the game!? holy shit this guy is the biggest troll in football

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I won't normally defend DML's one-eyed view of the club but some of the comments on this thread are pathetic. We've just lost our captain and defence organiser and were always going to be up against it today.

So we lost. We were always going to struggle this season and knew it before we started. We all knew we couldn't change the entire team and style over one summer so NW went with trying to keep the spirit instead. We had virtually no chance yet have really punched above our weight anyway.

We're playing Premier League football due to a footballing miracle last season that has without doubt given the club hope of playing a further few years in the top two divisions and some of you want to ditch the man that has enabled that? I'd hate to have any of you playing in a team with me when the going got tough.
    Was we lucky to notch up 90+ points in the championship last season? I hate this notion that we're lucky to be here ffs we earned the right to be here, Newcastle aren't great and this should've been a game we was targeting to gain points from yet we rolled over like a pig in mud, I just struggle to see what our game plans are we just lump it towards pato no matter what, you see the difference in man utd where under mourinhio the shackles were so far on it effectively held them back we're playing hoillet because he tracks back but offers very little going forward yet it doesn't really make a difference yet Murphy who it looks like he is being punished from the spurs game yet others who have made multiple mistakes get away with it week in week out, if we try the same style against arsenal we will get battered

I hate the notion that we played the same tactics/quality from start to finish last season. The first quarter of the season was exciting and brilliant and the points CARRIED us through..

then

HOOFBALL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Was we lucky to notch up 90+ points in the championship last season? I hate this notion that we're lucky to be here ffs we earned the right to be here, Newcastle aren't great and this should've been a game we was targeting to gain points from yet we rolled over like a pig in mud, I just struggle to see what our game plans are we just lump it towards pato no matter what, you see the difference in man utd where under mourinhio the shackles were so far on it effectively held them back we're playing hoillet because he tracks back but offers very little going forward yet it doesn't really make a difference yet Murphy who it looks like he is being punished from the spurs game yet others who have made multiple mistakes get away with it week in week out, if we try the same style against arsenal we will get battered
    Didn’t watch the first half of the season. But the second half!? Lucky? Hell yea. We played like shit then to!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Didn’t watch the first half of the season. But the second half!? Lucky? Hell yea. We played like shit then to!
    100% agreed, the second half was a fcking miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that there are managers who could get more out of the current squad. I think that people miss the point. Warnock has no intention of trying to 'play' He lines up in a way that stops it. The players at the club have become worse footballers since his style really took a hold, we play in the most unimaginative and basic way possible. Players can't control the ball, make a pass, support the man on the ball, create chances, no freedom to make runs or leave space. As crazy as this sounds, Warnock has made a lot of these players worse. Warnocks way is short term, he doesn't leave a legacy, he doesn't implement anything that can be carried forward. The next person who walks through the door is going to have to rip it up and start again.
    Exactly, take Leeds as an example been doing piss all the last 10+ years now they have a class manager been playing brilliant football and tip of the table, I don't buy this rubbish everyone in the side simply isn't good enough and people making the claim klopp or pep couldn't do it with lesser teams is laughable you only need to look at where Dortmund was before klopp took over there

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Exactly, take Leeds as an example been doing piss all the last 10+ years now they have a class manager been playing brilliant football and tip of the table, I don't buy this rubbish everyone in the side simply isn't good enough and people making the claim klopp or pep couldn't do it with lesser teams is laughable you only need to look at where Dortmund was before klopp took over there
    Or Man Utd 😂 And how the **** did Molde beat Ajax, Sevilla, Celtic. Fenerbache and so on.
    Nah. It’s all down to luck! Pep could never replicate what Sir Neil has done!

In all of the years reading this messageboard, this is the craziest suggestion I've seen. Warnock is possibly the best manager we've had in my lifetime and has taken us from dissaray to a squad that is easily capable of challenging for automatic promotion again next year (if we go down). Wasn't that the aim at the beginning of the season? We were going to build a squad of players that would strengthen us if we were likely going to be relegated.