+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50m spent in 12 months

Re: 50m spent in 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I hope that's true. I still feel that if we had Pogba and De Bruyne in midfield Warnock would be telling our defence to whack it 60 yards up field.
    I don't. Warnock has had teams that have played really good football but you have to have the players to do that. We don't but he is trying to change things as quickly as anyone could given the resources made available to him. I don't think anyone would view Reid or Murphy as negative purchases aimed at an attritional style, or Camarasa, yet this doesn't fit the story that some 'fans' on here want to pedal.

Im not negative. The posts on here are.
    They have got us relegated. Talking about next season. Get it muppet

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It was such a shame we didn't get promoted under DJ I think we would've done ok had we gone up. Scimeca was one of the finest midfielders I'd ever seen we had but he really had a shit deal with injuries as he was a lot better than what his final career showed
    Agreed. We just had a soft underbelly and rolled over when things got difficult in the Championship. It happened season after season. Jones was sadly oblivious to it. There were so many good times back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I don't. Warnock has had teams that have played really good football but you have to have the players to do that. We don't but he is trying to change things as quickly as anyone could given the resources made available to him. I don't think anyone would view Reid or Murphy as negative purchases aimed at an attritional style, or Camarasa, yet this doesn't fit the story that some 'fans' on here want to pedal.
    Reid or Murphy? Haha. He doesn’t even play them ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Not you J R Hartley calling people muppets
    Muppet

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Reid or Murphy? Haha. He doesn’t even play them ffs.
    and why do you think that is?

Trying to think of Warnock teams playing really good football at the moment.....

We got promoted last season with 1 striker and little else up front. It needed strengthening. Despite that, it needs further strengthening with a couple of strikers that we needed last bloody August. We also need footballers in the middle of the park. We fell lucky with a couple of loan signings at the end of the August window.

Either that his signings aren't good enough or that his tactics don't suit his signings.

He’s been here 3 seasons if we dont have players who can play football, with the money he’s spent, then that’s all on him.

Muppet na na nah nah

You tell me? He paid 21m to ****ing sign them?!??

Or are you going to blindly excuse him for that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It was such a shame we didn't get promoted under DJ I think we would've done ok had we gone up. Scimeca was one of the finest midfielders I'd ever seen we had but he really had a shit deal with injuries as he was a lot better than what his final career showed
    Question Jamie. Listening to Blakey’s earlier. He was talking about City and it’s playing identity. He identified it as crafters, miners and factory workers. Straight line and putting a shift in. What do you think the playing identity of Cardiff is? Not rhetorical, as I don’t have a clue..

JR HARTLEY
    6225 posts you need to get a life mate

Trying to think of Warnock teams playing really good football at the moment.....

Me too. Could be here all night and I’m out of bottles so fot that reason, im out.

You're really loving this aren't you? You don't half spout some rubbish but that is pretty good even by your standards. After every loss it's like someone's given you speed the amount of bile you manage to get onto this messageboard.

We'd all love to be playing like a top team, and at some stage we'll have to change the way we play if we are really going to compete, but right now we're trying to improve the quality of players we have available to be able to implement a better playing style. This takes time - regardless of how much you or anyone else whinges that they want it to be otherwise.
    Why is he loving it?

Who said that we'd all love to be playing like a 'top team'?

How do you know that Warnock will change his style with better quality players?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    JR HARTLEY
    6225 posts you need to get a life mate
    Don’t be upset Kermit

Either that his signings aren't good enough or that his tactics don't suit his signings.
    It's the first. We are going to be shopping in the 'hope/shows promise' shops for a while yet even if we stay up. Both players are learning a lot this year and are having to bulk up to try and make an impression. I have reasonable hope that both of them will yet turn into good players but they represent the reality of what we could purchase over the Summer - either young players with promise or old pros with no sell-on value.

I'm pleased we've gone for the former generally but Sala represents the other end of the spectrum - 'hope'. He's just as much a gamble as the others and the efforts we've had to go to in recruiting him shows the problems we have to work through in the next few years.

You only have to look at Huddersfield and Fulham to see that playing the 'right way' guarantees nothing either.

The club is doing its best - it will get things wrong and we'll most likely go down this season - but this season has been bloody brilliant in terms of support and some superb moments. It's just this board that is dominated by depressives who seem to take real delight in our failure.

Get back to your book. Good night xxxx

It's the first. We are going to be shopping in the 'hope/shows promise' shops for a while yet even if we stay up. Both players are learning a lot this year and are having to bulk up to try and make an impression. I have reasonable hope that both of them will yet turn into good players but they represent the reality of what we could purchase over the Summer - either young players with promise or old pros with no sell-on value.

I'm pleased we've gone for the former generally but Sala represents the other end of the spectrum - 'hope'. He's just as much a gamble as the others and the efforts we've had to go to in recruiting him shows the problems we have to work through in the next few years.

You only have to look at Huddersfield and Fulham to see that playing the 'right way' guarantees nothing either.

The club is doing its best - it will get things wrong and we'll most likely go down this season - but this season has been bloody brilliant in terms of support and some superb moments. It's just this board that is dominated by depressives who seem to take real delight in our failure.
    Nobody is taking delight in our failure. It's what always happens in situations like this. Lots of questions, issues raised, it's a bit like an emergency meeting where people try and work out what's going wrong.

Bulk up

I’ve heard some excuses but this is by far the best.

We are playing in an era where the game has practically become a non contact sport and you think the issue is they are not big or strong enough.

Never mind speed or technical ability they are not John Fashanu.

You are Neil Warnock in disguise, and I claim my 5 pounds.

They haven’t shrunk since last season so if it’s size and strength NW was after then maybe he shouldn’t have wasted 21m signing them.

Nobody is taking delight in our failure. It's what always happens in situations like this. Lots of questions, issues raised, it's a bit like an emergency meeting where people try and work out what's going wrong.
    Sorry ETHB but there is a great deal of delight being taken by some on here who seem to feel it somehow makes them more knowledgeable. Questions and debate are fine. That's not what's happening here. The addition of our new 'ex-International' expert just adds to the misery.

Sorry ETHB but there is a great deal of delight being taken by some on here who seem to feel it somehow makes them more knowledgeable. Questions and debate are fine. That's not what's happening here. The addition of our new 'ex-International' expert just adds to the misery.
    Why don’t you start your own forum if you don’t like it that people dont agree with your opinion

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;4943271]Nobody is taking delight in our failure. It's what always happens in situations like this. Lots of questions, issues raised, it's a bit like an emergency meeting where people try and work out what's going wrong.[/QUOTE
    We have signed 2 new players in a matter of days
    Probably more to come. Players heading for the exit door. Questions will be answered by 31/7.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bulk up

I’ve heard some excuses but this is by far the best.

We are playing in an era where the game has practically become a non contact sport and you think the issue is they are not big or strong enough.

Never mind speed or technical ability they are not John Fashanu.

You are Neil Warnock in disguise, and I claim my 5 pounds.

They haven’t shrunk since last season so if it’s size and strength NW was after then maybe he shouldn’t have wasted 21m signing them.
    It seems clear to me they are lightweight and being bullied out of matches. NW has said himself they are working hard in the gym to bulk up but perhaps he's lying? You see things differently. Doesn't make either of us right.

I think you make some reasonable points in many posts but you are so desperate to be right that it's impossible to have a debate with you as you see everything as black and white. Football isn't as simple as you make it out to be.

Nobody is taking delight in our failure, that would be like me assuming that you're to defensive of Warnock and the club, we just have different opinions on how football should be played and how tactics should be implemented, it's as simple as that. Without the critical posters this place wouldn't spurn any debate after a game, which sort of defeats the whole point of being a football fan. I'll say this for Hartley, he may not suffer fools and sometimes come across as being a bit curt, but by my reckoning he's one of the few on here who you can debate football with. I've disagreed with him plenty of times as he has with me, but his football stuff is thought out and does provoke thought. I can't understand why people get wound up by him.