+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50m spent in 12 months

50m spent in 12 months

And at the end of the season we will have 1 central midfielder under contract.

Shocking.

Re: 50m spent in 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And at the end of the season we will have 1 central midfielder under contract.

Shocking.
    It will be around £65 million now with the addition of Sala.

For the people saying Warnock is struggling by in the Premier League with a lot of the team that were 21st in the Championship when he took over they've surely got to ask why after spending so much.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

For the people saying Warnock is struggling by in the Premier League with a lot of the team that were 21st in the Championship when he took over they've surely got to ask why after spending so much.
    Perhaps we should at least let our new signing play a game first?

I included Sala to be fair.

This 21st in the championship doesn’t wash with me.

We were an established top half / promotion chasing championship side for best part of a decade.

It’s was fairly early in season and we were not going to go down, the squad was too good.

We were going down mate
    Neil saved us.Murphy and Reid cost peanuts in terms of the premier league.They are both young and could yet make the grade.
    The 2 latest signings are a sign we are moving up a notch.

I don't think anyone can argue that Warnock has spent well since being here. It's the idea that he's also made the players worse that I'm pushing back against.

We were an established top half / promotion chasing championship side for best part of a decade.

It’s was fairly early in season and we were not going to go down, the squad was too good.
    We had 8 points from 11 matches when Trollope was sacked. Blackburn were relegated that season with 51 points.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We had 8 points from 11 matches when Trollope was sacked. Blackburn were relegated that season with 51 points.
    We were bad to be fair.

I left that away end at Burton and didn't stop shaking my head and swearing under my breath until I reached the pub.
    I think the grumbling continued into the night.

50 mill isnt alot in the prem though

it could buy you maybe 1/2 of a Raheem Sterling

people were calling for the club not to buy anyone and struggle on with the players we had ( which was silly imho ) in the knowledge that the club would have made a chunk of money

OLe’s last home game I was literally back home in Abertillery and the game was still playing.
    Fans forget how bad things got under Ole Slade and Trollope

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    50 mill isnt alot in the prem though

it could buy you maybe 1/2 of a Raheem Sterling

people were calling for the club not to buy anyone and struggle on with the players we had ( which was silly imho ) in the knowledge that the club would have made a chunk of money
    Read the OP again. We could be back in the championship having spent 50m and only have 1 central midfielder, not a very good one, who come through the ranks.

The money has not been spent well.

I read it.Could have should have and If

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I read it.Could have should have and If
    I wasn’t taking to you. Muppet.

Read the OP again. We could be back in the championship having spent 50m and only have 1 central midfielder, not a very good one, who come through the ranks.

we could be, we could have spent 100 mill and be in the same position, imho i would prefer to spend and have a real bash at staying up

This Sala just could be the missing piece, or maybe midfielder, its not my money its Vinnies, we are into him for far more than we could ever pay or even be worth if he sold us, I am just enjoying the ride

The worry for me is not relegation but the next season. For all the money weve spent Joe Ralls will be the only recognised CM at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The worry for me is not relegation but the next season. For all the money weve spent Joe Ralls will be the only recognised CM at the club.
    Yep, that’s my point. Shocking.

You're really loving this aren't you? You don't half spout some rubbish but that is pretty good even by your standards. After every loss it's like someone's given you speed the amount of bile you manage to get onto this messageboard.

We'd all love to be playing like a top team, and at some stage we'll have to change the way we play if we are really going to compete, but right now we're trying to improve the quality of players we have available to be able to implement a better playing style. This takes time - regardless of how much you or anyone else whinges that they want it to be otherwise.

Your a ****ing prick mate. This is a football messageboard. We've all got our views

Agreed.

What is it about centre midfield that we've never really got right? I reckon that Scimeca and McPhail was arguably our best centre midfield partnership in recent times. We've never had someone as comfortable on the ball and with as keen an eye for a pass as McPhail in over a decade. Saying that, we've never really had a front two like Bothroyd and Chopra either.

We always seem to prefer grafters in the middle instead of footballers. I recall lengthy debates with Sludge back in the day over his idol Willie Boland.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    right now we're trying to improve the quality of players we have available to be able to implement a better playing style.
    I hope that's true. I still feel that if we had Pogba and De Bruyne in midfield Warnock would be telling our defence to whack it 60 yards up field.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Your a ****ing prick mate. This is a football messageboard. We've all got our views
    I pride on IT! Your views suck! Like 95% of City fans.. One word. “Ambition”..

Not you J R Hartley calling people muppets

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You're really loving this aren't you? You don't half spout some rubbish but that is pretty good even by your standards. After every loss it's like someone's given you speed the amount of bile you manage to get onto this messageboard.

We'd all love to be playing like a top team, and at some stage we'll have to change the way we play if we are really going to compete, but right now we're trying to improve the quality of players we have available to be able to implement a better playing style. This takes time - regardless of how much you or anyone else whinges that they want it to be otherwise.
    Yeah I’m loving watching a pile of shit. Loving it.

I’m not asking to play like Man City but it’s utterly embarrassing we can’t string 3 passes together.

You keep burying your head in the sand though Mr Ostrich

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed.

What is it about centre midfield that we've never really got right? I reckon that Scimeca and McPhail was arguably our best centre midfield partnership in recent times. We've never had someone as comfortable on the ball and with as keen an eye for a pass as McPhail in over a decade. Saying that, we've never really had a front two like Bothroyd and Chopra either.

We always seem to prefer grafters in the middle instead of footballers. I recall lengthy debates with Sludge back in the day over his idol Willie Boland.
    It was such a shame we didn't get promoted under DJ I think we would've done ok had we gone up. Scimeca was one of the finest midfielders I'd ever seen we had but he really had a shit deal with injuries as he was a lot better than what his final career showed

I wasn’t taking to you. Muppet.
    J R Hartley it seems that you are the muppet. Another negative idiot, we have enough of those about without you posting absolute shite all the time, they need you over in Swansea, you must either be a Jack or are just plain stupid!