+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff’s miserable 2019 continues – things need to change, and quickly.

Cardiff’s miserable 2019 continues – things need to change, and quickly.

Re: Cardiff’s miserable 2019 continues – things need to change, and quickly.

The worrying thing about this piece is the reference to the possibility of Bournemouth getting Arter back. Where did that come from? An enjoyable read, reflecting the views of many fans, nevertheless.

I watched the whole of the game yesterday with a group of friends. The stream was very good quality, unlike City's performance.

In his interview after the game, Neil Warnock said: "I thought there were a lot of positives today. We looked a half-decent side."

I appreciate it's occasionally a manager's job to try to put a positive spin on a poor result, but Warnock actually sounds delusional. For the most part, City were abysmal, and considering Newcastle's home record, that should be a huge concern for him and his staff. The team creates so little it's embarrassing.

A quick word about Camarasa - I thought he was very poor yesterday. Some City fans rave about this guy, but I just can't see what the fuss is about based on the evidence of the games I've watched him play. He obviously has some ability, but he doesn't look a stand-out player by Premier League standards. His goal at Leicester was a superb piece of skill and he put in one decent off-target strike from distance yesterday, but apart from that I've seen nothing from him to justify the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I watched the whole of the game yesterday with a group of friends. The stream was very good quality, unlike City's performance.

In his interview after the game, Neil Warnock said: "I thought there were a lot of positives today. We looked a half-decent side."

I appreciate it's occasionally a manager's job to try to put a positive spin on a poor result, but Warnock actually sounds delusional. For the most part, City were abysmal, and considering Newcastle's home record, that should be a huge concern for him and his staff. The team creates so little it's embarrassing.

A quick word about Camarasa - I thought he was very poor yesterday. Some City fans rave about this guy, but I just can't see what the fuss is about based on the evidence of the games I've watched him play. He obviously has some ability, but he doesn't look a stand-out player by Premier League standards. His goal at Leicester was a superb piece of skill and he put in one decent off-target strike from distance yesterday, but apart from that I've seen nothing from him to justify the hype.
    I think Camarasa is playing with an injury at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think Camarasa is playing with an injury at the moment.
    Perhaps, but to be honest I haven't seen anything from him before yesterday's game to suggest that he's anything special. My guess is that he's perceived by many City fans to be better than he actually is because he's surrounded by team-mates who are seriously limited by Premier League standards such as Ralls and Gunnarsson.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps, but to be honest I haven't seen anything from him before yesterday's game to suggest that he's anything special. My guess is that he's perceived by many City fans to be better than he actually is because he's surrounded by team-mates who are seriously limited by Premier League standards such as Ralls and Gunnarsson.
    I go along with this. If he was as special a player as some suggest, he wouldn't be miles down the pecking order at a La Liga side and out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I go along with this. If he was as special a player as some suggest, he wouldn't be miles down the pecking order at a La Liga side and out on loan.
    As mentioned above, I wonder how fit Camarasa is at the moment. While I can the logic behind the thinking that says he is as popular as he is with City fans because he's the only "proper" footballer in our midfield, I'd also say that the pressure to produce something special all of the time becomes greater if there is a perception that he is the only one capable of doing such things. I thought Camarasa stood out as one of the best players on the pitch in our games at Palace and Leicester over Christmas and it was only a few weeks ago that there were stories about other Premier League sides trying to sign him. Camarasa is not the problem for me, it's a style of play which, at the moment, has nothing whatsoever to commend it, we won't improve by having our one gifted footballer in the middle of the park carrying the whole team, we need others to dramatically up their game and the team and manager to accept that playing the sort of alehouse football we've seen in our last three league matches will see us relegated well before the end of the season.

Earlier in the season Camarasa was our stand out player. However, other teams have realised that he is the one player who makes the team tick. As a consequence Camarasa is heavily marked. The mediocrity around him enables other teams to play this way. Against Huddersfield for example there were two players - sometimes three - marking him out of the game.

And he gets caught on the ball because he has no movement in front of him with Paterson trying his best to be a centre forward and our 2 wide men playing as extra full backs !

We are so short of quality all over the pitch is it any wonder our 1 player with any quality is being dragged down to their level.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    And he gets caught on the ball because he has no movement in front of him with Paterson trying his best to be a centre forward and our 2 wide men playing as extra full backs !
    This, I'm not saying he's world class but the last few games I've noticed teams are getting a couple of players around him now as no body moves for them to receive a pass he then needs to take a few more touches that he just doesn't have then he's under pressure and either losses the ball or is forced to make a poor pass, we spend to much time worrying what the opposition is doing and not focusing in what we should be doing this man marking malarkey all over the pitch is nonsense Warnock needs to throw his 18th century tactics in the bin