Thread: Niasse yesterday

Niasse yesterday

How did he do?

Re: Niasse yesterday

Not much he could do tbf I won't judge him on yesterday's performance

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    How did he do?
    He had a few touches which hinted at him having a bit more ability on the ball than some of the Everton fans suggested, but it was difficult to form any opinion in terms of his attacking qualities as the service to him was non-existent. I've no idea what role Paterson was supposed to be playing, but it certainly didn't work.

Nothing really to say about him so far other than the boy is quick. I think he played about an hour.

It would be unfair to judge him until he's three or four matches in, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He had a few touches which hinted at him having a bit more ability on the ball than some of the Everton fans suggested, but it was difficult to form any opinion in terms of his attacking qualities as the service to him was non-existent. I've no idea what role Paterson was supposed to be playing, but it certainly didn't work.
    Run around and we'll try and kick the ball to your head and hope for the best?

How did he do?
    Not as goid as Bobby Reid when he came on which begs the question....why leave Reid on the bench for most of the match? Morrison's prescence was clearly missing and we lacked a leader on the pitch. Midfield was woeful. Niasse doesn't have the physique to mix it with the big boys and was easily kept off the ball for Newcastle's first. He should have been on the bench and not a starter. Everton will be glad they got rid. Niasse may get a few, but, on yesterday's performance he is Gary markII. I do hope i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Not as goid as Bobby Reid when he came on which begs the question....why leave Reid on the bench for most of the match? Morrison's prescence was clearly missing and we lacked a leader on the pitch. Midfield was woeful. Niasse doesn't have the physique to mix it with the big boys and was easily kept off the ball for Newcastle's first. He should have been on the bench and not a starter. Everton will be glad they got rid. Niasse may get a few, but, on yesterday's performance he is Gary markII. I do hope i'm wrong.
    Unfair. He was thrown into the starting line-up having played very little football in a long, long time. He didn't know the other players, neither would he have been used to the style of play.

Welcome to Cardiff City world Oumar. Written off already. Nothing like a snap judgement is there.

He is not a target man in any sense.

I suspect he was put on to try to feed off Paterson flick ons and knock downs but they were few and far between.

If we play him up top with Sala and actually try to attack rather than play hoof ball we might have a chance.
    I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I'm hoping having Niasse and Sala on the pitch at the same time will be the missing piece.

One of them to link play from Camarasa and the wingers and create chances.

I'm probably hoping for too much.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    He is not a target man in any sense.

I suspect he was put on to try to feed off Paterson flick ons and knock downs but they were few and far between.

If we play him up top with Sala and actually try to attack rather than play hoof ball we might have a chance.
    I wouldn't hold my breath though.
    Reid and Sala might do the trick, linking up with Gunnars/Arter/Camarasa. Anything that is more creative, intensive, attack minded and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Unfair. He was thrown into the starting line-up having played very little football in a long, long time. He didn't know the other players, neither would he have been used to the style of play.
    Unfair of NW to put him straight in the team ahead of Bobby Reid. Niasse on the bench, observing our "style of play", bring him on for the last 10/15 mins if needed.....would have been a better strategy. Niasse is a wanderer though and gets out of position too often.Hopefully I'll be proved wrong and he finds himself in a position to score a few. Just over 4 months and the season is over. Let's see what Sala has to offer.

Not as goid as Bobby Reid when he came on which begs the question....why leave Reid on the bench for most of the match?............................... Midfield was woeful. Niasse doesn't have the physique to mix it with the big boys and was easily kept off the ball for Newcastle's first. He should have been on the bench and not a starter. ...............
    And you think Reid has the physique "to mix it with the big boys".

[QUOTE=IanD;4943400]Unfair of NW to put him straight in the team ahead of Bobby Reid. Niasse on the bench, observing our "style of play", bring him on for the last 10/15 mins if needed.....would have been a better strategy. Niasse is a wanderer though and gets out of position too often.Hopefully I'll be proved wrong and he finds himself in a position to score a few. Just over 4 months and the season is over. Let's see what Sala has to offer.[/QUOTE

I’m sure you must have been one of those irritating loudmouths that have sat behind me at numerous games in the past. There is nothing in your posts in this thread that suggests you know anything about the game

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Not the way we play no but he likes to run beyond the defence in space, I'm sure he was the only one yesterday who actually took the ball down from a hoof ball then hoillet took it and instead of passing back to Reid who actually made sure to go in to space to support him he decided to run down a blind alley against 2 players and guess what he lost the ball

How did he do?
    I only saw the briefest of highlights but I was alarmed that number 29 just let Schar run past him for the goal and then hardly covered himself in glory for the second goal.

I had to look it up and number 29 was Niasse.

Warnock will expect much more of him than that defensively, but he hasn’t played much football so we should give him a break.

Not a great start though. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I only saw the briefest of highlights but I was alarmed that number 29 just let Schar run past him for the goal and then hardly covered himself in glory for the second goal.

I had to look it up and number 29 was Niasse.

Warnock will expect much more of him than that defensively, but he hasn’t played much football so we should give him a break.

Not a great start though. :-(
    He tracked Schar all the way to our box but couldn't get close enough to put in a challenge without fouling him, it was the defence standing off that led to that goal, you can't criticise a striker who's not played for god knows how long for allowing their centre half to pass the ball into the net form the edge of the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    He tracked Schar all the way to our box but couldn't get close enough to put in a challenge without fouling him, it was the defence standing off that led to that goal, you can't criticise a striker who's not played for god knows how long for allowing their centre half to pass the ball into the net form the edge of the box!
    If Niasse had been able to get a tackle in before the Newcastle player wandered through our open defence and scored, we would not have had the pleasure of a match report describing his effort as having 'all the urgency of a second class stamp'!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...stamp-15704495

I agree Naisse was working hard to try to get to him but it was difficult as he was behind the player and couldn’t get round him. I was more concerned that Hoilett put down the red carpet when he reached the box and showed him inside.

Er, I can!

Can you imagine what Roy Keane or some other pro would have done??!!

Bring him down before he gets near the box.

Naive comment of the day award.

Quite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I've seen enough to suggest physically Reid can be intimidated, however he is skilful and quick ,didn't he lay that ball back very neatly for Camarasa's goal against Leicester,perhaps he's not playing in the right position.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I'm hoping having Niasse and Sala on the pitch at the same time will be the missing piece.

It's our only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've seen enough to suggest physically Reid can be intimidated, however he is skilful and quick ,didn't he lay that ball back very neatly for Camarasa's goal against Leicester,perhaps he's not playing in the right position.
    For all Reid’s skill he needs to get in the gym and hit the roids to get a physique nearer Paterson. He just gets bounced off the ball everytime. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

This what we're crying out for.