+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Brooks- another man of the match performance yesterday. What would have happened had he come here?

David Brooks- another man of the match performance yesterday. What would have happened had he come here?

I remember warnock saying Bournemouth just beat us to him. However i believe he cost them less than Reid or Murphy cost us. About the same anyway. Hes certainly played more than those 2 and scored and created more also.

So had he come here do you think he would have made a difference to us, or more likely hed either be sat on the bench watching hoilet and paterson play in front of him, or playing but looking out of his depth?

A few of us said when brooks chose Bournemouth it was a better move for Wales- its hard to argue any differently now really.

Re: David Brooks- another man of the match performance yesterday. What would have happened had he come here?

The fee was £11.5 million apparently. That looks a bargain now.

Re: David Brooks- another man of the match performance yesterday. What would have happened had he come here?

Same as Clyne as well.
    Why would he pass up the opportunity to play for an outstanding young manager, playing good football for us?

I don’t think he would get the freedom to play as well as he is at Bournemouth. We are in a struggle and I suspect would end up on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The fee was £11.5 million apparently. That looks a bargain now.
    Yes was watching him this morning and thinking what a player he looks.

However i do have this feeling if he came here he would either not play or look poor. Not a criticism of brooks at all.

You mentioned camerasa in another thread. You maybe right but it would be interesting to see him playing for.say Bournemouth and see if there's any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I don’t think he would get the freedom to play as well as he is at Bournemouth. We are in a struggle and I suspect would end up on the bench
    I think you might well be right, he would be perceived as not fulfilling his defensive responsibilities well enough.

He'd have gone backwards and struggled because he doesn't defend well enough! Then again, with Peltier and Bennett at full back he would be needed to track back more than go forward.

Regardless of style Bournouth have a better squad, far more able to give Brooks time on the ball and a solid base to be on top in some matches. We don't have that. Having said that I'm sure he would have had a positive impact as he's one of these players capable of driving forward with the ball and making things happen. Kind of what we desperately need.