+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would we have taken 3rd from bottom with 3 points from the 4 sides above us at the start...

Would we have taken 3rd from bottom with 3 points from the 4 sides above us at the start...

of the season in January ..I would have

Re: Would we have taken 3rd from bottom with 3 points from the 4 sides above us at the start...

We’re still the mix. Our recent form has been a bit alarming but I presume the other teams didn’t get down there by playing well every week. Too early to throw in the towel, particularly with new players coming in.

Re: Would we have taken 3rd from bottom with 3 points from the 4 sides above us at the start...

As long as we are 17th or better after 38 games I don't really care about the position now.

We have been poor recently, but this squad is capable of better and have played better - even before any new signings settle in.

Despite the recent dip in form we are still in the mix, and not adrift like the two teams below.

It's the hope that kills you!

Good simple question , my simple answer (yes)

yes we are still in a very strong position

Yes.

The frustration is that we could have been in a stronger position.

yes of course we would have, lets not forget we were by far favs to go down

If we get a creative midfielder and a right back and I think we'll stay up

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    yes of course we would have, lets not forget we were by far favs to go down
    And let's not forget the high priestesses also cast his holy premenision of relegation upon us, lord Claridge is one we should bow and listen too ,let's be wary of that offering of knowledge.

i) We're in touching distance
    ii) We're about 5-6 points off where I'd ideally have us at this stage of the season.

Certainly not time to lose our minds just yet but we need to kick away from this bad form soon.

We were 150/1 to not win a game all season

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    of the season in January ..I would have
    Utterly irrelevant.

Would you have taken 3rd from bottom at this point 8 games ago when we were 4 points clear of the relegation places after beating Southampton?

These things change over the course of the season.

The next 10 days are huge

We've done something about the striker situation but we desperately need a right back

A CM too ideally

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    The next 10 days are huge

We've done something about the striker situation but we desperately need a right back

A CM too ideally
    I'd say a CM first of all. Ralls and Gunnarsson aren't up to this level. If Camarasa is to develop and show what he might be made of he needs a top quality CM alongside him, plus better tactics from the manager instead of hoofball.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    We’re still the mix. Our recent form has been a bit alarming but I presume the other teams didn’t get down there by playing well every week. Too early to throw in the towel, particularly with new players coming in.
    Perfectly put.