+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To all the woe us me :

Re: To all the woe us me :

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Not good enough though is it
    No in fact ( in my humble view,and to avoid upsetting the experts ) we should have beaten Huddersfield away and Burnley at home that would give us 4 more points than we have now

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Curses! I've been rumbled

I am of course speaking metaphorically... but then I'm sure you knew that.

There is much negativity spoken but not many solutions to what is a very complex problem.

There will be more twists to the story and I prefer chirpy rather than defeatist.

There is some middle ground between chirpy and defeatist - realist.

We been genuinely woeful for the last two games and to say otherwise is deluded. Blame aside, something has to change, be it tactics, personnel, training. I'll always cheer the team on at the ground but this is a forum where we exchange views and opinions and slating someone for expressing concern over our recent bad performances seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Not good enough though is it
    Maybe next time eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    The trenches line always gets used when we look like we are in trouble.
    The atmosphere inside the ground has been positive all season and thats all we can do. If we moan about poor tactics and selections online, it will have no bearing on the results.
    I disagree that peoples' opinions online don't have any bearing on performances.

The media tap into the online stuff and public opinion matters to everyone at the club. Everybody is online these days, some still even read newspapers.
    Uncomfortable questions are often posed by journos based on public opinion and it becomes very wearing reading and fielding negative stuff.

Most, but not everybody, at the stadium is behind the team and manager, including no doubt a few posters on here.
    I do find some of Neil's tactical decisions baffling at times and many opinions on here have been justifiably frank but some posts are just destructive.

We all know we are failing but there are many reasons behind this. People really need to manage their expectations better.

One tries to be an optimist but can see us getting to the stage that Wagner and Hudds found themselves in.
    However, if our new boys can hit the ground running, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In our last three games we've looked the worst team in the Premier League by a distance, but for most of the first half of the season we had something about us which meant that we weren't. Given that we have the weakest squad on paper and we never play what I would call impressive, technical football, it's hard to define what it was that ensured that we went into the New Year fairly confident we could survive, but my best attempt to describe it would be that our team spirit and general doggedness was carrying us through.

However, even when we were doing better than we are now, we were only truly competitive and close to getting something out of the game in one of our encounters with the "top six" (Arsenal) and I'm afraid our performances against Huddersfield and Newcastle were akin to watching us play one of those elite teams - we may have got a point against the former, but it was only a combination of Huddersfield's inadequacies and their bad luck which meant we didn't lose.

I don't like Neil Warnock's brand of football and never will do, but I do enjoy what it brings us at times. However, for that sort of game to be successful, I've always thought it has to be played well, especially at Premier League level. When "the Warnock way" is played poorly though, it has nothing whatsoever to commend it and is easy for teams at this level to cope with because there is nothing else we can fall back on. I know keeping possession of the ball is not a high priority with us, but any team needs some basic ability in that department and in our last two matches we've not shown anywhere near the necessary skill level in that department - I've just watched the first minute of the Newcastle match again and it's so revealing how often we give the ball back to our opponents with a poor pass or a mishit clearance during that time.
    Until the last few games we looked a lot 'neater' in our play. Still based on the principles of less, but more effective possession, but losing our discipline in defence, and sloppiness in our albeit limited passing ability.

We've got weaker, those around us are improving. Extrapolate that and the end result is certain relegation. If we had squeezed a win against Huddersfield however badly we played, then we would have a fighting chance. We've got to the stage now where games are running out and you're looking at taking points off sides in the top half of the table. That's some ask, even with a few new signings..

If we’re going to pigeon-hole people can we at least assign them to a brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don’t even know what you’re talking about, to be honest. You’ve lost me, which is almost certainly a good thing, for me at least.
    I’m not surprised.