+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all the woe us me :

To all the woe us me :

We have beaten decent sides this year in : Wolves,Saints,Brighton ,Leicester.

Came close with results at Spurs, Palace.

Newcastle at home we nearly won. .

Only just lost at Everton

Competed with Liverpool for 70 mins.

Took Gunners to the wire at home .

Robbed by Burnely at home.

Probaly should have beaten Huddersfield home and away ,but didn't lose.

Done better than expected

Re: To all the woe us me :

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

If the Palace game had been a boxing match then we'd have lost every round, thankfully, football isn't boxing although Kadeem Harris almost gave us that 'punchers chance' when he came close at the end.

Let's concentrate on the wins. During those games we played a little higher and pressed more against teams where we had a chance to get something out of the game. Nobody expects us to be able to do that against any of the top ten teams but below that we should be more adventurous and take the game to the opposition. Someone said to me earlier that the Spurs and United games could've taken more out of us if you consider how we were beaten. I'd say that there's a bit of truth in that as the last two games against Huddersfield and Newcastle have been dreadful. There seems to be a massive lack of confidence and belief, the players look scared to try anything, nobody wants to take responsibility, we were walked over yesterday against a poor side in Newcastle, we didn't even make the game competitive, that's the biggest worry. So, people can just keep saying that it's the 'Premier league' it's a 'Miracle we're here' 'What did people expect' etc, that's fine, and i get it, they're protecting the team, but when you stop competing as we did yesterday and when nobody on the pitch wants to take responsibility in order to try and win the game (Huddersfield) then there are big problems.

Every one of us new it was going to be difficult, every one of us new that we'd be on the end of some hidings, outclassed and out thought. But the one thing we should all expect is a desire to compete and to try and get something out of the games where we have a chance. We have failed miserably during our last two league games and there was nothing positive to come out of the Spurs and United game, none of us expected a result, just something to take away from those games that maybe made you think that we have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If the Palace game had been a boxing match then we'd have lost every round, thankfully, football isn't boxing although Kadeem Harris almost gave us that 'punchers chance' when he came close at the end.

Let's concentrate on the wins. During those games we played a little higher and pressed more against teams where we had a chance to get something out of the game. Nobody expects us to be able to do that against any of the top ten teams but below that we should be more adventurous and take the game to the opposition. Someone said to me earlier that the Spurs and United games could've taken more out of us if you consider how we were beaten. I'd say that there's a bit of truth in that as the last two games against Huddersfield and Newcastle have been dreadful. There seems to be a massive lack of confidence and belief, the players look scared to try anything, nobody wants to take responsibility, we were walked over yesterday against a poor side in Newcastle, we didn't even make the game competitive, that's the biggest worry. So, people can just keep saying that it's the 'Premier league' it's a 'Miracle we're here' 'What did people expect' etc, that's fine, and i get it, they're protecting the team, but when you stop competing as we did yesterday and when nobody on the pitch wants to take responsibility in order to try and win the game (Huddersfield) then there are big problems.

Every one of us new it was going to be difficult, every one of us new that we'd be on the end of some hidings, outclassed and out thought. But the one thing we should all expect is a desire to compete and to try and get something out of the games where we have a chance. We have failed miserably during our last two league games and there was nothing positive to come out of the Spurs and United game, none of us expected a result, just something to take away from those games that maybe made you think that we have a chance.
    I do agree but not long ago we showed that commitment with results at Palace and Leicester, I think our problem is the lack of depth on the bench ,failure to secure much needed new recruits in the early part of the transfer window , as we are now 'running on empty' after the big efforts we've made to be where we are now , were still in with a shout ,in the most competitive league in the world with
    a half decent championship side.

I should imagine we also have players not at 100% fitness being pushed back in early after taking knocks .

"Newcastle at home we nearly won." Really? It was only Etheridge's penalty save in the last minute that saved us. As for the Huddersfield home match they outplayed us and it was only the fact they couldn't hit a barn door from 12 paces that we drew. We were unlucky against Burnley in the same way we were lucky in other games.

We are where we are and that is where most of us expected to be at the beginning of the season.

I do agree but not long ago we showed that commitment with results at Palace and Leicester, I think our problem is the lack of depth on the bench ,failure to secure much needed new recruits in the early part of the transfer window , as we are now 'running on empty' after the big efforts we've made to be where we are now , were still in with a shout ,in the most competitive league in the world with
    a half decent championship side.

I should imagine we also have players not at 100% fitness being pushed back in early after taking knocks .
    Going on the last three games, i'd say that there's a problem with confidence and belief, if so then that's a big problem for a squad like ours.

I must've watched different games to you

"Very happy to sign here @cardiffcityfc !! I know the challenge is big but together we will make it 🙌‬
    ‪Impatient to discover the league & the team #BlueBirds ‬" (Sala Instagram post)

This guy Sala believes and I'm sure with a couple of other new faces, the belief will filter back into the squad too and with our Neil at the helm, they will be up for the scrap.
    Yes, we looked poor yesterday and made Newcastle look much better than they are.
    Certain individuals are struggling at this level but we are where we are and need to get on with it.
    There are many reasons why football matches are won and lost but belief in your own and your teammates' ability is vital.

More posts like this and none from those who have already thrown the towel in please... some comments I've read over the last 24 hours from people I would not want to be within a mile of in the trenches.

Sala is a Bluebird

Can someone explain the opening headline please ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

I agree with all you say. The game against Arsenal gave me real hope of staying up, as we passed the ball around really well and created chances. We have rarely played the ball on the deck since.

How we arent fighting for a champions league place is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    "Very happy to sign here @cardiffcityfc !! I know the challenge is big but together we will make it ��‬
    ‪Impatient to discover the league & the team #BlueBirds ‬" (Sala Instagram post)

This guy Sala believes and I'm sure with a couple of other new faces, the belief will filter back into the squad too and with our Neil at the helm, they will be up for the scrap.
    Yes, we looked poor yesterday and made Newcastle look much better than they are.
    Certain individuals are struggling at this level but we are where we are and need to get on with it.
    There are many reasons why football matches are won and lost but belief in your own and your teammates' ability is vital.

More posts like this and none from those who have already thrown the towel in please... some comments I've read over the last 24 hours from people I would not want to be within a mile of in the trenches.

Sala is a Bluebird
    Ah yes, "the trenches". Which NONE of us on here are aquainted with. But where apparently, a chirpy attitude could stop a bullet entering your your forehead and exploding out of the back of your skull. You should read up on WW1. It was a pointless and badly planned exercise which cost the lives of over 15 million people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    "Newcastle at home we nearly won." Really? It was only Etheridge's penalty save in the last minute that saved us. As for the Huddersfield home match they outplayed us and it was only the fact they couldn't hit a barn door from 12 paces that we drew. We were unlucky against Burnley in the same way we were lucky in other games.

We are where we are and that is where most of us expected to be at the beginning of the season.
    we were bossing Newcastle at home until the sending off...then they went defensive and we couldn't cope with that

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    How we arent fighting for a champions league place is beyond me
    Yes, but we played at Wembley and only lost 1-0. And the amazing Manchester teams came to Cardiff and put on quite a display. And to think, we still have Liverpool to come. What a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    we were bossing Newcastle at home until the sending off...then they went defensive and we couldn't cope with that
    How many goals did we score when we were bossing them? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    They still has all the better chances during the game ethridge made an unbelievable save to deny perez

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yes, but we played at Wembley and only lost 1-0. And the amazing Manchester teams came to Cardiff and put on quite a display. And to think, we still have Liverpool to come. What a ride!
    Not to mention expected goals had us down as only a narrow defeat v spurs at home.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I must've watched different games to you
    Everyone is entitled to a view , I'm sure your right .😴

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Its Latin 👍

Everyone is entitled to a view , I'm sure your right .��

looking back at our fixtures think the wolves game was the best in terms of play and result . No doubt our players give there all theres no questioning that but we are light years behind in every respect when it comes to the modern technical stuff that's required in the prem league

I would suggest the top half of the championship is great entertainment this year and dare i suggest just as good as many games in the prem league

hey father dougal did you get to jenner park and take in the cardiff met win against cambrian in the nathamiel MG cup yesterday ? the scenes at the end looked pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    I would suggest the top half of the championship is great entertainment this year and dare i suggest just as good as many games in the prem league
    Great entertainment? Sure. The quality is as good as many games in the Premier League? No chance.

We hear this sort of thing every year, but the way in which good Championship sides invariably struggle in the Premier League shows it's simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ah yes, "the trenches". Which NONE of us on here are aquainted with..."
    Curses! I've been rumbled

I am of course speaking metaphorically... but then I'm sure you knew that.

There is much negativity spoken but not many solutions to what is a very complex problem.

There will be more twists to the story and I prefer chirpy rather than defeatist.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I am of course speaking metaphorically... but then I'm sure you knew that.
    Let's be honest - it's a terrible metaphor, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    For "us" read "is" (I think).
    Shirley you remember Up Pompeii?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Let's be honest - it's a terrible metaphor, isn't it?
    Why am I not surprised you'd say that