+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Centre back pairings for the next 6/7 weeks..

Centre back pairings for the next 6/7 weeks..

Obvious choice is Manga with Bamba, but I'd also consider Connolly or Patterson. Connolly has played their for us and I really think he's been under-used by Warnock. And Patterson ? Excellent in the air, has as good control as most in our side, quick, strong. Also keeps going at 100% for 90+ minutes..

Re: Centre back pairings for the next 6/7 weeks..

Manga and Bamba all day. Bring Coxe in, lets see what he's made of, he can't be any worse than Peltier.

If we manage to bring in a full back, Manga and Bamba. I'd like to think Paterson could provide cover if needed - he's not good enough with the ball on the ground to revert to RB.
    If we don't manage to bring in a full back, I think Neil knows how flawed all our 'real' full-backs are, so will want to put Manga back at RB. Enter Connolly (God help us) or a new signing.

Wasn't impressed with Peltier at RB so certainly wouldn't have any issues to see Connolly back at CB and Manga at RB

This is the premier league we re talking about .
    None of the above are anywhere near the standard required.

I’ve seen “steamrollers” turn quicker than Manga !!!!

We need a centre half and quick

From what I've read morrison can't even train for next 6/7 weeks. If thats true that's him gone for the season really.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    From what I've read morrison can't even train for next 6/7 weeks. If thats true that's him gone for the season really.
    A burst appendix for two days before treatment, he's very lucky to still be with us. I think we will be without him for a long while.

Eric Dier returned for Spurs today after having his appendix out. he's been out for 10 weeks

Juan Cala is available on a free :)

Paterson would be a disaster at centre back, Connolly has only played in one League Cup game in the last year or so. So it has to be Manga and Bamba, even though I think they struggle to play together, Morrison with either Bamba or Manga is the best pairing. But even though he's been criticised recently I think Morrison was badly missed yesterday.