+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are the points going to come from?

Re: Where are the points going to come from?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We need to beat that scum scouse lot , with that result actually stopping them wining the league , if that happens I don't give a flying duck if we plummet to the depths of the conference league ,just want to see their grief and tears after trying so hard but failing.
    I think this is my favourite ever post. Couldn't agree more. Comedy gold!

Two "must do" aways towards the end of the season: Burnley April 13th and Fulham April 27th (subject to TV changes). Two realistic away wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I think this is my favourite ever post. Couldn't agree more. Comedy gold!
    Salah is practising his dives as we speak. I'd like to see a ref with the balls to book him twice and send him off such are his blatant dives.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I we keep "playing it safe" or trying to "keep it tight" until late in the game, we're not going to make it. We need to start taking risks. Having watched the last two games, It's hard to see a win anywhere on that list. Let's hope the new guys gel, let's hope we get the best out out of Camarasa, get some quality balls into the box and see what happens.
    We haven't kept it tight though, that's the bloody problem. We kept it tight vs Palace and Leicester and got 4 points. All our away defeats bar Everton, we've been a goal down early doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I remember taking the piss out of Hartley because he said 6 points from Christmas until the end of the season just before we got 4 in the next 2. Now I’m afraid he might be right
    I said 8 actually and I bet I’ll be closer to the final total than most on that thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    5 wins + 5 draws = 20pts - (39 pts)
    5 wins + 4 draws = 19pts - (38 pts)
    5 wins + 3 draws = 18pts - (37 pts)
    4 wins + 5 draws = 17pts - (36 pts)
    4 wins + 4 draws = 16pts - (35 pts)
    4 wins + 3 draws = 15pts - (34 pts)
    3 wins + 5 draws = 14pts - (33 pts)
    3 wins + 4 draws = 13pts - (32 pts)
    3 wins + 3 draws = 12pts - (31 pts)

It's certainly going to be an interesting couple of months.
    I admire your optimism thinking we will get 31 points minimum

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I admire your optimism thinking we will get 31 points minimum
    I used values that show what is required for us to stay up!

5 wins + 5 draws = 20pts - (39 pts)
    5 wins + 4 draws = 19pts - (38 pts)
    5 wins + 3 draws = 18pts - (37 pts)
    4 wins + 5 draws = 17pts - (36 pts)
    4 wins + 4 draws = 16pts - (35 pts)
    4 wins + 3 draws = 15pts - (34 pts)
    3 wins + 5 draws = 14pts - (33 pts)
    3 wins + 4 draws = 13pts - (32 pts)
    3 wins + 3 draws = 12pts - (31 pts)

It's certainly going to be an interesting couple of months.

That really highlights the 1 point from the last two in HD.....it would seem a lot better with 3 more points

I used values that show what is required for us to stay up!
    We are going to need more than 31 to stay up I’d say.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We are going to need more than 31 to stay up I’d say.
    I included the lower values showing the relation threshold for completeness.

I included the lower values showing the relation threshold for completeness.
    *relegation

The current projected points for 17th place is more than 34, so 35.

At the start of the season, I thought we'd get 34 points but right now we're 6 points behind where I thought we'd be 19/25. Sticking with my pre-season predictions, I think we'll get another 9 points, 2 wins, 3 draws, taking us to 28.

The question from the OP was where are we going to get those points, hence my optimistic response where we'll pick up those points.

I think we'll be nearer 9 than 16 but hope to be proven wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

At the start of the season, I thought we'd get 34 points but right now we're 6 points behind where I thought we'd be 19/25. Sticking with my pre-season predictions, I think we'll get another 9 points, 2 wins, 3 draws, taking us to 28.

The question from the OP was where are we going to get those points, hence my optimistic response where we'll pick up those points.

We are going to have to cause a few upsets if we want to stay up. I don't think we can sit back and wait until we are a goal or two behind any longer, we need to be on the front foot to get those 4/5 wins out of 10 games (Big Six excluded).

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

I still think we will get 34 points 4 wins and 4 draws and we will just cling onto 17th place

We've had some set backs recently, but if there is one person you would want to lead you out of trouble when your back is against the wall it would be Warnock

i just have a feeling he will call it a day at the end of the season and will fight tooth and nail to leave as a Premier league manager

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We haven't kept it tight though, that's the bloody problem. We kept it tight vs Palace and Leicester and got 4 points. All our away defeats bar Everton, we've been a goal down early doors.
    We TRY to keep it tight. But I was thinking more specifically of the Huddersfield game. We should have gone at them with guns blazing.

Last year Brighton survived by beating Manchester United 1-0 on the 4th of May 2018. That Manchester United side finished second in the league and in the FA Cup - not the same side of earlier this year.

Not always easy to see the big wins which will likely prove critical. Hopefully we have a few more Leicester and Palace away and few less Spurs at home. Lots of ups and downs to go for all relegation-threatened sides.

We can get points from all our home games if we play with the type of we did against Wolves. We just have to be “on it” for the remaining 15 games.