+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have his Brexit comments affected moral?

Have his Brexit comments affected moral?

We were so poor v Newcastle, no fight, no spirit which is unlike a Warnock team.
    Bamba has said he disagrees with him and I suspect a number of our other players do, particularly those from abroad.
    Just wondering like.

Re: Have his Brexit comments affected moral?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    We were so poor v Newcastle, no fight, no spirit which is unlike a Warnock team.
    Bamba has said he disagrees with him and I suspect a number of our other players do, particularly those from abroad.
    Just wondering like.
    Crickey let's hope the players don't listen to the fans as well there's a few Brexiteers in Wales .

They were the same against Huddersfield, before he said it.

I think it's more down to his like of ideas. Camarasa looks like he's had enough.

He was talking about brexit, not racism, slavery or what Caroline Street is called.

International

I'm sick of all these people blaming every single problem on Brexit ever since it was first mooted. What on earth did they find to blame all the little owes of everyday life on before the referendum?

Only to the extent that it's possible some in the team may think it's another example of things getting to our manager - his post match comments have become more eccentric lately, but I'd be amazed if Brexit was having any influence whatsoever in the City dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm sick of all these people blaming every single problem on Brexit ever since it was first mooted. What on earth did they find to blame all the little owes of everyday life on before the referendum?
    I was thinking that myself. In a society where it’s becoming more and more fashionable to blame something or someone else, then Brexit is heaven sent.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think it's more down to his like of ideas. Camarasa looks like he's had enough.
    No, he looks like he's giving his all for the team despite being injured

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He was talking about brexit, not racism, slavery or what Caroline Street is called.
    I like this joke. Did a laugh when I read it.

No, but a part of me wonders if this recent lethargy is Warnock's way of getting Tan to spend a few quid on needed transfers. To have seen such a decline in performances is alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No, but a part of me wonders if this recent lethargy is Warnock's way of getting Tan to spend a few quid on needed transfers. To have seen such a decline in performances is alarming.
    Unfortunately from my perspective Warnock has gone down several notches in respect. I suspect one or two of the team may feel the same.
    Hopefully recent poor performances due to tired ness as so much depends on the team, the club, the supporters, being together.

Camarasa looks like he's carrying a injury

If l was earning the money the players are on l wouldn’t give a fig about brexit

He should give all the players a can of Gillette shaving foam and it will soon be water under the bridge.

I shouldn't think the players give a shit about what their 69 year-old, white boss thinks about Brexit.

A few years ago the 60-odd-year-old Malaysian owner thought it would be lucky to play in red shirts. None of them seemed too bothered about that at the time.

Not a chance. These are grown men who can see a manager under pressure. Christ, if these comments are so shocking and disturbing that the pampered millionaires are down beat then I think it is best we let the precious tarts move on, as they won't have the stomach for a relegation battle. My guess is that squad harmony and moral is disrupted by more football-centric factors such as who has the biggest salary, the best goal bonus, the best house, car, wife etc.....

A few years ago the 60-odd-year-old Malaysian owner thought it would be lucky to play in red shirts. None of them seemed too bothered about that at the time.
    Not comparable seeing as none of them identified with the blue shirts of Cardiff City.

I know that if my manager at my work (Im an english teacher in a foreign country) casually expressed distain for all foreign countries (read it as you will, that’s what he said) I would lose at least some respect for that person. I think most people on this board would feel similarly given the same circumstances.

Now, whether that translates to it having an adverse effect on their performances is difficult to tell. That said, it certainly isn’t going to do anything positive and when a side like ours , who depend on their aggression and desire, lose even a fraction of that intensity, we’re fukt.

The guts we showed to beat the sides we have beaten comes from a togetherness that he undoubtedly compromised by saying thick shit in his press conference.

People might read this as agenda-driven but it also happens to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Just wondering like.
    What nonsense.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    What nonsense.

StT.
    <><
    Why is it nonsense? I’ve worked abroad for a few years and would lose a bit of respect for my boss if he’d said something like that.

I don’t think it would affect my work though, and I doubt it would affect the players in that respect either.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why is it nonsense? I’ve worked abroad for a few years and would lose a bit of respect for my boss if he’d said something like that.

I don’t think it would affect my work though, and I doubt it would affect the players in that respect either.
    You’ve worked abroad for a few yrs? You should have told us 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

They are professional sportsmen who get paid to play a game. I was in a profession where I disagreed with my superiors over their political views from time to time but I don't think the users of my services would take kindly to my sub standard performances if I was having a strop after my boss had said something I didn't agree with.

StT.
    <><

They are professional sportsmen who get paid to play a game. I was in a profession where I disagreed with my superiors over their political views from time to time but I don't think the users of my services would take kindly to my sub standard performances if I was having a strop after my boss had said something I didn't agree with.

StT.
    <><
    So not nonsense then?

StT.
    <><
    Surely we've seen with Chelsea and Man Utd over the past few years that if professional sportsmen don't like the manager then they'll ease off, no matter how much they're being paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Not comparable seeing as none of them identified with the blue shirts of Cardiff City.
    Wrong. Craig Bellamy. You cant get much more Cardiff City than that.