+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Allen

Joe Allen

Don't shoot the messenger because I realise it may be bollocks but I hope not.
    Tinpot Football News (@TinpotFooty) Tweeted:
    #Cardiff are keen to make a bid for #Stoke midfielder Joe Allen with the Welshman wanting to move back to Wales and play in the top flight. #CCFC #SCFC https://t.co/LRg1GqIFz9 https://twitter.com/TinpotFooty/stat...948840449?s=17

Re: Joe Allen

Le cadburys fingres crossed

Oh please Nathan Jones, free him up to come home to Wales .

We'd be able to bid more than Stoke could refuse if this is true.

He is / was my first choice signing for this window. There's nowt like dreaming! Allen + Harry Wilson, yes please, time to wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    He is / was my first choice signing for this window. There's nowt like dreaming! Allen + Harry Wilson, yes please, time to wake up!
    We'd still launch the ball 70 yards upfield over their heads and tell them to battle for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We'd still launch the ball 70 yards upfield over their heads and tell them to battle for it.
    you're not wrong!

you're not wrong!
    I feel sorry that I'm not wrong. It's as if we've learned nothing by being in the Premier League.

Wilson is staying at Derby, but what a season he is having..

Him alone would be a signing which would at least get fan morale up quite a bit. However, that's literally the only source linking him to us on the internet. Won't get my hopes up.

I'd take it. Works hard. Skillful. We could probably sign him to a long term deal.

He’d be on more cash with stoke

Can’t see it. He’s on a very big contract at Stoke and he’s a Jack through and through.

Even if he wanted to get back to the Prem, the likliehood is hewill back in the Championship very soon if he choose us.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Can’t see it. He’s on a very big contract at Stoke and he’s a Jack through and through.

Even if he wanted to get back to the Prem, the likliehood is hewill back in the Championship very soon if he choose us.
    Is he really jack through and through? Alan Curtis was a jack, as was Andy Legg. Even leighton James only became an outspoken jack after he retired. Joe Allen could have easliy gone back to Swansea after the Liverpool thing didnt work out.

grab crouch for 6 months... if we are going to play long ball in long ball over long throw-ins just have well have crouch in there to nod a few goals in between now and the end of the campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    grab crouch for 6 months... if we are going to play long ball in long ball over long throw-ins just have well have crouch in there to nod a few goals in between now and the end of the campaign...
    I've been thinking this. We might actually have chance with long throws corners etc.

We should have gone for him in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is he really jack through and through? Alan Curtis was a jack, as was Andy Legg. Even leighton James only became an outspoken jack after he retired. Joe Allen could have easliy gone back to Swansea after the Liverpool thing didnt work out.
    Alan Curtis is from the Rhondda. Im pretty sure in his book he stated whenever he went to a game (before being a footballer) it was at Ninian Park.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've been thinking this. We might actually have chance with long throws corners etc.
    Yes I'd take a punt ,he might be one of the very few strikers who might handle this situation , because whoever steps into that position will have the shadow of Emiliano hovering above them ,god this is so tough , Neil's is very quiet as well hope he's okay.