+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

28 year old lad, his poor family. If it’s gutting for us imagine what it’s like for them.

This is truly shocking news. His chances of survival (and the pilot) must be close to zero...dark, cold, sharp rocks with quite a tidal range. Even if they did make the coast there aren't many places to make easy landfall.

I'm as level-headed and laid back as anyone, but this has shocked me utterly and completely to the core. A genuine heart-felt sadness which has hit me unexpectedly. Apologies for a self-centered post , but words do really fail me..

First Leicester, now this. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm as level-headed and laid back as anyone, but this has shocked me utterly and completely to the core. A genuine heart-felt sadness which has hit me unexpectedly. Apologies for a self-centered post , but words do really fail me..
    I'm shaking still...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    28 year old lad, his poor family. If it’s gutting for us imagine what it’s like for them.
    And that's what matter, football is not the issue now .

Yes , it's made me feel very humble and sad .

I know what you mean, I feel useless, helpless and devastated.

I’ve only just been told about this just can’t believe it

Search is continuing but still no traces according to Guernsey Police

The chances either have survived are very slim, but until it’s confirmed, we can only hope for a miracle. A French sports journalist on Talksport, said he was a lovely lad, and compared him as an “Argentinian Jamie Vardy” as in he’d chase down every single ball.
    I was so looking forward to seeing him in our colours. Absolutely gutted if he and the pilot have perished.

Exactly this. Made me really think about how fragile it all is. If he broke his leg 2 weeks ago he would be sitting having breakfast with his family and if he couldn't hit a barn door this season he would be doubting himself at training with his mates. Genuinely shocked and sad about this.

Tragic, thoughts with the familes of Sala and Pilot.

The most exiting days in his life and his family.
    Absolutely tragic news. Hoping they are ok somehow.

Same. For some reason the fact that one of the Nantes defenders gave him a lift to the airport has got to me, just the idea of his mate dropping him off and saying good luck and give me a shout when you get there. Probably most of us have done that for a friend

Saying pilot requested an emergency landing

This is all very ominous but hope he and the pilot are found quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Exactly this. Made me really think about how fragile it all is. If he broke his leg 2 weeks ago he would be sitting having breakfast with his family and if he couldn't hit a barn door this season he would be doubting himself at training with his mates. Genuinely shocked and sad about this.
    Same here.

Weird as he was only our player 5 minutes but think it puts life into perspective and how fragile it is and ultimately how vulnerable to fate we all are.

Utterly shocking and sad.

This link has live reports

https://youtu.be/ht959x34xqE

This is truly shocking. So sorry for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know what you mean, I feel useless, helpless and devastated.
    So true, Bob. I can't believe how much this hits home, the fragility of life and what delmbox said, a Nantes defender (obviously a good friend) seeing him off at the airport. Likely for the last time. Just horrid.

The French civil aviation authority have confirmed that Sala was a passenger on the missing plane.

You've described how I feel exactly.

I am absolutely stunned, really really shocked.

Football aside thoughts with his family and friends and same for the other person on board. Hoping for a miracle.