+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Dalman has said that the plane was not arranged by the club but Sala made his own arrangements..

Tragic

[QUOTE=simonp_ccfc;4944253]You would never get me into one of those aircraft unless it was flying over dry land on a beautiful sunny day.[/QUOTE
    I agree 100% been on tnem, only when weather is perfect and in daylight,tnis is not even a jet engine, you can buy one for 40k

Perhaps the pilot was a mate of Sala

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Perhaps the pilot was a mate of Sala
    Did I just hear that there was a life raft on board the plane and now they are looking for this also? On TS?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Did I just hear that there was a life raft on board the plane and now they are looking for this also? On TS?
    Correct, Guernsey police have confirmed this and made the search for the liferaft a priority.

It would be a miracle if they were still alive after 40 hours of being on a life raft (hopefully stranded on a nearby desolate bit of land).

But I will live in hope, miracles can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    It would be a miracle if they were still alive after 40 hours of being on a life raft (hopefully stranded on a nearby desolate bit of land).

But I will live in hope, miracles can happen!
    I still feel sick to the stomach. Like most of us I'd feared the worst from early on yesterday. Even more so when they called off the search attempts last night. I was just waiting for the inevitable news. This life raft development has played with my emotions even more. It gives us hope that he may somehow be alive, which would be a miracle. However, it could well just be false hope, which is awful.

Dalman says the flight was certainly not organised by the club, which rules out the possibility of it being Tan’s plane I should think.

According to Simon Jordan, agents usually organise travel in these instances and invoice the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    You would never get me into one of those aircraft unless it was flying over dry land on a beautiful sunny day.
    I agree 100% been on tnem, only when weather is perfect and in daylight,tnis is not even a jet engine, you can buy one for 40k
    I believe that type of aircraft has a turboprop engine, when there is only one there is no redundancy in the system. There are so many questions we can ask. Every news bulletin seemed to be carrying this story yesterday and I just tutted to myself when I thought about how unnecessary it was. Sad.

"No hope" of finding Emiliano Sala.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46966424

That no hope comment was from yesterday. I'm clinging onto the new hope of them on a life raft.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "No hope" of finding Emiliano Sala.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46966424
    A personal opinion but obviously a very well educated one.
    Still hope I think today however it is diminishing by the minute without update.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    That no hope comment was from yesterday. I'm clinging onto the new hope of them on a life raft.
    I don't think it is, it was part of a "breaking news" story on the BBC's site and the page was only posted a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    A personal opinion but obviously a very well educated one.
    Still hope I think today however it is diminishing by the minute without update.
    The weather in mid-Channel would be very cold indeed and I can't imagine that any investigators/rescuers really imagine that the two chaps could have survived after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The weather in mid-Channel would be very cold indeed and I can't imagine that any investigators/rescuers really imagine that the two chaps could have survived after all this time.
    Including in the liferaft? Not sure what the survival time would be in that without water/food and the air temperature.
    If they were in the water they would’ve died within a few hours of the ditch.

https://www.flightradar24.com/FA20/1f44cf2e

Just watching the two FA20's searching over Dartmoor national park

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't think it is, it was part of a "breaking news" story on the BBC's site and the page was only posted a few minutes ago.
    Definitely saw an interview with that guy where he said the same thing yesterday. May have just interviewed him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    https://www.pprune.org/accidents-clo...el-island.html

Read the most recent posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    https://www.flightradar24.com/FA20/1f44cf2e

Just watching the two FA20's searching over Dartmoor national park
    Lost walkers probably, doubt it’s anything to do with Sala

I wonder if the search has been scaled back or there is more of a concentration of using helicopters. The only vessel I can see on the water in the general area (from the Marine Traffic website) is an RNLI Rib (B 841) which is conducting a search along the Jersey coast from North of La Perruque to the East of St Martin and even that is now back in its base. The Flightrader website doesn't show helicopter activity but there are no small planes to be seen in the search area. What is going on? Have they given up? All speculation of course but it does seem odd unless there is something to report.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Exactly.

Based on the four scenarios the police say they are following you have to think no. 4 is the real only option. For them to have landed and made it to shore somewhere you'd imagine the police would have checked there first.

Incredibly sad for all involved.

Does anybody find it really odd that they have not revealed the name of the pilot?

Surely giving a name, what time you were taking the plane and it's destination would be a minimum requirement for a flight of this nature? Even for things like anti-terrorism measures etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I wonder if the search has been scaled back or there is more of a concentration of using helicopters. The only vessel I can see on the water in the general area (from the Marine Traffic website) is an RNLI Rib (B 841) which is conducting a search along the Jersey coast from North of La Perruque to the East of St Martin and even that is now back in its base. The Flightrader website doesn't show helicopter activity but there are no small planes to be seen in the search area. What is going on? Have they given up? All speculation of course but it does seem odd unless there is something to report.
    Doubtful they would’ve given up at this time, should it be helicopter only then I would say that is a positive sign that someone has been found (dead or alive) and they can attempt to recover whatever or whoever they’ve found.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Lost walkers probably, doubt it’s anything to do with Sala
    Searching over Bristol Channel as well