+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Lost walkers probably, doubt it’s anything to do with Sala

As you can see i dont post often anymore, just read.

However couple of things in this thread that given the awful topic seem to want people to speculate.. the following is not meant to be speculation but help clarify a couple of the points raised...

The FA20’s are not searching for anyone.. they fly odd paterns everyday, in formation often. - they are a combination of training flights / drills for unspecified military.

The searching UK aircraft and lifeboats are SAR (search and rescue form the Channel Islands) and RNLI respectively and they have spent the last two days in the areas already posted - and the SAR plane and helicopter still are. The RNLI are not

The plane is a US registered plane (c1984 vintage), but that’s a front for UK ownership - not easily traceable without speaking to the ‘ref holder’ in the US (probably operating out of Norfolk UK). The potential pilot’s facebook page seems to have been taken down, but so do many of the UK papers pages who overnight said he was the pilot.

The PPRUNE site listed is a bunch of so called pilots / pilots / people guessing the same as us. Without reading the paper history of the exact plane not much can tell them the service history. The exact plane is clearly known and its US reg available, it was not fitted with a ‘tracker’ for FR24 - the tracking site

Q

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Definitely saw an interview with that guy where he said the same thing yesterday. May have just interviewed him again.
    Lazy journalism. Just left it in and added the new stories underneath. This has been playing on my mind since yesterday. Last week I was on Twitter every 5 minutes for updates on Sala, now this week on there for totally different reasons. Numb.

The Times is reporting that the plane belonged to Willie Mackay the Scottish football agent

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...ckay-28h7k8vc8

Emiliano Sala was travelling on a plane believed to belong to Scottish agent Willie McKay when he disappeared over the English Channel. The Argentine forward, who became Cardiff City’s record signing after joining the club from Nantes in a £15 million transfer last week, is feared dead after his light aircraft disappeared from radar screens, although a search has resumed this morning.

Sala was travelling in a Piper PA-46 Malibu aircraft, a single-engine, six-seat plane, with the pilot the only other passenger on board as he made the journey back to Cardiff on Monday evening after returning to Nantes to say goodbye to his former team-mates. The plane is registered to a holding company in Suffolk called Southern Aircraft Consultancy, with a registration number N264DB, but is believed to be owned by McKay, an influential and experienced agent.

McKay is not Sala’s representative, but was involved in brokering the transfer between Cardiff and Nantes and appears to have offered to arrange the player’s travel arrangements. The plane has yet to be found, but there is no suggestion that it suffered a technical fault or was unsuitable for making such a journey. McKay has excellent contacts clubs in the south of France in particular and has brought many French and African players to the Premier League over the years. McKay had not responded to The Times at the time of publication.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Recovering the bodies.

I think it means they are looking for dead bodies and not living people.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think it means they are looking for dead bodies and not living people.
    Cheers. Didn't want to jump the gun and just assume that is what it was. Very sad day.

It means they are presumed dead

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    It means they are presumed dead
    They may have been spotted and now need alternate vessels to recover them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    They may have been spotted and now need alternate vessels to recover them.
    I wish this was the case, but sadly not.

Boys, all I can think about is his mam & dad waiting desperately by the phone/refreshing internet pages etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I wish this was the case, but sadly not.
    I don't mean alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj's #3 View Post
    Dalman has said that the plane was not arranged by the club but Sala made his own arrangements..
    Reported that it was agents plane.

Mafia? Anyone heard anything about sala's ex girlfriend saying it's the mafia? I just had a text off somebody?

Probably bollux but not had time to trawl through all the pages. Sorry if already posted

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Mafia? Anyone heard anything about sala's ex girlfriend saying it's the mafia? I just had a text off somebody?
    There will always be conspiracies but please, now isn't the time for them.

Wales online reporting that the pilot was a gas engineer by trade..

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    There will always be conspiracies but please, now isn't the time for them.
    To be fair, it is his ex girlfriend saying this stuff. Guardian article. Not that it gives it any legitimacy, but that’s not ccmb speculation .

The Sky news tweet probably means they have found the bodies and will recover which ties in with my earlier post suggesting the search activity had been either curtailed or called off.

If they have found the bodies the life boat and plane are still searching...... can be seen on trackers. They are doing search patterns / generally covering areas

I think recovery means they are simply not looking to find anyone alive now

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    To be fair, it is his ex girlfriend saying this stuff. Guardian article. Not that it gives it any legitimacy, but that’s not ccmb speculation .
    OK, fair enough.

No chance of fining anyone alive I guess. So sad.