+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Oh really. You have no idea what I know so don't come back at me with remarks like that and feel your better to insult a fellow fan.

We are all desperate for news and optimistic with any snippets of information and like I said a lot of speculation around.

Very coincidental how all this chat about the flares and now the rescue services are looking at the said area.
    There are a number of areas they are searching. There was no twitter fuss about the others. The only suggestion of a flare are those photos from 48 hours ago and that area has already been searched since then.

It is just a team doing a very difficult job and being good enough to update the world as to how they are doing it. They are the ones with the relevant expertise, not people on twitter (well-meaning as they may be).

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    There are a number of areas they are searching. There was no twitter fuss about the others. The only suggestion of a flare are those photos from 48 hours ago and that area has already been searched since then.

It is just a team doing a very difficult job and being good enough to update the world as to how they are doing it. They are the ones with the relevant expertise, not people on twitter (well-meaning as they may be).
    Having been airlifted by the coastguard from the middle of English Channel myself I can testify how good these guys are - though I may be biased.

Presumably you, or someone with you, had the necessary means to alert the coastguard of your position? That Sala's plane went down is bad enough...no distress call, emergency locator beacon etc is in itself a cause for concern.
    On a side note I was on a ferry once that diverted to rescue two lads in the sea who had come out of canoes. They had flares with them that could be seen easily by day. Even in summer they were cold and barely able to speak, when taken on board. Quite what they were doing so far from land, and obviously inexperienced, beggars belief.
    Glad you made it ok.