+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

i cant get my head around it all...

so gutted... not in the best mood at all... dont even know the player but its just not right ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post

This is ridiculous!!
    Only just found out. Really sickening news but no positive proof of fatalities.

I hope and pray that it ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    i cant get my head around it all...

so gutted... not in the best mood at all... dont even know the player but its just not right ;(
    I think it surpasses knowing the man.

It's surreal as it hits close to home more than anything, we were about to be chanting this guy's name from the stands and by the looks of it he will never get to play for our club. It's heatbreaking whether you know the man or not.

his name will be chanted louder than ever now...

gutting

Numbingly shocking news. Difficult to think of much else today.

Still finding this very hard to take in. Here’s hoping for a miracle.

This is terrible news. The longer it goes the more I feel the news will be sad.

I feel for his family and close friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    My goodness - 3 or 4 times???
    You’d think that they’d abandon that after all those attempts? He could have driven to a port in no time with all his stuff too. Gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Still finding this very hard to take in. Here’s hoping for a miracle.
    Just simply awful awful news ..thoughts go to the family and friends of all on-board ....can only hope that they are found safe and well but reports don't seem very hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You’d think that they’d abandon that after all those attempts? He could have driven to a port in no time with all his stuff too. Gutted.
    I agree, but we don't really know why it had multiple attempts and presumably had there been any cause for concern they would have abandoned.

Lots of unknowns everywhere. It all sounds grim, but let's hope for some good news.

Man in charge of search does not think there are survivors.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/air-se...is-still-alive

There were reports that flares had been seen by Guernsey coastguard. But this doesn't seem to have developed further.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...e-still-alive/

Channel Islands Air Search Chief Officer John Fitzgerald on Emiliano Sala’s plane disappearance: “I do not think they are still alive.”

God, must be awful for his family home in Argentina, it’s most probably the biggest tragedy to hit Cardiff City, but his poor family, I cannot imagine what they’re going though. We’re still clinging to hope but them, Jesus, my heart goes out to them.

I've not experienced anything like this in relation to sport.

Numb and hard to think of much else really.

The longer it goes on the more you have to fear the worst.

Channel Islands Air Search Chief & the Coastguard say no survivors are expected to be found.

Poor kid. Surreal and depressing.

Looks like maybe mechanical fault in which case there will have to be questions.

Never met him, never heard of him until our interest and yet it sort of feels like when you hear news of someone you once knew and it shocks you.

It's the power the football club has on all of us I suppose. Its looking unlikely we will every get the chance to see him play for the club we all love and I feel gutted about that but mostly gutted for his friends and family during what should have been an exciting move in a career he loved.

Surreal, this has hit me really hard, if the news is as I fear, First thing I will be doing is getting his name printed on a shirt, he was part of our Cardiff family and will remain so.

His father's words I am desperate.

Apologies if this seems off-topic to anyone but my mind has been going back 61 years to the Munich Airport disaster - different scale I know. But I recall vividly the day after in a South London school - no link with Man U - but the eerie hushed tones everyone was speaking of the disaster and the totally empty, helpless feeling we had. Feel much the same today.

Seems obvious to me, but after 3 or 4 attempts to take off, isn’t it better to not fly in that plane?

I’m no aviation expert, but surely misattempts at starting are a bad sign anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Seems obvious to me, but after 3 or 4 attempts to take off, isn’t it better to not fly in that plane?

I’m no aviation expert, but surely misattempts at starting are a bad sign anyway?
    These are only reports, if true though, I'm with you. It seems very odd.

All over the shop today, absolutely gutted. God knows what his family must be going through.