+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

This is so sad especially for the player and the pilot but also for the families who will be going through hell at the moment. It’s also a hammer blow to Cardiff City FC. After what happened to Gary Speed and Tom Maynard this is just hard to believe. It just seems unfair.

As a club you will receive the support and respect of the football world.

Going to have fun trying to explain this to my 5 year old boy. In just a couple days he's wanted to be Sala when playing football and has worked out his imaginary Cardiff City team around someone who would score lots of hat-tricks for us, so he reckons. He's also got a fear of hearing planes in the sky.

Can't get my head around this.

As mentioned many times above this has hit me hard today.
    My heart breaks for the friends and family of both pilot and Sala.
    Fingers crossed for that slim chance of positive news.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Nothing to do with Sala I hope?
    I've e-mailed the Club to ask that they take down the front page of their website which shows Emiliano Sala being welcomed to the Club.

It seems so inappropriate at this time, especially as lots of people will searching the site for news updates

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Seems obvious to me, but after 3 or 4 attempts to take off, isn’t it better to not fly in that plane?

I’m no aviation expert, but surely misattempts at starting are a bad sign anyway?
    It’s got stupid, irresponsible decisions written all over it. I know it’s not done to start blaming people but **** me, this is shocking. I don’t understand why they’d be in such a rush as to overlook safety concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It’s got stupid, irresponsible decisions written all over it. I know it’s not done to start blaming people but **** me, this is shocking. I don’t understand why they’d be in such a rush as to overlook safety concerns.
    It’s crossed my mind and I hope it’s not true but they may have felt like he needed to be in Cardiff this morning for his first full day. Forcing the matter to get here.
    Obviously not worth it.

Sad news as hope fades. Thoughts are with his and other people on board's families. On a practical level I do hope CCFC had procedures in place to make sure he was insured from the moment he put pen to paper, otherwise it's £15m gone......

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    It’s crossed my mind and I hope it’s not true but they may have felt like he needed to be in Cardiff this morning for his first full day. Forcing the matter to get here.
    Obviously not worth it.
    Sorry, but that an unfair statement. It's almost like you're suggesting the club knew of the plane's difficulty but insisted that the flight goes ahead. No one knows at this particular point what has happened. So let's not speculate.

So so sad.

It's going to be a very emotional day on 2 February. I imagine Sala's name will ring out around the stadium. I've got tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

Very very tragic.

Absolutely tragic , thoughts go out to all family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Sad news as hope fades. Thoughts are with his and other people on board's families. On a practical level I do hope CCFC had procedures in place to make sure he was insured from the moment he put pen to paper, otherwise it's £15m gone......

That's not the concern right now - two people's lives are.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    **** the money, two people have probably died

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Sorry, but that an unfair statement. It's almost like you're suggesting the club knew of the plane's difficulty but insisted that the flight goes ahead. No one knows at this particular point what has happened. So let's not speculate.
    It's a difficult time and I'm not going to knock someone for feeling differently about what's happened to the way I do, but is this really the time to start asking questions about the airworthiness of the plane when there is still hope of a positive outcome? The probability is that the outcome won't be a good one and if it isn't, then it won't take long at all for focus to come on to the how's and whys, but can't we keep that for another day for now?

I should add that my comments were not directed at you RFOF.

Speculation is unhelpful but it’s been stated that weather conditions were good and that the plane had trouble taking off.

According to this article...

https://www.dobleamarilla.com.ar/por...9062019cf66753

....his father says he received a call from Tan who said that the plane lost control (and that the plane belonged to him).Says Nantes are yet to get in touch.

It’s a huge leap and totally unfair to link any negligence to outside pressures to get him here asap, but it looks like a serious mechanical fault could have been responsible and I imagine if proper protocol was carried out the accident could’ve been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I've e-mailed the Club to ask that they take down the front page of their website which shows Emiliano Sala being welcomed to the Club.

It seems so inappropriate at this time, especially as lots of people will searching the site for news updates
    I saw that when looking for news about the situation this morning. It is crass that they still haven't removed it.

Cardiff Statement

Cardiff City FC Executive Director & CEO Ken Choo | 22/01/19

"We were very shocked upon hearing the news that the plane had gone missing. We expected Emiliano to arrive last night into Cardiff and today was due to be his first day with the team.

"Our owner, Tan Sri Vincent Tan, and chairman, Mehmet Dalman, are all very distressed about the situation.

"We made the decision first thing this morning to call off training with the thoughts of the squad, management staff and the entire Club with Emiliano and the pilot.

"All of us at Cardiff City FC would like to thank our fans, and the entire footballing family for their support at this difficult time.

"We continue to pray for positive news."

Cardiff City Football Club will make a further statement as more information becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's a difficult time and I'm not going to knock someone for feeling differently about what's happened to the way I do, but is this really the time to start asking questions about the airworthiness of the plane when there is still hope of a positive outcome? The probability is that the outcome won't be a good one and if it isn't, then it won't take long at all for focus to come on to the how's and whys, but can't we keep that for another day for now?

I'm not sure why you have quoted me? I said not to speculate.

Anyway, I'm not going to get locked in any debate, it's not the time or place.

I think you might have edited your post.

Thank you anyway.

I know I have not posted in here for ages, just wanted to express my shock at this terrible situation and hope that there is better news as the search continues!

I have been looking at the flight radar and ships radar...…….very little to report, except, it may be nothing but an Air Ambulance left Guernsey 2 hrs ago and has landed at RAF Northolt, might just be a normal service, also an air ambulance has landed in Jersey from Southampton………….but this may be just normal flights!

I'm not sure why you have quoted me? I said not to speculate.

Anyway, I'm not going to get locked in any debate, it's not the time or place.

I think you might have edited your post.

Thank you anyway.
    Yes, I did edit it after reading it back because it read as if my reply was directed at you - I was supporting what you said and apologise for any confusion.

First Team

It's sounds like there is little hope now so my thoughts go out to all the family members at this terrible time. RIP.

Yes, I did edit it after reading it back because it read as if my reply was directed at you - I was supporting what you said and apologise for any confusion.
    No problem and thank you once again.

We are all distraught by this. It's 10.35pm here, this has drained me, I need to lie down.

News and updates has gone very quiet over the last two hours or so. It's most probably as there's nothing more to be said at this stage but I wonder whether it's because they're all preparing to tell us something major?

I'm just clutching at straws that some positivity will come out of it.

I agree. Speculating about what the cause was and apportioning blame is so unnecessary at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Obviously not worth it.
    The decision to fly is always the pilot's. He/ she would be the one to assess whether they felt the plane was safe to fly. Unfortunately, this looks like the wrong decision has been made, if all we are hearing is true. Until we have the full investigation, we won't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I agree. Speculating about what the cause was and apportioning blame is so unnecessary at this juncture.
    ^This