+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

It seems strange that, whilst the club were happy to offer the services of the private jet for the discussion on terms and the medical, once he had signed the travel offer seemed to be a Nantes - Paris - London - Cardiff trip on a scheduled airline, train and taxi. One would hope that the jet was perhaps being used for other club business at that time, possibly other transfer targets

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    All I can think is that Sala wanted a full day in Nantes to say his farewells and no commercial flight times would have allowed him to do that and still get to Cardiff in time for training on Tuesday.
    The only way for him to do this would be a private flight in the evening.
    He flew back Saturday he had 2 days to say his goodbyes.

The club couldn’t keep laying on a private jet flying him back and forth to France every time he wanted to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He flew back Saturday he had 2 days to say his goodbyes.

The club couldn’t keep laying on a private jet flying him back and forth to France every time he wanted to go back.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It seems to me the club is immune from criticism. The plane and flight were arranged by the agent who presumably, in consultation with Sala, opted to reject the club's offer. Unfortunately the agent's 24 year old single engined plane wasn't up to the job and neither it would seem was the pilot - a gas fitter who flew planes on the weekend and may not have even held a commercial licence and admitted himself in a tweet to be "rusty". Once the club's offer of a commercial flight was rejected, and the agent advised the club that he would make the arrangements, the situation was effectively taken out of the club's hands. The club could not have been expected to know the arrangements made by the agent were totally unsatisfactory, and to put it mildly amateurish. I gather, according to Simon Jordan, that it is not unusual for agents to arrange transport for their players.

No doubt some will speculate, if true, why the third pilot failed to get on the plane and this is likely to be examined in greater detail by the accident investigators!

There are many people who like to knock the club but in this situation they are blameless.
    What do you think the clubs policy will be going forward? I mean, I’m sure they will not let players (their assets as well as human beings) do this type of thing in future. They will either have it written in their contact that the club arranges transport or that the player has to give notice of their travel arrangements prior to travelling which would have to be ok’d by the club.

I realise there are limits to tge restrictions you can put upon an adult but Feck me , football clubs tell their players what to eat and how nuch they can drink and when. The club can and will wash their hands of this but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t have done things better. They could have done a lot more from where I’m sitting. It’s inept from his agents point of but also from the clubs in my opinion. I realise we are talking different levels but can you see Man City, Chelsea or Man U letting their record striker get on a feckin decades old microlite to travel accross the english channel at night in winter. It’s farcical.

Whats all this flares coming from Burhou island stuff on twitter about?

Is that new?

Don't know how true and if I'm just clinging onto hope but according to some Twitter reports, flares have been spotted from Burhou Island. Surely this would have been checked. I also understand that there are sick ****s out there that would make up fake reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    What do you think the clubs policy will be going forward? I mean, I’m sure they will not let players (their assets as well as human beings) do this type of thing in future. They will either have it written in their contact that the club arranges transport or that the player has to give notice of their travel arrangements prior to travelling which would have to be ok’d by the club.

I realise there are limits to tge restrictions you can put upon an adult but Feck me , football clubs tell their players what to eat and how nuch they can drink and when. The club can and will wash their hands of this but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t have done things better. They could have done a lot more from where I’m sitting. It’s inept from his agents point of but also from the clubs in my opinion. I realise we are talking different levels but can you see Man City, Chelsea or Man U letting their record striker get on a feckin decades old microlite to travel accross the english channel at night in winter. It’s farcical.
    As far as I’m aware the club didn’t know of this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Don't know how true and if I'm just clinging onto hope but according to some Twitter reports, flares have been spotted from Burhou Island. Surely this would have been checked. I also understand that there are sick ****s out there that would make up fake reports.
    Apparently pics were taken of flares in that direction Tuesday morning. The island has been searched by air but very hard to get anyone on the island in current conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Is that new?
    Stuff on google from two days ago about Burhou and flares.

Take a look at these search results: https://twitter.com/search?q=flares%20sala&s=09

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Is that new?
    If flares went up yesterday as the rumors on Twitter are suggesting, surely they would have been investigated by now.

Also if they got there with flares, presumably they would have been in a raft, how come they didn't set them off sooner?

I'd bet this is some sick oddball making crap up.

https://guernseypress.com/news/2019/...rney-lifeboat/

RNLI crew investigated reports of flares going up behind Burhou during Monday night’s gruelling five-hour search for the missing plane.

This flicker of hope is almost unbearable especially as we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if there is any truth in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    This flicker of hope is almost unbearable especially as we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if there is any truth in it.
    There isn't.

My friend mentioned it Tuesday morning as the news broke about flares being sighted but having not seen much in the way of reports I thought it was just made up.
    This coming to light again is reigniting the hope and it’s bloody unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I can't answer the question you pose as I do not know enough about the arrangements that exist between players, agents and the club. However, when a former Premier League Chairman explains in a radio interview that it is usual for agents to arrange transport I have no reason to disbelieve him and I do not think it is the club's responsibility to second guess everything an agent does. I agree this whole episode reveals many flaws in the arrangements made but I can't see how anyone can blame the club for a consenting player to be transported in a plane owned and organised by an agent who must be used to arranging transport for players on a routine basis. In this particular case where the pilot's experience is being called into question I do not think it would be practicable for any club to check whether a pilot had the relevant experience and qualifications to fly one of their players for example.

Here are the original Burhou pics

https://twitter.com/DJLewE1/status/1087660241825742848

Quote Originally Posted by oscarblue View Post
    Fantastic tribute ; tradgedy does indeed stretch out to all football fans far and wide (apart from a few brain dead arse*oles in South Wales who we cannot legislate for from both in Swansea & Cardiff).

Superb PSG
    I hope that on Saturday, our fans respect this sad and needless loss. I cannot look at the photo of him smiling without getting a lump in my throat.

Makes us stop and think about how much unites us at times like this. The best tribute to him would be for The Bluebirds to stay in the EPL. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Someone on the pilots (pprune) forum said there was a commercial flight from Nantes to Cardiff via Amsterdam at 7.15pm arriving into Cardiff on KLM at 9.40pm.......if only
    I think you misread that. 17.15 (4.15 pm our time) from Nantes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    My friend mentioned it Tuesday morning as the news broke about flares being sighted but having not seen much in the way of reports I thought it was just made up.
    This coming to light again is reigniting the hope and it’s bloody unbearable.
    Sadly I think the most likely explanation if those are genuinely pictures over Alderney area is that they are trails from the rescue planes carrying out the search.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I hope that on Saturday, our fans respect this sad and needless loss. I cannot look at the photo of him smiling without getting a lump in my throat.

Makes us stop and think about how much unites us at times like this. The best tribute to him would be for The Bluebirds to stay in the EPL. Good Luck.
    Your fans will respect it, I have no doubt about that.

Bl00dy hell!! So the chatter on Twitter last night about flares coming from the area around Burhou seems valid?
    How have Guernsey police only just got wind of this.

I don't know, all speculation I guess and a lot of theories and information being put to the test.
    All said and done but if the rescue services are still out searching then there is always hope and we have to have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Bl00dy hell!! So the chatter on Twitter last night about flares coming from the area around Burhou seems valid?

I don't know, all speculation I guess and a lot of theories and information being put to the test.
    All said and done but if the rescue services are still out searching then there is always hope and we have to have faith.
    You are moaning about something that you know absolutely nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

They said they searched the area on Monday night after reports of flares.