Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
What do you think the clubs policy will be going forward? I mean, I’m sure they will not let players (their assets as well as human beings) do this type of thing in future. They will either have it written in their contact that the club arranges transport or that the player has to give notice of their travel arrangements prior to travelling which would have to be ok’d by the club.

I realise there are limits to tge restrictions you can put upon an adult but Feck me , football clubs tell their players what to eat and how nuch they can drink and when. The club can and will wash their hands of this but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t have done things better. They could have done a lot more from where I’m sitting. It’s inept from his agents point of but also from the clubs in my opinion. I realise we are talking different levels but can you see Man City, Chelsea or Man U letting their record striker get on a feckin decades old microlite to travel accross the english channel at night in winter. It’s farcical.
I can't answer the question you pose as I do not know enough about the arrangements that exist between players, agents and the club. However, when a former Premier League Chairman explains in a radio interview that it is usual for agents to arrange transport I have no reason to disbelieve him and I do not think it is the club's responsibility to second guess everything an agent does. I agree this whole episode reveals many flaws in the arrangements made but I can't see how anyone can blame the club for a consenting player to be transported in a plane owned and organised by an agent who must be used to arranging transport for players on a routine basis. In this particular case where the pilot's experience is being called into question I do not think it would be practicable for any club to check whether a pilot had the relevant experience and qualifications to fly one of their players for example.