+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

International

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

I think if they had pressured anyone to get him here they would have known whether he was on the flight, where as it seems they were as in the dark as everyone else at the beginning.

This is purely heartbreaking. Can't believe this kind of thing is happening in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Aircraft was owned by the football club? meaning us? And he complained to someone it was bumpy on the previous journey. Not good.
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Cardiff-Nantes

Flights in small aircraft like that can be bumpy at the best of times, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I really wish they wouldn’t print stuff like this, it’s not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Flights in small aircraft like that can be bumpy at the best of times, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I really wish they wouldn’t print stuff like this, it’s not helpful.
    Was going to say on planes like that you must feel every bump far more whether its considered a smooth flight or not.

Hope both occupants are found alive and well, as unlikely as that seems. Awful for the families and friends. thoughts with all concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Again, let's not jump to any conclusions.
    Some interesting recent posts:
    https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/...el-island.html
    Even if the aircraft is found there will be no evidence of icing. Those ITK question the wisdom of flying last night. This could come back on Tan, and the club, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Some interesting recent posts:
    https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/...el-island.html
    Even if the aircraft is found there will be no evidence of icing. Those ITK question the wisdom of flying last night. This could come back on Tan, and the club, big time.
    Please stop speculating.

We don't know what context Sala was saying it in. He could easily have been joking like we all often do in those situations.

Rarely on here these days but it's one of those unfathomable, numbing days that there is no reason or relief from.
    Absolutely horrific for the lad's family and friends. Pointless speculating till we find out any more. For now all we can do is wait and stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Please stop speculating.
    Agree. They haven’t even found them yet. This is really inappropriate.

Heartbreaking been refreshing Twitter all day just praying for a miracle thoughts go out to his family and friends

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Please stop speculating.
    1000 times this.

Its just waiting for the dreaded announcement now.

In this day and age contact would have been made by now, it just doesn't feel real at all. So f****d

From joy to sadness is a short path. If this is the emblem Nantes want to use, it's good enough for me.

yellow_tulip.jpg

Nantes FC Supporters Association A La Nantaise is holding a vigil for Sala and pilot Tuesday night in Nantes at 1830pm local time. If anyone feels they'd like to Tweet them the handle is @a_la_nantaise.

Thought go out two people,one of which carried the hopes of Cardiff City fans old and young.And if l could say a pray it would be that you Carry yourself back to me unspoiled from across that loansome ocean.

Are any of you maritime enthusiasts? I'm just wondering anyone knows if trawlers or medium-sized ships go out as far as that.

I imagine a liner would be too big to see any possible debris etc.

Absolutely heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Are any of you maritime enthusiasts? I'm just wondering anyone knows if trawlers or medium-sized ships go out as far as that.

You can see the boats in the area from this website:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...ry:48.2/zoom:7

You will have to zoom in to see the area clearly but there's not much around the Guernsey area at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

Here is a live chart of vessels in the area that employ AIS, a tracking system. Vessels in main traffic schemes can be seen to the north of Casquets - although they can navigate nearer the
    island(s)
    http://www.digimap.gg/marine/ais/

(Vindec's post wasn't visible when I started replying)

This just doesn't feel real. I hope by some miracle they are found.