+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Hopefully they will find something today as it seems as though this could be the last day of searching. Assume they are just checking coastal for signs of debris.
    His family must be going through hell

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are moaning about something that you know absolutely nothing about.
    Oh really. You have no idea what I know so don't come back at me with remarks like that and feel your better to insult a fellow fan.

We are all desperate for news and optimistic with any snippets of information and like I said a lot of speculation around.

Very coincidental how all this chat about the flares and now the rescue services are looking at the said area.

The bad side of twitter when these rumours spread about this island. The photo has been written off by anyone reliable as flares, more informed people have stated there's no way they'd have made it to that island but you have several hundreds tweeting Guernsey Police telling them to get on the island. They're doing an amazing job in tragic circumstances, these rumours spreading like wildfire don't help anyone, certainly not the Guernsey police.

I'd imagine if nothing is spotted today then that might be that for the search. Horrible. My thoughts are with his family and friends, as well as the pilot's.

All the posts on the pilots forum have now been removed.
    Not sure why that would be the case.

i know its well documented it had nothing to do with the club regarding the travel arrangements of sala but im wondering as things start to sort of settle down and scale back... im just wondering that tan with the resources at his disposal would he be in a position to fund more searching... the authorities obviously have limits when it comes to this type of thing and yes i know its still early days in search terms i dont need reminding of that, but im just wondering when they scale that back what then... do we just wait for debris to surface over weeks months years ?

like everyone else, still clutching to hope and miracles but i dont have a faith system, its just so numbing you find yourself with a headache of mood and upset, we all want sala and the pilot to be castaway somewhere sheltering in a cave or under cover somewhere and be found but in reality and that starts to settle in in reality its too long now, you know you hear of people being found 25 or 30 years after being kidnapped as children, but this is different, its too long, most of us dont need confirmation or a full stop on it, i dont think its a no news is good news situation its just no news is no news... nothing

we were so desperate for this lad to come and be a hero and a legend and he will be a legend now but for all the wrong reason, we didnt even get to see him, there was a handfull of lads outside ccs who managed to get a snap with him holding his shirt but the rest of us never got to see him and its bonkers, just bonkers...

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Oh really. You have no idea what I know so don't come back at me with remarks like that and feel your better to insult a fellow fan.

We are all desperate for news and optimistic with any snippets of information and like I said a lot of speculation around.

Very coincidental how all this chat about the flares and now the rescue services are looking at the said area.
    There are a number of areas they are searching. There was no twitter fuss about the others. The only suggestion of a flare are those photos from 48 hours ago and that area has already been searched since then.

It is just a team doing a very difficult job and being good enough to update the world as to how they are doing it. They are the ones with the relevant expertise, not people on twitter (well-meaning as they may be).

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    There are a number of areas they are searching. There was no twitter fuss about the others. The only suggestion of a flare are those photos from 48 hours ago and that area has already been searched since then.

It is just a team doing a very difficult job and being good enough to update the world as to how they are doing it. They are the ones with the relevant expertise, not people on twitter (well-meaning as they may be).
    Having been airlifted by the coastguard from the middle of English Channel myself I can testify how good these guys are - though I may be biased.

Presumably you, or someone with you, had the necessary means to alert the coastguard of your position? That Sala's plane went down is bad enough...no distress call, emergency locator beacon etc is in itself a cause for concern.
    On a side note I was on a ferry once that diverted to rescue two lads in the sea who had come out of canoes. They had flares with them that could be seen easily by day. Even in summer they were cold and barely able to speak, when taken on board. Quite what they were doing so far from land, and obviously inexperienced, beggars belief.
    Glad you made it ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

Flares were reported on the first morning, investigated and reported to be not significant. You were commenting about the role of the police and indicating that they might not be doing their jobs properly. What you were doing is speculating, which is totally counter productive in the current circumstances. Todays news states they are now searching the coastal areas around all of the local islands, presumably for debris. They have already done sea searches in the area. They are not just searching one area because of the flares. What they are doing is the logical next step in the search process i.e. recovery, not rescue, as they said yesterday.

Premier League has refused us an extension.

Very classy from them, eh?

Wankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post

Wankers.
    We are not a top 6 club - what do you expect?
    We just make up the numbers.

Guernsey Police

@GuernseyPolice
    Follow Follow @GuernseyPolice
    More
    1.20pm update

The island of Burhou has been searched by foot. No trace of the aircraft or those on board has been found.

Further information will be released once it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird74 View Post
    Guernsey Police

@GuernseyPolice
    Follow Follow @GuernseyPolice
    More
    1.20pm update

The island of Burhou has been searched by foot. No trace of the aircraft or those on board has been found.

Further information will be released once it is available.
    Credit to them for actually searching, based on twitter rumours. You have to value their effort through this.

According to the Aviation Safety Network website listing the safety records of all types of plane, there have been 225 accidents involving Piper Malibu (Types 310 and 350) since 1984. Not sure how this compares with records of similar size aircraft but it seems excessive to me. Many of those accidents involved fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post

Wankers.
    Personally just want the window closed, wouldn't want it dragging out.

Unless a player is thrown at us I also just don't see Warnock and Co having the energy to chase anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Personally just want the window closed, wouldn't want it dragging out.

Unless a player is thrown at us I also just don't see Warnock and Co having the energy to chase anyone else.
    We all know the FA would never do the common sense approach and give us say another week what with mitigating circumstances and all that.

That said, I also hope Warnock is doing his job and still trying to get a player or 2 in, hopefully a midfielder.

All this is so reminiscent of the disappearance of Glenn Miller over the English channel all those years ago. Unless some traces of the plane/debris are found then the conjecture and/or conspiracy theories will continue for years to come. So sad for the families involved if that is the case, as they can never have closure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    R.I.P both

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It’s an awful thought they may never be found

The tributes to this player have been very moving. RIP to both lost.
    Last edited by HenllysBluebird; 24-01-19 at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    All this is so reminiscent of the disappearance of Glenn Miller over the English channel all those years ago. Unless some traces of the plane/debris are found then the conjecture and/or conspiracy theories will continue for years to come. So sad for the families involved if that is the case, as they can never have closure.
    Friendly fire and aircraft icing being two theories as to why Glenn Miller's plane went missing. I think we can safely rule out the first when it comes to Sala's flight. The other air related tragedy that comes to mind is the Man Utd Munich crash, which was definately icing. Duncan Edwards and Emiliano Sala in Heaven's 11. Now there's a thought. I just hope some evidence is found and the air accident investigator's are able to get some closure on this matter. That may be months or years. Hopefully, never.

Heartbreaking stuff.
    We've all been clinging on hoping that Emiliano and the pilot would be found, but this seems to be it.

We'll never know for sure, but it does like he was going to be a much loved member of our team.

Our support for the team is more important than ever now.

God we are all so upset about this awful tragedy - especially for Emiliano's family and friends....

There are 2 scheduled (jet) flights from Nantes to London on a Monday ....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    God we are all so upset about this awful tragedy - especially for Emiliano's family and friends....

There are 2 scheduled (jet) flights from Nantes to London on a Monday ....
    ...and an early evening HOP airlines flight from Nantes to Amsterdam with an onward KLM flight to Cardiff arriving at 9.40pm......if only we could have last Monday again.