+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    I feel exactly the same. Totally gutted and feeling sick!
    I have felt physically sick worrying about this man today, so much so I had to get out of the house for a while. It didn`t work, really struggling to come to terms with this absolute tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    When you hear of these sort of things you don’t really consider how close to home these tragedies can get. I thought the Leicester one really brought home that life is too short, but this one takes it to another level in the sense of how close to home it actually is.
    So surreal, my thoughts and prayers are going out to Emiliano’s family and friends as well as the pilot’s.
    When it was reported over the weekend how seriously ill Sean Morrison had been, I thought 'Thank God we didn't have a situation like Leicester but with one of our players'.

And now this had happened. I still can't really comprehend it.

Can't be arsed with the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Great read. Ends with:

Sala could be spotted outside a cafe in Nantes, having breakfast with Naja, as recently as a few days ago.

Afterwards, he went to say goodbye to his Nantes team-mates. Then he boarded a plane to Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Just doesn’t seem to be real and can’t imagine what his and the pilot”s family must be going through tonight .
    Pilot named in this article.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...rimente/980322

According to our information, this former graduate in art and geography from Saint John University in York, was alone with Emiliano Sala aboard this small aircraft before disappearing radar on Monday night. White hair and wrinkled face, Dave Henderson appeared a few years ago, in a report by the BBC in which he returned to his main business of "private aircraft conveyor" around the world.
    "Pilot Dave Henderson has done nearly a hundred transatlantic crossings by light aircraft, sometimes in extreme conditions," reads the website of the English channel. A "profession" he had been practicing for over twenty years. Dave Henderson had set up his own aviation consulting firm. "If you have to use general aviation for whatever reason, anywhere in the world, I can probably help you," says his LinkedIn page. The different places in the world where he went to drop small planes appear on his Facebook page. Dave Henderson had made stops in Greenland, India, China, Japan, Florida and California.

Emiliano Sala’s ex-team-mate Diego Rolán to Radio 1010 AM: “Emiliano sent a message to a friend during the flight & told him that he was scared. That if they never spoke again, he would know what happened.”
    Just see tnis on Twitter

https://www.theguardian.com/football...city-never-had

Shock hits that record-signing Sala may be ‘best player Cardiff never had’

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    The whole article dispels the comments on the pilots forums about inexperience.

is it a nightmare...

can we wake up tomorrow and it never happened

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Emiliano Sala’s ex-team-mate Diego Rolán to Radio 1010 AM: “Emiliano sent a message to a friend during the flight & told him that he was scared. That if they never spoke again, he would know what happened.”
    Just see tnis on Twitter
    Bloody hell

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I have felt physically sick worrying about this man today, so much so I had to get out of the house for a while. It didn`t work, really struggling to come to terms with this absolute tragedy.
    I think a lot of people felt like this today. It’s just so surreal....

I've not been able to concentrate all day in work, been checking my phone every 5-10 mins. Can't switch off this evening either... Can't believe how much this has hit me.
    So desperately tragic for the families, friends and both clubs.

What a sad time in Cardiff City's history. A time that should have been filled with so much excitement for both Sala and the fans.
    RIP both.

wow... from 2015... watched the clip and hes talking about whats just happened

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazi...-a-ferry-pilot

Somehow none of this feels real yet - like it is some made-up worst nightmare. I have been refreshing my phone all day to see if there has been some mistake and the plane did land safe and well. Looks like that isn't going to be the case and I have a feeling of utter dread that these two poor souls are now deceased. I have the worst hollow feeling inside right now and wish to hell that this isn't the case.

What a black day for Cardiff City and for the families and loved ones of the two involved in this horrendous incident. Be thankful for what you have in your life right now as incidents like this make you realise that tragedy could be just round the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

Scary, especially when he talks about fellow professionals who’ve not made it.
    Heartbreaking stuff, today has been one surreal day for the two clubs.

Just see tnis on Twitter
    That really puts it into perspective.

Just see tnis on Twitter
    The audio message has now been posted as well. The consensus is that it's genuine. I'm not posting the link but it's there.

Prophetic. He talks about flying as a challenge, an adventure, addictive...and the pilots who do a similar job to him that have died due to minor but fatal mistakes. Icing and subsequent descent to try and get rid of the ice now seem the most likely cause of the aircraft coming down, only this time he may have underestimated the weather conditions, icing got worse and he lost control.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    That really puts it into perspective.
    I believe they've already apologised for this as it was "mistranslated."

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1087824897991159809?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Scary, especially when he talks about fellow professionals who’ve not made it.
    Heartbreaking stuff, today has been one surreal day for the two clubs.
    not sure what this is about though... is it not the same guy looks like the same guy, apology if wires are crossed but someone from the jersey news just commented on it... but the last post says im not dead ? mix up or whats going on there... has the pilot been named and its a mixed id...

https://www.facebook.com/dave.henderson.94043

not sure what this is about though... is it not the same guy looks like the same guy, apology if wires are crossed but someone from the jersey news just commented on it... but the last post says im not dead ? mix up or whats going on there... has the pilot been named and its a mixed id...

https://www.facebook.com/dave.henderson.94043
    News outlets named him as the pilots an hour ago but if you try and click on the link from the sun and mirror they’ve both pulled the articles!
    Very odd, wires have been crossed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1087...991159809?s=21
    Mistranslated only that the message was sent before the flight not during the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1087...991159809?s=21
    I'm not sure how much it changes in this event: sending a message to say feeling scared before setting foot on the plane and sending a message to say feeling scared during the flight. However, does show how quickly twitter can take a story before it becomes corrected.

Still in a bit of a daze as to what’s happened , so surreal
    Absolutely gut wrenching

Saw these words written by someone on Facebook underneath a picture of Sala and it tipped me over ( tried to upload the attachment but couldn’t for some reason

“Dear English Channel
    If you have them , keep them safe , warm them take away all the fear
    Take good care of Emiliano and the pilot , until we come to take them home “

Truly heartbreaking
    Thoughts with his and the pilots family and friends