+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Recovering the bodies.

I think it means they are looking for dead bodies and not living people.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think it means they are looking for dead bodies and not living people.
    Cheers. Didn't want to jump the gun and just assume that is what it was. Very sad day.

No chance of fining anyone alive I guess. So sad.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/826101...dave-ibbotson/

Emiliano Sala’s Brit pilot admitted he was ‘a little bit rusty’ and kept flying ‘too high’ hours before doomed plane crashed in Channel

It means they are presumed dead

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    It means they are presumed dead
    They may have been spotted and now need alternate vessels to recover them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    They may have been spotted and now need alternate vessels to recover them.
    I wish this was the case, but sadly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I wish this was the case, but sadly not.
    I don't mean alive.

Boys, all I can think about is his mam & dad waiting desperately by the phone/refreshing internet pages etc.

Mafia? Anyone heard anything about sala's ex girlfriend saying it's the mafia? I just had a text off somebody?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Mafia? Anyone heard anything about sala's ex girlfriend saying it's the mafia? I just had a text off somebody?
    There will always be conspiracies but please, now isn't the time for them.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    There will always be conspiracies but please, now isn't the time for them.
    To be fair, it is his ex girlfriend saying this stuff. Guardian article. Not that it gives it any legitimacy, but that’s not ccmb speculation .

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    To be fair, it is his ex girlfriend saying this stuff. Guardian article. Not that it gives it any legitimacy, but that’s not ccmb speculation .
    OK, fair enough.

Probably bollux but not had time to trawl through all the pages. Sorry if already posted

Wales online reporting that the pilot was a gas engineer by trade..

The Sky news tweet probably means they have found the bodies and will recover which ties in with my earlier post suggesting the search activity had been either curtailed or called off.

If they have found the bodies the life boat and plane are still searching...... can be seen on trackers. They are doing search patterns / generally covering areas

I think recovery means they are simply not looking to find anyone alive now

Quote from pilots forum

"It is understood Mr Ibbotson, had been hired along with the Norfolk-registered single engine plane, by Sala’s representatives to fly the player to Cardiff after he had said his farewells to team-mates at his old club Nantes.
    Mr Ibbotson, who worked as a gas engineer based in Crowle, is believed to have had extensive experience carrying parachute enthusiasts on flights from private airfields.
    One picture shows him him at the controls of a light aircraft in a selfie with a parachute jumper."

Ideal chap to be flying a complex single at night, IFR in dodgy icing conditions. Sala's reps and the owner of the aircraft have some serious questions to answer if this is true. After 30 years as a professional pilot with all the checks you have to pass along the way I can't believe that such stupidity is still going on. And organisations like Wingly, Grant Shaps red tape challenge and the supine attitude of the CAA have done nothing to enhance safety.

I am so angry at the death of Mr Sala. Save a few quid, probably break any number of laws, kill someone. What a disgusting waste of life and talent.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Quote from pilots forum

"It is understood Mr Ibbotson, had been hired along with the Norfolk-registered single engine plane, by Sala’s representatives to fly the player to Cardiff after he had said his farewells to team-mates at his old club Nantes.
    Mr Ibbotson, who worked as a gas engineer based in Crowle, is believed to have had extensive experience carrying parachute enthusiasts on flights from private airfields.
    One picture shows him him at the controls of a light aircraft in a selfie with a parachute jumper."

Ideal chap to be flying a complex single at night, IFR in dodgy icing conditions. Sala's reps and the owner of the aircraft have some serious questions to answer if this is true. After 30 years as a professional pilot with all the checks you have to pass along the way I can't believe that such stupidity is still going on. And organisations like Wingly, Grant Shaps red tape challenge and the supine attitude of the CAA have done nothing to enhance safety.

I am so angry at the death of Mr Sala. Save a few quid, probably break any number of laws, kill someone. What a disgusting waste of life and talent.
    It is registered in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It is registered in the U.S.
    it is a US registered plane from 1984... but to get around the rules of non US owner ship they set up 'lease' companies and this one is in Norfolk. Probably loads of planes registered there... gets around UK rules for commercial as well...... pilots etc

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    it is a US registered plane from 1984... but to get around the rules of non US owner ship they set up 'lease' companies and this one is in Norfolk. Probably loads of planes registered there... gets around UK rules for commercial as well...... pilots etc
    I see. Thanks for that. It's more complicated than it would seem.