+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't have the exact breakdown, the figures I saw were posted over on the pilots forum.
    they had the % compared to other light aircraft, it didnt look good and the Malibu wouldnt never be a plane of choice

On the Aviation Safety Network website (sorry don't know how to post link) it gives full details of all accidents with Piper Malibu aircraft since 1984. There have been225 incidents, with varying causes, since then . A large number resulted in fatalities

I don't have the exact breakdown, the figures I saw were posted over on the pilots forum.
    Makes a big difference though, could be an unreliable aircraft or one that’s been used by inexperienced or not good pilots for some reason.

Where did you get this information from?
    French media reported several eye witness reports of 3 men on the tarmac. I've since seen another poster saying Dave Henderson was not there. I've not seen those reports but even if that were true I find it hard to believe anyone was happy allowing one pilot to ferry our record signing across the channel at that time of night. Particularly a pilot who was a gas fitter and part time DJ.

I've not seen anything that denies there were 3 people on the tarmac that night. In my eyes that makes sense. Sala and 2 pilots. My question would be who was this third guy and why was he there because unfortunately Mr Ibbotson appeared to lack the experience to carry out such a flight on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    French media reported several eye witness reports of 3 men on the tarmac. I've since seen another poster saying Dave Henderson was not there. I've not seen those reports but even if that were true I find it hard to believe anyone was happy allowing one pilot to ferry our record signing across the channel at that time of night. Particularly a pilot who was a gas fitter and part time DJ.

I've not seen anything that denies there were 3 people on the tarmac that night. In my eyes that makes sense. Sala and 2 pilots. My question would be who was this third guy and why was he there because unfortunately Mr Ibbotson appeared to lack the experience to carry out such a flight on his own.
    Dave Henderson himself has stated he wasn't there, although he does have some history with that plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Those quotes from his 'friends'.

"I always thought he was a better plumber than he was a pilot. We never really considered him a pilot, he was just the man at the controls when parachutists went up."

Imagine being the sort of person who'd say things like that to a national newspaper so soon after the probable death of someone you knew when the facts are nowhere near available.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

"I always thought he was a better plumber than he was a pilot. We never really considered him a pilot, he was just the man at the controls when parachutists went up."

Imagine being the sort of person who'd say things like that to a national newspaper so soon after the probable death of someone you knew when the facts are nowhere near available.
    As the saying goes, "with friends like these.. "

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Ridiculous quotes from his "friends"! How the hell would they be in a position to judge his ability as a pilot?
    "He was just the man at the controls"... they make it sound like he was operating nothing more than a funfair ride, geez!

I'm a very pragmatic person and I know that there is essentially zero chance of either man being found alive, but for some strange reason I keep expecting the news to say that they've both been found and are well.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    I'm a very pragmatic person and I know that there is essentially zero chance of either man being found alive, but for some strange reason I keep expecting the news to say that they've both been found and are well.
    DITTO !!!!!!!

At 6.30 on Tues morning I was driving to work when the Radio Wales news said plane gone missing from Nantes to Cardiff. Nothing else at that stage. Immediately I sort of knew. I posted that morning, on this thread, and haven't since, although I have read every comment. Haven't been much cop this week, thinking about very little else. I am a 50 year old cynical realist and yet when I read this post just now I realised it was exactly how I feel. To be honest still can't quite believe it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    At 6.30 on Tues morning I was driving to work when the Radio Wales news said plane gone missing from Nantes to Cardiff. Nothing else at that stage. Immediately I sort of knew. I posted that morning, on this thread, and haven't since, although I have read every comment. Haven't been much cop this week, thinking about very little else. I am a 50 year old cynical realist and yet when I read this post just now I realised it was exactly how I feel. To be honest still can't quite believe it all.
    Other than being four years younger than you, I couldn't have put it better myself. The chain of events that have led to this are truly horrific.

This is exactly how I feel. As time goes on and no wreckage is found I feel the odds of them turning up are increasing. I have always had a part of me that thinks they are OK.

I agree, sitting on an abandoned island in a derelict old cottage just waiting....if the plane did go down in the sea, what’s the chance of finding it? It has no black box or data recorder does it? Did I read the channel is quite deep around that area aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree, sitting on an abandoned island in a derelict old cottage just waiting....if the plane did go down in the sea, what’s the chance of finding it? It has no black box or data recorder does it? Did I read the channel is quite deep around that area aswell?
    Yes there's a deep underwater trench north of Alderney called Hurd's Deep at over 600ft. Just reading the pilots forum and they were suggesting the aircraft could have crashed anywhere from Guernsey to Cardiff if it was flying low to avoid ice and too low for radar detection. There are some pretty remote areas on the route such as Dartmoor and Exmoor and of course the Bristol Channel.

From the pilots forum

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    From the pilots forum

That forum has some incredible opinions as to what may have happened.its 32 pages now.

I just want to say that there was unanimous support for you on Molineux Mix over this tragic issue. Despite our rivalries in the past, football pales into insignificance by comparison and this sentiment was shared by all of us.
    There is very little else which I can add but I thought that it was important to register our moral support.
    RIP Emiliano Sala

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index....o-sala.209191/

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Lad View Post
    I just want to say that there was unanimous support for you on Molineux Mix over this tragic issue. Despite our rivalries in the past, football pales into insignificance by comparison and this sentiment was shared by all of us.
    There is very little else which I can add but I thought that it was important to register our moral support.
    RIP Emiliano Sala

Nice post. Cheers.

nice 1

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-what-15731596

Inside the search for Emiliano Sala: What happened during three grueling days that ended in vain

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Lad View Post
    RIP Emiliano Sala

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47013648

Emiliano Sala: 120,000 euros raised for private search

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You do know what a black box is, do you goats?
    And no, it dosent have it..