+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

Re: Light aircraft gone down from Nantes to Cardiff near Guernsey last night?

I think it's safe to say he was on it. The club would know his every movement and it would be a quick 15 second statement to say he wasn't and thoughts are with those who were on it.

Horrendous news regardless of whether he was or wasn't. Really does football, the striker search etc into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    It doesn't sound good.
    BBC on line suggesting Sala involved

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    He’s now tweeting Sala was on board.

Wales online now reporting.

French Press Agency AFP now reporting that he was on board.

The longer it goes without someone saying that he wasn't on board, the worse it looks.

https://twitter.com/afpfr/status/1087634041149579264

French associated press saying he was on board. Police source.

Shocking news, hope they’re ok but that seems very unlikely

Jesus Christ.

Please, please let him and the pilot be safe, please!

Oh my God that's awful

I can't believe it. This can't be true. Hoping for some good news soon.

Please please god hope all on board are safe, please god

A colleague just told me that he heard on the radio that the search was called off last night due to weather conditions. Fog, I think. I was a bit dumbfounded and didn't fully take in what he was saying.

Edited to say that sadly it looks like he was on board.... this is desperately sad news

Can't be real, can it? Hope all are found ok by some miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A colleague just told me that he heard on the radio that the search was called off last night due to weather conditions. Fog, I think. I was a bit dumbfounded and didn't fully take in what he was saying.
    Reports I've seen say it was called off because of rising winds

talkRADIO (@talkRADIO) Tweeted:
    BREAKING: Argentinian footballer Emiliano Sala was on board a plane that went missing over the English Channel on Monday night, French media have reported. The Nantes striker was announced as a new signing for Premier League club Cardiff City on Saturday. More follows... https://t.co/iMTjboNpml https://twitter.com/talkRADIO/status...955651584?s=17

mehmet confirms club concerned about whereabouts of Sala, and awaiting confirmation.

Spoke to Jim White on talksport.

Surely if he wasn’t on there they would know where he was and not be concerned.

Gutted

How incredibly sad. I'm very shocked.

Just heard the news ....... Physically feel sick to my stomach.

Hope they are found safe and sound

Can't believe it, what are the chances. Poor Emiliano.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Just heard the news ....... Physically feel sick to my stomach.

Hope they are found safe and sound
    Me too. I've got a horrible feeling about this.

Mehmet Dalman: “We are very concerned by the latest news that a light aircraft lost contact over the Channel last night. We are awaiting confirmation before we can say anything further. We are very concerned for the safety of Emiliano Sala."

Hoping for a miracle.