+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to say it no one esle has

I'm going to say it no one esle has

Why wasn't Emilio on an easyjet flight.?
    For ****s sake

Re: I'm going to say it no one esle has

As a professional pilot myself , I have more than a passing interest in yesterday’s events.

What’s slightly baffling is that Emilio flew into Cardiff from Nantes on Friday to sign his contract and complete his medical On an Eclipse 500 , a state of the art light twin jet operated by these guys https://www.channeljets.com ,a proper commercialy licensed air taxi firm operating on a commercial air operators certificate.

It does beg the question how was he allowed to fly back to Cardiff on Monday night on a single engine aircraft albieit a very high spec one , at night , over water and in the middle of winter , and on a privately owned and operated aircraft rather than a commercial operator and was this sanctioned by the club or was it left down to the player to make his own travel arrangements ?

It does seem a bizarre way to look after your record £15m signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    As a professional pilot myself , I have more than a passing interest in yesterday’s events.

What’s slightly baffling is that Emilio flew into Cardiff from Nantes on Friday to sign his contract and complete his medical On an Eclipse 500 , a state of the art light twin jet operated by these guys https://www.channeljets.com ,a proper commercialy licensed air taxi firm operating on a commercial air operators certificate.

It does beg the question how was he allowed to fly back to Cardiff on Monday night on a single engine aircraft albieit a very high spec one , at night , over water and in the middle of winter , and on a privately owned and operated aircraft rather than a commercial operator and was this sanctioned by the club or was it left down to the player to make his own travel arrangements ?

Very odd.....why not use same firm?

I'm sure I read somewhere that he flew back to Nantes on the same aircraft and complained that the flight was very bumpy ...... I might be wrong.

Apparently He flew back to Nantes on Saturday on said aircraft.

I have an uneasy feeling that theses flights were operated by a someone doing a “favour” for the club rather than a proper Commercial air taxi firm which they should have used.

Who owns the plane he was on?
    Surely they could be in the receiving end of a mega-law suit if it gets proved that the plane was at fault.

If not and it’s not and it’s “act of god” then any insurance claim would be invalid ( not that money matters but it is a lot )

It's so difficult under these circumstances...... What if this, what if that, what if, so many questions and unfortunately I don't think we'll ever know what really happened. Only the man upstairs has all the answers

Dalman confirmed they offered him commercial transport but player turned it down. Looks like his sorted this himself or through Nantes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Dalman confirmed they offered him commercial transport but player turned it down. Looks like his sorted this himself or through Nantes.
    After paying £15m for him I would be looking to protect my record investment and would be insisting that he travelled on the transport arranged by the club.

Such an avoidable and unnecessary waste of life.

The plane belonged to Tan according to quotes from his mother.

It was being reported yesterday that the missing plane is owned by Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It was being reported yesterday that the missing plane is owned by Tan.
    It has also been reported it isn't. We don't know, so let's not speculate.

You lot are F....ing unbelievable. Starting and contributing to a thread like this to beat the club over the head - again. You just cant help yourselves can you. Disgraceful.

Horacio Sala relató que están en comunicación con el Cardiff, pero que aún no tienen novedades sobrelo que ha podido ocurrir con el avión en el que viajaba el jugador. «El avión es del Presidente del Cardiff City. Nos informaron que el avión había desaparecido y que lo estaban buscando».

Horacio Sala said that they are in contact with Cardiff, but are yet to receive further info.....” The plane belongs to the chairman of Cardiff City. We were informed that the plane had disappeared and that it was being searched for”

After paying £15m for him I would be looking to protect my record investment and would be insisting that he travelled on the transport arranged by the club.
    BBC are now quoting Dalman as saying Sala made his own arrangements. Why? The mystery as to why he was on a non commercial flight deepens. If he had already made a return journey by commercial air taxi, surely the club would make the same arrangement and not expect a player to make his own arrangements. An iota of common sense would dictate against single engine/nightime/worsening weathet flight. Something does not add up. Confirming who the pilot was might begin to shed some light.
    Last edited by IanD; 23-01-19 at 09:13. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You lot are F....ing unbelievable. Starting and contributing to a thread like this to beat the club over the head - again. You just cant help yourselves can you. Disgraceful.
    This is not about the club. It’s about the player and why the feck he was travelling in a tinpot airplane. You need to get a hold on your persecution complex.

The plane is not owned by Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    This is not about the club. It’s about the player and why the feck he was travelling in a tinpot airplane. You need to get a hold on your persecution complex.
    We don't know why though, we know he was on a plane and that's it. Why speculate? It doesn't do any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We don't know why though, we know he was on a plane and that's it. Why speculate? It doesn't do any good?
    Exactly.

Even driving up, must have done that route 20 times, sure he would be here next day but with all his stuff in the boot, easy, and cheap.
    Ifs and buts I know. Guess people just think it’s only 50 mins in a plane etc...what could go wrong?

The plane is not owned by Tan.
    That’s what I’d think, he can afford far better and after the Leicester crash I bet he won’t travel on just anything.....

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    No - its about people trying to speculate and blame the club and individuals within it, at a time when all we should be doing is showing compassion, support and shared grief for the individuals concerned and their families. Most people have managed to do this excellently but some just cant help themselves. The reason why 'no one else has said it' is because saying it shows a total lack of compassion and understanding of the situation and how it is affecting people within the club, only 24 hours after the incident happened. I saw our CEO facing the media yesterday with tears in his eyes and speaking excellently about the player and how the club felt about what had happened. Pity that people like you cant show the same dignity.

There will inevitably be recriminations. Whether Tan owned the plane or the club organised the flight is completely immaterial at this stage. Now is far far too early to be even discussing these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Why wasn't Emilio on an easyjet flight.?
    For ****s sake
    The reason why no one else has said it is because it need not be said. Yes we may all be thinking it as it's an obvious thing to ask yourself but one should keep these types of thoughts to oneself in these tragic circumstances.

Please stop speculating. Nobody has been confirmed dead yet, and we have no idea what happened so cannot say that anything that has or has not happened is avoidable and unnessary.

I understand the desire to try to guess what has happened here and I am not suggesting that what anybody is saying is unlikely, but there are very few facts and very many unknowns at this stage. Difficult though it is, the only real thing to do now is sit tight and wait for actual news rather than second-guessing as the latter helps nobody.