+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would it be callous and disrespectful to look for a new striker

Re: Would it be callous and disrespectful to look for a new striker

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    We still haven't got the midfielder and full back we were looking for. Has everyone just stopped?
    I would imagine they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Crazy situation really isn’t it, there’s only a week left to sign anyone but how do the club handle this?
    I think our best bet is other clubs helping us out. Have seen discussions about this on other clubs forums.

The club is doing the right thing by supporting the parents, bringing those close to him to Cardiff and, with Nantes, looking to see how they can provide the family with financial security. It's too early to think about a new player until at least Sala's death has been confirmed and the possibility of the transfer deadline being extended is explored given these exceptional circumstances. Even if they were looking for a replacement there is no money as there are suggestions that there was no insurance in place as that takes a few days to arrange following a transfer. All this presumes the Daily Mail article :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...-training.html

is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The club is doing the right thing by supporting the parents, bringing those close to him to Cardiff and, with Nantes, looking to see how they can provide the family with financial security. It's too early to think about a new player until at least Sala's death has been confirmed and the possibility of the transfer deadline being extended is explored given these exceptional circumstances. Even if they were looking for a replacement there is no money as there are suggestions that there was no insurance in place as that takes a few days to arrange following a transfer. All this presumes the Daily Mail article :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...-training.html

is correct.
    If there are no bodies found, this can take up to 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    In any other line of work this type of event would , I’m sure’ be treated with the upmost compassion and understanding. A day off for the players, fine. The staff, who would have known him best, must have their heads in another place. You can insist things get back to normal but insisting and doing things as normal doesn’t cover up anything if you’re head has gone.

These are extenuating circumstances and the banality of transfer windows should not be insisted upon. If other clubs don’t want to sell then fair enough, but if they need to sell a striker that is surplus to requirements I don’t see the harm in allowing an exception, in fact I’d say it is the only right way to deal with this situation. Anything else would be mean, unsympathetic and cold.
    Compassion and understanding not two things I’ve ever experienced in my 46 working years,sadly in the real world you just have to get on with it .if Cardiff City are doing more then respect to them

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Compassion and understanding not two things I’ve ever experienced in my 46 working years,sadly in the real world you just have to get on with it .if Cardiff City are doing more then respect to them
    Absolutely. I've had close colleagues take their own lives and still been expected to carry on working after being informed, and be in work the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Absolutely. I've had close colleagues take their own lives and still been expected to carry on working after being informed, and be in work the next day.
    My wife has a miscarriage before my eldest was born. We had it confirmed in an appointment the morning and I had to be in work that afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My wife has a miscarriage before my eldest was born. We had it confirmed in an appointment the morning and I had to be in work that afternoon.
    Sorry to hear that sir

Vardy on loan for rest of season

Ken Choo this morning confirmed that he asked the EPL yesterday about an extension to the January window - given the exceptional circumstances - and was told the deadline is the deadline.

He also said that the club was trying to carry on with its work on the training ground and chasing transfers - compartmentalising as far as possible - and although very difficult the club was not shut down.

https://talksport.com/football/48079...disappearance/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ional-15725951

"I think from the club’s perspective we are managing this situation but we have another department which has to continue looking at the transfers.

"I'm basically multi-tasking three of four jobs at once at this point. It’s really difficult physically, emotionally and mentally to try to cope in a situation like this, where we have to segregate our mind into looking for Emiliano, segregating our mind to help the family, and the club is trying its best to provide the best care for the family and giving them the information which they want, which is totally factual.

"We want to tell them all the facts line by line.

"We are still running a business which continues, we still have to meet the transfer deadline.

“We have spoken to the Premier League on tough how it is for us to cope given that there's eight days to go, and we have been watching Emiliano for months, and we got it over the line finally and then, we have eight days to go.

"We don't really know how to cope with this scenario, but we have to meet the deadline.

"The bottom line from the Premier League is that 'you have to meet the deadline like everybody else'."

The PL were never going to do anything for us.

It doesn't even get a mention on their website.

As far as they are concerned the PL is 6 clubs with 14 others providing cannon fodder and fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ken Choo this morning confirmed that he asked the EPL yesterday about an extension to the January window - given the exceptional circumstances - and was told the deadline is the deadline.

He also said that the club was trying to carry on with its work on the training ground and chasing transfers - compartmentalising as far as possible - and although very difficult the club was not shut down.

https://talksport.com/football/48079...disappearance/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ional-15725951

"I think from the club’s perspective we are managing this situation but we have another department which has to continue looking at the transfers.

"I'm basically multi-tasking three of four jobs at once at this point. It’s really difficult physically, emotionally and mentally to try to cope in a situation like this, where we have to segregate our mind into looking for Emiliano, segregating our mind to help the family, and the club is trying its best to provide the best care for the family and giving them the information which they want, which is totally factual.

"We want to tell them all the facts line by line.

"We are still running a business which continues, we still have to meet the transfer deadline.

“We have spoken to the Premier League on tough how it is for us to cope given that there's eight days to go, and we have been watching Emiliano for months, and we got it over the line finally and then, we have eight days to go.

"We don't really know how to cope with this scenario, but we have to meet the deadline.

"The bottom line from the Premier League is that 'you have to meet the deadline like everybody else'."
    That is feckin despicable.

As bad as the situation is other than a search for a striker to fill the void you would think our other business would be done or at least targets finalised.

Again I think we have been naive during this transfer window and in many respects are reactive rather than proactive in pursuing players and our inability to get transfers over line has been shown up again with the Clyne incident.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    As bad as the situation is other than a search for a striker to fill the void you would think our other business would be done or at least targets finalised.

Again I think we have been naive during this transfer window and in many respects are reactive rather than proactive in pursuing players and our inability to get transfers over line has been shown up again with the Clyne incident.
    We signed our main target. We are not a big fish, players are going to wait until someone bigger comes along. We'd have got Clyne had Francis not done his ACL. He did, Bournemouth then needed a right back, so they got him. We've got the smallest pull of any of the PL clubs, with the possible exception of Huddersfield. We can't offer London, we can't offer guaranteed PL football next season and we can't offer massive wages. Who knows if the other targets we identified are still available and even if we were to get any money back for Sala, it'll take a long time to do so. Not one of us has any real idea of what goes on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

As far as they are concerned the PL is 6 clubs with 14 others providing cannon fodder and fixtures.
    But the tw@ts knew where to come when they wanted a £250K contribution to their mate's retirement present

Real Madrid must have given up on winning La Liga by now. Would be great PR for them to loan us Gareth Bale for the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

I don't get why they should. The knock on to other clubs would be a nightmare to manage.

I read earlier that we would not look to sign a replacement for Sala. Unfortunately, I can't find the link now.

Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I read earlier that we would not look to sign a replacement for Sala. Unfortunately, I can't find the link now.
    Found it -
    https://www.90min.com/posts/6279400-...r-goes-missing

Hats off to Tees Blue:_

"But the tw@ts knew where to come when they wanted a £250K contribution to their mate's retirement present"

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A horrible situation for all to be in, but as a football club, I have no idea of the next steps
    Utterly gutted but I would love to see Artem Dyzuba signed. Tailor made for the scenario to go to battle for us weary fans.