+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would it be callous and disrespectful to look for a new striker

Would it be callous and disrespectful to look for a new striker

A horrible situation for all to be in, but as a football club, I have no idea of the next steps

Re: Would it be callous and disrespectful to look for a new striker

No. Its horrible to think about but its pragmatic, someone at the club will already have been making enquiries

It’s a terrible situation for the club and you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t. The clock is also ticking. Life has to go on and you have to try to stay in this division so yes that means you do have to buy another striker next week.

Just to add it’s not something the club would ever have dreamt they would have to do. No one could possibly have believed this would have happened but the harsh reality is that you cannot stay in a state of limbo.

I think it would be appropriate for UEFA or the FA to waive the transfer restrictions and allow Cardiff City to sign a striker in Febuary or March.....or at whatever point the club feels it would be appropriate to start looking for a replacement. It’s important that everyone is given the time to digest what has happened in their own time without feeling pressured by the closing of the window.

I can’t imagine aby of the staff will be feeling like travelling and negotiating for the players they are currently in for, let alone looking for another striker to fill in for Emiliano.

It’s a bonkers situation and you can’t expect people just to get back into the rhythm of running the club as if nothing has happened.

I wouldn’t have thought anyone would want to come
    Here anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I think it would be appropriate for UEFA or the FA to waive the transfer restrictions and allow Cardiff City to sign a striker in Febuary or March.....or at whatever point the club feels it would be appropriate to start looking for a replacement. It’s important that everyone is given the time to digest what has happened in their own time without feeling pressured by the closing of the window.

I can’t imagine aby of the staff will be feeling like travelling and negotiating for the players they are currently in for, let alone looking for another striker to fill in for Emiliano.

It’s a bonkers situation and you can’t expect people just to get back into the rhythm of running the club as if nothing has happened.
    I can’t see that ever happening personally

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I thought about that earlier but I doubt they’d give us any special dispensation purely for the fact that it’s unfair on the other team should they need a replacement which they can’t get.
    The only thing I could probably think we’d get is a waiver to get a 3rd loan player in from the PL.
    The situation is so surreal and I imagine we will get a clearer view of things in the coming days/weeks.

I would seem it acceptable and neccisary. Unfortunately it looks like we have to move forward. I don't think it will put anyone off joining us not would it aid us. I would expect zero favours from the FA though

I wouldn't be shocked if we brought someone in on loan from abroad.

The footballing world acts in weird ways; I dare say someone will offer to help out.

No idea how the club even try to move forward though.

In any other line of work this type of event would , I’m sure’ be treated with the upmost compassion and understanding. A day off for the players, fine. The staff, who would have known him best, must have their heads in another place. You can insist things get back to normal but insisting and doing things as normal doesn’t cover up anything if you’re head has gone.

These are extenuating circumstances and the banality of transfer windows should not be insisted upon. If other clubs don’t want to sell then fair enough, but if they need to sell a striker that is surplus to requirements I don’t see the harm in allowing an exception, in fact I’d say it is the only right way to deal with this situation. Anything else would be mean, unsympathetic and cold.

What player would want to be the replacement for our record signing who died in a plane crash three days after he joined the club?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What player would want to be the replacement for our record signing who died in a plane crash three days after he joined the club?
    Get a grip.

Bloody drama queen.

It is a rancid money driven professional game , all the cellar dwellers will utter platitudes but will be privately delighted at our horrible position . Instead of plan A with dear Emiliano we are stuck with plan Z . What a shit Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    It is a rancid money driven professional game , all the cellar dwellers will utter platitudes but will be privately delighted at our horrible position . Instead of plan A with dear Emiliano we are stuck with plan Z . What a shit Sandwich
    bizarre. Are you referring to other teams in the division?

Nobody at the club is going to look for a replacement for Emiliano until confirmation of what has happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Nobody at the club is going to look for a replacement for Emiliano until confirmation of what has happened to him.
    Crazy situation really isn’t it, there’s only a week left to sign anyone but how do the club handle this?

Of course not. We need more players. No disrespect, but if Emiliano ever shows up at the CCS, I'm sure he'll be given the chance to fight for his place. In the meantime, we need reinforcements.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if we brought someone in on loan from abroad.

The footballing world acts in weird ways; I dare say someone will offer to help out.

No idea how the club even try to move forward though.
    Hardly the same thing and it happened in a completely different era, but other clubs were very willing to help Manchester United out in 1958 and I wouldn't rule out one or two looking on us in a more sympathetic light if we enquired about one of their players.

Didn't Chapecoense play with a full team of loanees after their teams plane crashed in 2016. I'm sure they were helped out by other Brazilian teams in that instance.

Wouldn't surprise me if we end up recalling Gary Madine (if we're allowed to)

I think that this tragedy will stop any further transfers, there may be a loan but I even doubt that.

As stated above I could see madine being recalled.

International

We still haven't got the midfielder and full back we were looking for. Has everyone just stopped?

Frankly, I'd be amazed if agents hadn't called to "express their sympathy" and whilst they are on, enquire if we might be interested in someone they are representing.

Quote Originally Posted by not telling View Post
    Frankly, I'd be amazed if agents hadn't called to "express their sympathy" and whilst they are on, enquire if we might be interested in someone they are representing.
    Yep.