+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Channel Islands Air Search

Channel Islands Air Search

https://www.ci-airsearch.com/

Channel Islands Air Search is a voluntary service providing a rapid response airborne search and rescue service in Channel Island waters.

They have been helping to search for Emiliano Sala since the plane that he was travelling in disappeared.

It is possible to make a donation to help cover their running costs via the website.

Re: Channel Islands Air Search

I donated last night, I hope the club are aware of this and will contribute too.

Big respect to everyone involved over the last few days.

Donated

Donated

Donated.

Donated. Also sent a "thank you" email to them for their efforts (you can find email addresses on their website).

Donated

Donated. like most people i have spent most of the last few days thinking about this and not much else , earlier i was thinking it would be a nice gesture if a bucket collection could be organised from fans at our next home game ,it could go towards the Air search and RNLI for all there efforts as they are both charities, with 30k fans it could amount to a decent donation to keep the services going i have no idea how to organise anything like this and guess the club has too much to deal with maybe the supporters trust could organise something?

Donated

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...dangerous-seas

Search for Sala: meet the volunteers who scoured the seas

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Donated. like most people i have spent most of the last few days thinking about this and not much else , earlier i was thinking it would be a nice gesture if a bucket collection could be organised from fans at our next home game ,it could go towards the Air search and RNLI for all there efforts as they are both charities, with 30k fans it could amount to a decent donation to keep the services going i have no idea how to organise anything like this and guess the club has too much to deal with maybe the supporters trust could organise something?

Maybe The Trust could organise a Auction/Dinner, at the club. ???

I should imagine the Caterers would offer their services

We NEED to recover the bodies.

Might be nice if the club organised a pre-season / end of season friendly with FC Nantes and donated the gate takings The Channel Islands Air Search

Donated

To put it into perspective, this is what 1700m2 roughly looks like.

1700m2.jpg

We all know the south wales area well and to cover an area this size in small planes and lifeboats on the open seas is mind boggling. I was losing my shit yesterday is desperation as to the twitter chat about the flares, islands un searched etc etc but now cannot believe the efforts gone into the search. It is quite literally the needle in a haystick and that is putting it lightly.
    Unfortunately I think acceptance is coming across us all that these two chaps have been taken by the sea and will never be found but the courage and work by the search teams should also reap great praise for their bravery and efforts in trying to find the lads and the plane.

Will make decent donation and any charity work or event by the club for the search volunteers will be gladly welcome.

Sorry not 1700m2 but 1700 square miles!!

Whats really upsetting me this morning is the amount of people especially footballers demanding that they carry on the search for Sala and the Pilot and slamming the Channel Island search and rescue for stopping.

Fair enough ....... In order for them to carry on the search why don't the 35 000 people who have signed the petition donate £1? Why don't the footballers who are earning hundreds of thousands of pounds dig into their pockets and donate to help the search continue

If they have fair enough ........ But somehow I doubt it.

RANT OVER !!!!!

Agree. Again people quick to criticize without knowing the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Whats really upsetting me this morning is the amount of people especially footballers demanding that they carry on the search for Sala and the Pilot and slamming the Channel Island search and rescue for stopping.

Fair enough ....... In order for them to carry on the search why don't the 35 000 people who have signed the petition donate £1? Why don't the footballers who are earning hundreds of thousands of pounds dig into their pockets and donate to help the search continue

RANT OVER !!!!!
    35000 experts on marine rescues.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post

RANT OVER !!!!!
    Not only that, but these people are putting their own lives at risk to go out searching.

Reading the Guardian link above I'm surprised that it cost only ~£15,000. I would have thought it would have cost more than that, but I suspect that was just the CIAS cost and not the RNLI and Coastguard costs as well.